Sign in to follow this  
Steeloxide

Are All Dragons Dead?

If you dont like me because of my views that is fine. My opinion has beed stated as clearly as It can be: There should be more dragons, or some way to stop them all from being whiped out by one group of players. Sorry if you dont agree :)

Its a sandbox game so it aint gonna happen. And to be honest we really don't need another Dragon thread. I would suggest you just get over it because it isn't going to change anytime soon. You had your chance to grind to 70FS just like everyone else. If it moves, someone on the server is going to figure out how to kill it sooner or later.

Awesome, another dragon whine thread, just what we need.

I see the same problem as Steeloxide.

Spawn once and never again, is a flawed system for a continuing longtime game.

whos going to stop corwen or a similar group from going in and killing them all before new players have a chance to even see them? Silly solution there.

No one will stop them. Anyone that's played Wurm for a while knows this. You understand Steeloxide. Others do not.

Before anyone says that "everyone has the ability to hunt a dragon", let me remind you of this: there is a 20 player maximum group size that can engage any target in Wurm. That means any given Dragon hunting party that gets created can be no more than 20 characters total in order for everyone to get the title (as I understand the system to work).

Now do the math.... total Players in Wurm divided by 20......  even if only 10% of Wurms Players wanted to hunt a Dragon with just one of their characters......anyone that says "everyone has the same opportunity to fight a Dragon as anyone does" is just flat out wrong. Simple math proves there would have to be regular and consistant respawning of the Dragons for this claim to even be remotely possible, and there are no respawnings anymore let alone consistant ones.

That 20 Player Limit thing.... I guarantee anyone and everyone that it will be the full time Dragon Hunters like Roman and others that kill the Dragon. Not the Players that never have and wish too.

So, how about we get "honest" and change the main website so new Players aren't drawn to Wurm to partake in an activity they have little or no chance to partake in? That would be best.

(oh btw I have no illusions about me EVER being allowed to join a group even if I wanted to hunt a Dragon (I don't). I made too many enemies for that. My comments were given to prove by common sense and simple math that the main website's claims that "all Players can hunt Dragons" is pure hogwash and marketing. The game simply does not support that claim in it's present form. Shame really.)

Edited by Kyrmius

i agree that dragons should spawn again , like 1 month after say the green dragon is dead another will spawn , so that everyone , new and old gets a chance to see and fight these great creatures, (no idea why this has not been implemented into the game yet) the way the system is now on dragons it is completely broken , lets hope rolf does something about this but he most likely won't , it has been years of people fussing over them and nothing yet so .... .

Edited by snowblind

Loooks to me like Release is ready to sit at the grown up table on the Freedom cluster!

I suggest we break it off from Pristine, to leave pristine-pristine, and you can join us now!

Yeah! Stuff!

Dragons in this game are a joke.  They are given wings but cannot fly.  They take 20 men to kill but can't break down a simple fence.   The truth of the matter is, if it takes that many to kill it then there shouldn't be anything in the game that could contain them.

See them for what they really are, a mechanic to get superior armor to a hand full of players. The value of said armor comes up during any discussion about the possibility of new dragons on existing servers.  They are not a majestic and powerful creature in this game - they are a limited commodity.  Think of it like you were told there were only 6 gold veins ever going to be spawned on the map - never another.

If this were not the case a pair of dragons would be the most dangerous things on any server and it would be nearly impossible to hunt them to extinction due to breeding in the wild.  Imagine if dragon populations were 1/1,000 of the population of unicorns?

The only reason I personally care is it would be nice to see one fly over once in a while - heck i wouldn't even care if they carried off one of my horses as a meal on occasion. 

I recall a post of somebody offering the idea that when a dragon female "dies" it drops a sheddes a skin of itself with items to butcher, then flys away for one year. Seems like the most promising suggestion thus far.

• Like 1

Loooks to me like Release is ready to sit at the grown up table on the Freedom cluster!

I suggest we break it off from Pristine, to leave pristine-pristine, and you can join us now!

Yeah! Stuff!

Um no. We don't need you.

Are there any left on Pristine?

all 4 of the pristine dragons was pinned.

1 was killed.

3 remain. "by different people"

If they were left to roam people would be making threads complaining about them attacking deeds and that the guards can't kill them. If it was not for the armor no one would care you don't see threads about the other uniques being killed off on the servers.

