Sign in to follow this  
Dakota

Kings Landing Progress.

Hi all,

My wife and I had been looking around for some time to find a place to live near the ocean, but it seemed everywhere was kind of full, until we stumbled upon a place untouched due to hundreds of marsh tiles being there, so we took up the challenge, and thought we would like to share our progress with you all :)

Really hope these pics work, never done this before !

This first picture is just after we found the place and dropped sand all around the marsh to stop it growing further...

iYuyYtT.jpg

This is how it looks at the moment, 517 Floorboards later, we have defeated the marsh !

cpkIrJ1.jpg

New update, long overdue :)

TgIiEDd.jpg

More Pics in the Spoiler.

More Pics from Kings Landing.

Looking out of the lake at the back of Kings Landing.
BgyDVt2.jpg

Looking at the ramp we created leading up to Kings Landing.
Vvwl2Zf.jpg

A look across the back of the deed.
M4xYsyz.jpg

Another part of the deed we flattened do far.
ZaP7v3M.jpg

Looking from the deed to the lake behind.
UFOCESU.jpg

Yet another flattened area of the deed.
gGPwu5u.jpg

Looking out to sea from the deed.
cHekOno.jpg

Looking down on part of the dock we raised from the sea.
70OeuEY.jpg

We will post more pictures as we progress further with the settlement.

See you all on Inde.

Dakota and Shaylie of Kings Landing. Inde.

Edited by Dakota
  • Like 10

517 floorboards?! That is loads!!! How did you manage it? xD

517 floorboards?! That is loads!!! How did you manage it? xD

We bought 100 from Schiann which she kindly delivered to us. 

Ladybird crafted us about 15 also which she also kindly delivered to us (These ones were free), She is very helpful :)

The other 402, my wife and I crafted them ourselves :)

Yes, it has taken a while, but now we can start to shape the land \o/

Wow! Dedication! someone has Mol rehan blood coursing through their veins!

most beautiful before and after i've ever seen :')

Bravo Guys. 

This is what Wurm is all about. Taking on a huge challenge and making it yours.  Anything you need. Just ask.

• Like 1

Thankyou all :)

Very nice of you to leave comments! We will post more pics as the settlement gets more work done. Might take some time though as only my wife and I working on it.

I bow to your dedication!

m(_ _)m

That is a really impressive effort there, looks like you're recycling the dirt to expand out into the water as well?

I bow to your dedication!

m(_ _)m

That is a really impressive effort there, looks like you're recycling the dirt to expand out into the water as well?

Hello Hussars :)

Thankyou for the kind words !

Yes we are using the dirt we dig to raise some land from the water :)

Awesome job! Keep us updated with pics :D

It's great that you got screenshots beforehand, so you can document all the work put in. Excellent example of taking a "not so perfect" spot and transforming it into what you want. Definitely keep us posted. :)

this is a very nice effort!

I assume it is deeded already? cause it would be D: if someone come and deed your work...

this is a very nice effort!

I assume it is deeded already? cause it would be D: if someone come and deed your work...

Hi Rose :)

Yes it is deeded, would not want to do the work and then lose the land ! hehe

Thankyou all :)

Very nice of you to leave comments! We will post more pics as the settlement gets more work done. Might take some time though as only my wife and I working on it.

I applaud you both for not only your vision of what the space could be, but your hard work and dedication to make it so.  

This is exactly what I love about Wurm.  You see what is there, you imagine what it could be and you use the skills and items available to you to make it so.

My husband and I are doing something similar, although not with marsh, with a mountain.  We started terraforming a piece of land near us against a mountain and found that under the dirt was the strangest shaped rock slopes we had ever seen.  We'd dig, hit rock.  Then dig again to find the other corner, only to find it was 80 dirt below the first.  Curious as to what the base of the mountain really looked like, we just kept digging and exposing all the rock we could.  I wish we had taken screenshots of the rock formation before we started surface mining it down.

We jokingly call our mountain 'Rolf's Mistake' and we're 'fixing' it to what we think it should have looked like!

