Sign in to follow this  
kernelleonessar

Crashing After Mac Updates

Game started to crash after Mac updates... I am not for sure what these updates are but as soon as I log in now game freezes when I go to move and then computer crashes... I am running Ubuntu 13.04 never had a problem with game under Ubuntu before and have and currently used it with several different ATI and Nvida graphics cards... Since Mac Updates I have been having this problem. I hope we did not Sacrifice are Linux user base for a Mac user Base.... 

Can any one tell me what these MAC graphics updates are and if their is way to disable or change back certain settings so I can get my client running again?

To add I have turned down most general graphics setting as recommended from allot of people from the spider talk and still have this issue... 

Edited by kernelleonessar

Any news on this? I'm curious as to why a simple Mac support update would completely crash an OS when it was fine before the update.

I would post a log of some sort if one was generated or available for me to post, but I never get a log.. Either A: the client is storing it some where weired in my OS (that I nor the search option can find) Or B: It is failing to generate a log or crash report due to after the game freezes my operating system crashes and machine does a reboot so....

Any additional information on this could be helpful, if you have any recommendations available. All I can tell you is all of this started to happen when the MAC updates where released.

I can post over my system information:

Ubuntu 13.04 X64

AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor

Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600

CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 600W ATX12V Power supply

Current runing graphics card: (but tested it with others with same crashing results)

ASUS Radeon HD 6670 2GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16

Please post your crashlogos

os

I would also like to add I have tried several different driver types from Ubuntu supported to proprietary driver types for all the graphics cards I have tested so far and still get the same results... I have also tried many different graphics and games setting combinations and still get the same results... Then finally last but not least I have tried 32 and 64 bit versions of Java and still get the same results...

I hope this helps I just like to do my part to see the game works for every one no matter what os they maybe running the client on.     :)))

If you don't get a crash pop-up, it's a java crash, and there shuold be a HS_ERR_PID file. Usually on the desktop, or in Java\Jre7\bin folder

I get nothing the game locks up then whiten seconds my machine locks up then the next thing I know it is auto rebooting... I never seen anything do that to Linux (Ubuntu) before lol...

And yeah I ran several searches on the entire drive and their is no log file under that name or with the .log or any file similar to that... I really do not think it has time to write the log file before the os crashes...

Please advise?

PS I have no other issues with any other Java programs, web pages, or  Java coded games... Only happens with Wurm since MAC update... I have tired booth (actual) sun java and java Iced tea and get the same results with booth...

Thanks

If you don't get a crash pop-up, it's a java crash, and there shuold be a HS_ERR_PID file. Usually on the desktop, or in Java\Jre7\bin folder

Edited by kernelleonessar

Same thing happening to me for almost a month now since the MacOS update. So pissed. I just lock up completely and have to reboot or ctrlaltdel the java. happens about 20 times in 8 hours. and more if I am on a cart or horse. 

No crash logs or Java logs. 

• Like 1