I guess it will always be an issue and i can see both sides of the coin but maybe he will come up with something in the new update. 

........... If it was not for the armor no one would care you don't see threads about the other uniques being killed off on the servers.......................

Wrong. I have complained about the Uniques getting exterminated of each of the servers I had characters on, going all the way back to the original MRH. No, I do not care one Iota about the Armor, never have.

Some of us do care about the Uniques getting killed off or why they're not a respawn by now, but it's obvious we who do are the minority. To be honest it doesn't matter what we think since there are many Players like you Kegan that are ready to tell everyone that we aren't here. How conveinent.

....and some Players around here wonder why players like me won't interact in the game world with others. ?? Or why they have stopped posting on forums?? 

Ignore me if you want to, but just think about this kind of stuff before making blanket generalized statements about Players of Wurm.

Edited by Kyrmius
  • Like 1

My personal Gripe with the dragons is the power that they give out to a limited few players.

Drake sets got for about 1g (if you're lucky) and i've seen scale sets sell for 200euros.

These are not numbers to be sniffed at, this is a lot of money...

Obviously, anyone can train up and lead an attack on a dragon, so it's fair in that fashion, but if you're not in on the first few days of the server

most of the dragons are already penned and a lot of players who pen dragons don't hold public attacks, The distribution is unfair and often very limiting.

We were lucky on Pristine that Blastspawn is a nice player and did his best to hand out the scale and drake leather fairly to all who attended.

My suggestion for Dragons is to make them impossible to pen, Either by having them smash walls (realistic, given their power over players)

or as has been suggested many times (And in the plumbing if i'm not mistaken) the ability to fly over objects, thus making penning them impossible.

Without penning dragons this TRUELY makes attacking them a FAIR deal as nobody can join the server in the first few days and hold a claim to a dragon for 6 months before finally slaying it and selling off the resulting drake armor for 100's (if not 1000's) of euros.

IT would make attacking the dragons open to anyone with enough skill and a few friends, with no server monopoly from week 1 on them.

This still leaves the problem of hyper-inflated prices for dragon items, but there's no way to control this (and tbh we don't really want to be placing limits on specific items, cause... where would we stop...)

Anyway, To sum up:

I'm not against the hunting of dragons or (really) the elitist segment of the society who want to kill them purely for profit/prestige.

But I AM against the ease of which a few prepared players can get a monopoly on a whole cluster's economy and that there's no way to break the monopoly once it's in place...

Edit: Tiny sidenote:

On the subject of Uniques in general, I do feel bad for new players who don't get to see those parts of the game, but ultimately as long as rolf keeps making new islands every year or so, They will all get to see them at least once if they really want to.

Edited by clint
  • Like 1

TLDR

Who cares if you didn't read?

Don't feel the need to inform us all of the fact that your time is SO valuable that you can't take 5 mins to read a post.

We all understand that you're clearly too busy solving the deep and winding problems of mankind to read anything.

From now on, I'll just assume you don't read anything and you won't even have to post "TLDR" so that it saves even MORE of your precious time...

Fight on, dear soldier of humanity.

[/sarcasm]

Edited by clint

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, July 5, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by Jberg, July 5, 2013 - trolling

Who cares if you didn't read?

Don't feel the need to inform us all of the fact that your time is SO valuable that you can't take 5 mins to read a post.

We all understand that you're clearly too busy solving the deep and winding problems of mankind to read anything.

From now on, I'll just assume you don't read anything and you won't even have to post "TLDR" so that it saves even MORE of your precious time...

Fight on, dear soldier of humanity.

[/sarcasm]

TLDR

I hate to derail this wonderful aside, but:

Does anyone have any actual solid information on dragons being able to fly or bash?
There's a lot of hype about it and dragon owners are busy pissing themselves at the thought of losing their precious prize.

But i'm unable to find any concrete evidence of it in the works.
Anyone else been able to find any Dev comments on the matter?

Edited by clint

ok so i know this is an old topic but this is the way i feel about it,

Dragons should be unkillable, they should be able to be hunted, dropped to 25% health then they "disappear" to hidning while they heal for a week or a month. When they are dropped to the 25% they should drop a random amount of scales and when it repops it should lay 6 eyes in random places on the server to spawn draken

• Like 2