Sign in to follow this  
Joanavon

Interesting Server Numbers

I happened to notice the server player count and saw some interesting things about it at that moment as well as the longer term trends and insights.. 

Last updated May 14, 2013
Status Up and running Uptime 11 days, 17 hours and 43 minutes
Wurm Time It is 17:39:48 on Wrath day in week 4 of the starfall of Dancers in the year of 1031.

Elevation players 23/400
Deliverance players 59/800
Pristine players 0/0
Independence players 87/800
Exodus players 49/800
Celebration players 38/400
Serenity players 63/400
Desertion players 32/400
Golden Valley players 4/400
Release players 71/1000
Chaos players 42/800
Affliction players 16/400

1. Affliction finally found a  non-tutorial server with less people on it then they do. To bad it's offline. (Pristine 0/0)

2. Elevation to it's credit has managed to not be the most unpopular server in the Epic cluster or the Game. While certainly not a bastion of people numbers the number and severity the obstacles to population growth are especially strong there  and harder to resist.

3. The Two most popular Epic Islands, Serenity (JKH) first and/or Desertion (MRH) regularly put up numbers exceeding the the lower tier Freedom islands such has Deliverance  Celebration, and often Exodus. While both of the leading Epic serves have sustained a relitively significant loss in playership Serenity appears to perhaps be at it's lul and returning to growth.

4. The two isolated Islands. Release and Pristine (still say those names are just as bad as Desertion and Affliction) have delivered long term sustained interest and player counts even though it remains quarantined.

Thank you,

All Eyes on Us...

11afrck.gif

Edited by Joanavon

INDE: http://freedom001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/paying.html

DELI: http://freedom002.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/paying.html

EXO: http://freedom003.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/paying.html

CELE: http://freedom004.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/paying.html

PRIS:http://freedom002.game.wurmonline.com:8081/mrtg/paying.html

REL: http://freedom002.game.wurmonline.com:8082/mrtg/paying.html

EPIC:

http://freedom002.game.wurmonline.com:8080/mrtg/paying.html

http://freedom001.game.wurmonline.com:8080/mrtg/paying.html

http://freedom003.game.wurmonline.com:8080/mrtg/paying.html

http://wild001.game.wurmonline.com:8080/mrtg/paying.html

The amount of online players doesnt mean you actually have more premium players on epic. (If those graphs are correct) I don't know how graphs are affected when people sail over, but it still looks like those "deli/cele" servers have a bigger premium count then your mentioned Epic server. 

I did not mention the numbers of premium players or the percentage of premium players on either Epic or anywhere else. 

Thank you,

All Eyes on Us...

11afrck.gif

Edited by Joanavon

People won't play on elevation because there's more benefits on a home server for the average joe.

Those that are on elevation get bored when there's no pvp and log off and play other games until something is happening which causes more people to get bored and play something else.

• Like 3

Those numbers were probably picked at a rather odd time, Im on deliverance, and there is never less than 80 players during the day.   A regular day usually fluctuates between 80-120.

What kind of a douche actually signs their posts.

• Like 7

And the stats is bugged, so maybe you took your stats when the other servers couldn't login anymore and elevation was still able to, so the current stats are unfair and they should be looked at again when the forum playercount thingy actually works again. (its been the same amount of players all morning).

Douche: a word to describe an individual who has shown themself to be very brainless in one way or another, thus comparing them to the cleansing product for ######s.

An appropriate comment to make about another person on the Wurm forums? Would you using this word and applying it to that person not be more of a reflection of your character than theirs? Even as the term is defined above, I see no indication that the one to which you refer fits this definition.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

Those numbers were probably picked at a rather odd time, Im on deliverance, and there is never less than 80 players during the day.   A regular day usually fluctuates between 80-120.

They were lower than that  affliction only had like 11 at one point and golden valley had 7 :P

Pristine usually has about 60-70 at slow times.

I think Serenity has most gm,cms, cas, etc...people than the other Epic servers.

right now.

