Sign in to follow this  
Tekari

New Hell Lair And Terrain Type

Hello fellow Wurmians,

when seeing the new hell hounds and horses today I asked myself where those creatures actually come from.

That gave me the idea of a new lair type and terrain.

So here's the idea:

- New Lair type; named f.e. "Hell Rift", "Gate to Hell", etc.

- New terrain surrounding the lairs; "burned ground" or something

- the new tiles can be foraged/botanized for ash, coal, etc.

- the terrain could expand over time up to a maximum size of maybe 20 to 30 tiles from the lair with a speed of 1 tiles per day (20-30 tiles from lair -> 20-30 days to maximum size)

- structures adjacent to the "burned ground" are damaged

- (optional) the expansion of the terrain can be stopped by either dirt tiles, the area of influence of one of the "good" gods or by placing blessed statuettes/flags (5-tile radius)

- once the Lair gets destroyed over time or by force there's a chance to aggravate a devil / hell fiend / some-other-champ-like-creature

- the burned terrain will turn back to grass / steppe / whatever terrain is surrounding it, once the lair is destroyed.

Cool idea, but I hate any terrain type that encroaches onto other tiles other than grass.  

elevation could use some rifts where a gazillion of a random type of animal(preferably a scary type) start to pour out.

Volcanic islands would be a great place to spawn he'll type creatures throw in a few lava fiends, make all the grassy areas barren and the trees burnt. It would look awesome.

-1 to ash/coal being easy to get and some weird destruction expanding area.  fix coal piles first!

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 1

+1 to most of the idea, BUT the coal/ash.

Otherwise, Im starting from now the Yearly Steel Fest <.< ...

I guess I never saw coal or ash as a problem to get since my girlfriend is constantly building coalpiles after grinding woodcutting.

So how about only a chance to get 1 coal and/or ash with a capped QL of 20 or 30?

I didn't meant for it to be a new supply route for the stuff but a logical step towards immersion of the idea.