Our conversations went something like this:

Me - how can this corner of the rock be 80 dirt lower than this one?

Trystant - just keep clearing, then do the next tile.

Me - I hit rock here already, look at this spike.

Me - I can't even stand on this one.

Me - I have never seen such jagged rock formations before.  I think I know what happened.  Rolf created the rock, said oooops! and then covered it with dirt.

Trystant - don't worry, we'll fix 'Rolf's Mistake', now surface mine this corner to flat, then do the next tile.

It's been almost a year now and we're still fixing 'Rolf's Mistake' and loving it.

Enjoy every minute of your project and take pride in your creation!  Together, we will beautify Wurm, one tile at a time.

I applaud you both for not only your vision of what the space could be, but your hard work and dedication to make it so.  

This is exactly what I love about Wurm.  You see what is there, you imagine what it could be and you use the skills and items available to you to make it so.

My husband and I are doing something similar, although not with marsh, with a mountain.  We started terraforming a piece of land near us against a mountain and found that under the dirt was the strangest shaped rock slopes we had ever seen.  We'd dig, hit rock.  Then dig again to find the other corner, only to find it was 80 dirt below the first.  Curious as to what the base of the mountain really looked like, we just kept digging and exposing all the rock we could.  I wish we had taken screenshots of the rock formation before we started surface mining it down.

We jokingly call our mountain 'Rolf's Mistake' and we're 'fixing' it to what we think it should have looked like!

Our conversations went something like this:

Me - how can this corner of the rock be 80 dirt lower than this one?

Me - I hit rock here already, look at this spike.

Me - I can't even stand on this one.

Me - I have never seen such jagged rock formations before.  I think I know what happened.  Rolf created the rock, said oooops! and then covered it with dirt.

Trystant - don't worry, we'll fix 'Rolf's Mistake', now surface mine this corner to flat, then do the next tile.

It's been almost a year now and we're still fixing 'Rolf's Mistake' and loving it.

Enjoy every minute of your project and take pride in your creation!  Together, we will beautify Wurm, one tile at a time.

Thanks Alectrys :)

Your project also sounds like a lot of fun to us ! Good luck with it !

Hello everyone :)

We just put another updated picture up of Kings Landing, long overdue really :)

We have many more very nice pictures showing the work we have done on deed itself, thats what we have mainly been concentrating on.

But can anyone please tell us how we can post these pictures in the spoiler type thing ? So that we dont have 10 Pictures all loading up as soon as you open this post lol

Thanks in advance !

Nice work, Keep it up  ;)

Edited by Davion

For spoilers, you can click on Reply to this Topic in order to get the full editor.

On the top line, the 3rd icon from the left should say Special BBCode.  If you click on that, you will get a dropdown menu which includes Spoiler.

If you click on spoiler, you will get a popup box in which you can put in the items you want to include in your spoiler.

I typed this inside the Special BBCode popup box with spoiler selected from the menu.  The next spoiler shows you can copy your image url into the spoiler popup box as well.

lyaf1MY.jpg

Alectrys

For spoilers, you can click on Reply to this Topic in order to get the full editor.

On the top line, the 3rd icon from the left should say Special BBCode.  If you click on that, you will get a dropdown menu which includes Spoiler.

If you click on spoiler, you will get a popup box in which you can put in the items you want to include in your spoiler.

I typed this inside the Special BBCode popup box with spoiler selected from the menu.  The next spoiler shows you can copy your image url into the spoiler popup box as well.

lyaf1MY.jpg

Alectrys

Thankyou very much Alectrys :)

We will get some more pictures up asap now !

Heya folks :)

Ok we sorted out some more pictures, there is the 3rd look from the original camera spot and also several new on deed pictures in the spoiler.

Hope you enjoy.

• Like 1

Great stuff guys!

One of our deeds is only 10 mins ride, perhaps ill pass by sometime and have a look sometime.

Oh i rode around there on one of my hunting trips. Nice work so far :) keep the pics flowing, nice to see the progress :)