Sign in to follow this  
Deth666

Gardening's Been Nerf'd

i use to be able to plant 18 in 20 (with a F2P at 20 skill) now i'm getting less then 50%

Plz un-nerf it

Edited by Deth666
  • Like 1

I could never plant that effectively at that skill. How big's your sample?

i use to be able to plant 18 in 20 (with a F2P at 20 skill) now i'm getting less then 50%

Plz un-nerf it

Same slope?

Indeed, I was never able to do 18 out of 20 at that skill.

Since the new server opened I started a new character with 1 gardening and tbh, the skill with replanting successful % is just fine.

the things you plant have same ql as before?

Same slope?

yes same area i've been planting(and just for reference flat tiles)

the things you plant have same ql as before?

yes bsb's flowers

i try'd to plant 40 tiles with around 80 flowers gave up at 10 tiles

Hiya.

I have 24 Gardening skill, and if im honest i dont see much of a problem with it, I fail 1 in 4 plants roughly....maybe you just got an unlucky run ?

Dakota of Kings Landing. Inde.

so you did 20actions? thats quite a small sample size to be drawing your conclusions from.  Do some real research and maybe i will believe you

You might want to imp your sickle so that you get higher quality flowers/sprouts. that will increase your success rate as well.

Certain things are tougher to plant than others.

Also I think gardening was made easy to raise just by cutting grass.

Edited by Protunia

You probably had your 'lucky run' (very) early in the morning (between roughly 3 am and 10 am)? I see large differences for myself, on my low-level alt on GV, depending on the time of day she does some things. And planting flowers may be the most clear of them all as to time really making a difference.

Still though, 18 out of 20 was a really exceptionaly lucky run imo; even in the early morning I rarely get above 13-15 (while planting at other times may get me at perhaps 4-5 out of 20, often...). Protip: there seem to be more failure-/success-chances dependent on time you do actions from what I am seeing, keep an eye out for them. These effects dont really stand out at higher levels, your large success-chances drown out the effect then - but at low-level, you seem to be able to make significant difference by doing some things within certain timeframes (repairing wooden fences for instance seems another one of those - late afternoon and early night for those from my experience at least).

So I doubt this part was nerfed (though its not impossible of course). What I *do* see nerfed (at low levels, not speaking about higher and high levels!) are the times things, especially daily chores, take. Planting, harvesting, sowing, farming, picking sprouts, cultivating, packing, etc etc all take seconds longer each (since a few months now) and all added up that really hurts a lot at low levels. Might be a good idea to undo some of that instead.

Edited by Kianga

so you did 20actions? thats quite a small sample size to be drawing your conclusions from.  Do some real research and maybe i will believe you

no i did 70 actions i gave up on the idea of planting 40 tiles when 10 where grass and i had 10 flowers left

and yes protunia cutting grass does raise gardening, as far as imping my sickle it's 22ql(ie can't without paying)

Edited by Deth666

was this on sloped tiles or flat ones??

I fail more on higher sloped tiles.

I haven't noticed anything really when planting to suggest any change has happened.

Edited by Protunia