Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Thunder Storm Effects

15 members have voted

1. 1. Thunder storm effects

• Yes
    • No
    • Could use a bit of changing

How about seeing as we have lightning strikes, Why not have some kind of an impact effect?

How about a 4x4 area from the impact tile the lightning hit.

x x x x x x x x x

x x x x x x x x x

x x x x x x x x x

x x x x x x x x x 

x x x x H x x x x

x x x x x x x x x

x x x x x x x x x

x x x x x x x x x

x x x x x x x x x 

Effects: On and off deed

Cuts down trees 10QL

Pack farm tiles

Pack grass and steppe stiles

Players take 15 shock damage(Wont get worse untreated but wont heal on its own as well)

~Maybe damage player made items and structure's within the area by 2 points?

~Maybe damage critters as well - but could lead to finding slightly hurt things to kill(small chance)

Server wide effect:

Can cause wind to change a few times - Lets say 20% chance every 15-30 minutes?

Thoughts? changes?

Up for debate:

Impact area

Structures and items taking damage

Edited by Ronnie

Always been a fan of more interesting weather.

+1 for me.

-1, the day I lose an item because thunder struck or I die because im low HP in the middle of a forest and a thunder suddently hits me I will seriously make a mess of this forum

-1   lots of other things I'd rather see than large area's getting permanent effects for lighting.

Plus as soon as it started happening people would want less lightning and I like the fact you can see lightning more now.

I'd love to see some more environmental effects like this. Seems a bit over-pronounced though, maybe a light-medium burn wound in a 3x3 radius to creatures, with any tree or bush occupying the single struck tile being cut down... No need for item or structure damage.

-1   lots of other things I'd rather see than large area's getting permanent effects for lighting.

Plus as soon as it started happening people would want less lightning and I like the fact you can see lightning more now.

Packed tiles off deed turn back to dirt, then grass after about a week. And seeing as the servers are 2000 x 2000 it wouldnt be that big of an effect on any small area

-1, the day I lose an item because thunder struck or I die because im low HP in the middle of a forest and a thunder suddently hits me I will seriously make a mess of this forum

Your items would only be destroyed by lightning if they already had 98dmg at that point seems you couldnt care less for it anyways. And you can always carry cotton with you to heal yourself. And you rarely see lightning hit the ground.

+1, but let's start slow, say it packs dirt or fells a tree only on one tile (the struck one).

Packed tiles off deed turn back to dirt, then grass after about a week. And seeing as the servers are 2000 x 2000 it wouldnt be that big of an effect on any small area

Your items would only be destroyed by lightning if they already had 98dmg at that point seems you couldnt care less for it anyways. And you can always carry cotton with you to heal yourself. And you rarely see lightning hit the ground.

i dont want my 90ql house walls or forge to get 2 damage, nor any of my tools that might be dropped in the area, and my magic chests.

Edited by whykillme