Sign in to follow this  
KeiserRotten

Infinite Supply Of Enchanted Water

Ill send you a jar of water that you can dump into your own barrel to create an infinite supply of enchanted water for Smithing imps.

WoA 24 / CoC 54

1s

reply here or pm Keiser in freedom isles.

Unless its been changed coc water doesn't have any impact on smithing.

woa doesn't even work unless the target was woa aswell (the power of the target will be used not the woa of the water)

Unless its been changed coc water doesn't have any impact on smithing.

It hasn't changed yet. CoC water still works for cloth tailoring though.

It works fine for Chain Smithing.  Tested myself with and without when I was grinding it.

I've been told it does NOT work for Weapons Smithing.

Edited by Ponderer

Hold on... we can not move the enchanted water from container to container and have the enchants remain in the water?

It works fine for Chain Smithing.  Tested myself with and without when I was grinding it.

I've been told it does NOT work for Weapons Smithing.

I just tested with WoA enchant on water, Tempering action;

Chain glove;

Plain water; 12sec

w47 water; 12sec

Like in my test conducted very long time ago, it was well explained why its safe to assume both WoA and CoC would have an effect if one of them would have an effect.

It seems that what was tested long time ago still remains; Tempering as an action does not take into account the enchants in the water, instead it takes into account the enchants in the item being enchanted. For reference a small test I doing just now for this;

c81 needle;

Plain water; 12sec

w47 water; 12sec

w90 horse shoe;

Plain water; 6.4sec

w47 water; 6.4sec

w68 horse shoe;

Plain water; 7.8sec

w47 water; 7.8sec

I would do this for weaponsmithing just aswell just to confirm "what you heard". But I am so sure it would also have same results that I wont do it. Apart from what you have heard, what you stated is thus proven to be not true.

Hold on... we can not move the enchanted water from container to container and have the enchants remain in the water?

Quoting myself. Since I decided to test the chain tempering bit, I tested this also. Yes it indeed seems we can move enchanted water to another container and enchant remains. I wish I would have known this before, although it wasnt much of an burden to discuss with customer what type of container they want their enchanted water in.

I would go assuming that this was changed when rarity system took in place? So we could move rarified liquids to another containers.

It hasn't changed yet. CoC water still works for cloth tailoring though.

This is true, I sold dose of enchanted water and tested Cloth Tailoring, Toymaking and Ropemaking, which all had an impact on watering action with WoA water. Again, assuming that if WoA has effect, CoC would do aswell.

I just tested with WoA enchant on water, Tempering action;

Chain glove;

Plain water; 12sec

w47 water; 12sec

Like in my test conducted very long time ago, it was well explained why its safe to assume both WoA and CoC would have an effect if one of them would have an effect.

It seems that what was tested long time ago still remains; Tempering as an action does not take into account the enchants in the water, instead it takes into account the enchants in the item being enchanted. For reference a small test I doing just now for this;

c81 needle;

Plain water; 12sec

w47 water; 12sec

w90 horse shoe;

Plain water; 6.4sec

w47 water; 6.4sec

w68 horse shoe;

Plain water; 7.8sec

w47 water; 7.8sec

I would do this for weaponsmithing just aswell just to confirm "what you heard". But I am so sure it would also have same results that I wont do it. Apart from what you have heard, what you stated is thus proven to be not true.

I was speaking for CoC alone on water.. never bothered with WoA as it doesn't increase timers for actions that revolve around activated water.  But it's been quite a while since I've played with it.. Rolf changes his idiotic mind every other day so who knows how many times it's changed since.

Edited by Ponderer

I was speaking for CoC alone on water.. never bothered with WoA as it doesn't increase timers for actions that revolve around activated water.  But it's been quite a while since I've played with it.. Rolf changes his idiotic mind every other day so who knows how many times it's changed since.

Like I just explained, as is known that when CoC or WoA works, they both works, if one doesnt work, both dont work.

Also, your assesment of water not "increase timers" (I think you meant "make timers faster") is wrong because that only applies to Tempering.

I am providing all this insight to this thread to back up the seller so anyone going for enchanted water know well to what it applies. With Tempering it wont, when activated, it does work with other type of water uses (cloth tailoring type of improves, which are cloth tailoring items, net traps(?) and puppets).

Now I am not sure if you meant to argue that coc would affect skill gains when chain smithing, this is what I did not test and only assumed based on how coc/woa usually work. Testing coc effects on items is subject to high variety of variables and to me its good enough to assume "if Woa effects the action, then Coc does too, if not, Coc doesnt either".

-->

To put all in a nutshell for the good of this WTS thread, I'd say its targeted to those who are imping "like cloth tailoring". (or variety of other skills which could apply, like creating dough?) But not for Tempering actions.

Now I am not sure if you meant to argue that coc would affect skill gains when chain smithing, this is what I did not test and only assumed based on how coc/woa usually work.

Yeah this was what I had meant.  I noticed increased gains and that the enchant level would drop randomly overtime, thus assumed it worked.  I do see what you've been saying now, makes sense.