Elevation players 28/400

Deliverance players 73/800

Pristine players 61/1000

Independence players 118/800

Exodus players 71/800

Celebration players 52/400

Serenity players 57/400

Desertion players 33/400

Golden Valley players 3/400

Release players 58/1000

Chaos players 48/800

Affliction players 12/400

Edited by Protunia

Good post, but old news. Players wants PVE, rolf wants PVP.

• Like 1

The amount of online players doesnt mean you actually have more premium players on epic. (If those graphs are correct) I don't know how graphs are affected when people sail over, but it still looks like those "deli/cele" servers have a bigger premium count then your mentioned Epic server.

In the online players graph you can see peaks of events like RoS, but in the prem graph the peak is smaller because the "extra" players are a small part of prems in the visited server.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by KaiH, May 15, 2013 - inaproppriate
Hidden by KaiH, May 15, 2013 - inaproppriate

Who gives a ###### about server numbers? Just shut the ###### up and play the game and quit trying to analyze every little thing. Holy ###### man, this community is chock full of giant ######s.

• Like 2

Douche: a word to describe an individual who has shown themself to be very brainless in one way or another, thus comparing them to the cleansing product for ######s.

An appropriate comment to make about another person on the Wurm forums? Would you using this word and applying it to that person not be more of a reflection of your character than theirs? Even as the term is defined above, I see no indication that the one to which you refer fits this definition.

=Ayes=

It takes one to know one you know.

=Ayes=

I know! I know!

They are making sure we are not failing to realize who did the post. I mean, if it ONLY is relying on the forums backend database, thats just ONE place. Got to be TWO places, like... holy crop! The signature in the post would be there too! Everyone get to the lifeboat, we're doomed!

It takes one to know one you know.

So your point here would be that since the person making the insult is what they are labeling the other as, then they are accurrate in applying that insult to that person? By this "logic" then, anyone could make any derogatory and insulting remark that they wished about anyone else and it would be accurate simply because they stated it. Though if this irrational justification for making insults using crude terms was the case, that would open the pandoras box of an unrestrained degredation of further comments upon the subject within these forums due to the first one who applied these labels to another would be the one who spoke with the authority of condemnation of their character.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

No, i think he just want to tickle your ego so people can enjoy more of your verbal diarrhea. Or i suspect more "This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Ayes. View it anyway?" messages in-between more concise and to the point posts.

• Like 1

So your point here would be that since the person making the insult is what they are labeling the other as, then they are accurrate in applying that insult to that person? By this "logic" then, anyone could make any derogatory and insulting remark that they wished about anyone else and it would be accurate simply because they stated it. Though if this irrational justification for making insults using crude terms was the case, that would open the pandoras box of an unrestrained degredation of further comments upon the subject within these forums due to the first one who applied these labels to another would be the one who spoke with the authority of condemnation of their character.

=Ayes=

All you had to do was say "I don't understand what that saying means"

It would have been much less typing.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

And the stats is bugged, so maybe you took your stats when the other servers couldn't login anymore and elevation was still able to, so the current stats are unfair and they should be looked at again when the forum playercount thingy actually works again. (its been the same amount of players all morning).

After the first time you visit the forum page, you have to refresh the screen for it to update the players stats.  Otherwise you see the same numbers all day.

If you want to see all the servers at once, go to http://gotti.dnsalias.org/wurm/stats-day.php and you get them all.  Double-click on any graph and you get exact numbers for that server.

Edited by Vroomfondel

All you had to do was say "I don't understand what that saying means"

It would have been much less typing.

I have to say nothing actually; however, beyond that I don't accept any instuctions from you as to how to construct my posts. As for not understanding the implications of the referenced statement, if you have come to the conclusion (questionable) that it is I who is the one lacking in understanding, this indicates to me that your depth of perception concerning the previous response of yours that I had referenced is as deep as a raindrop once it shatters upon the ground.

This really is no surprise to me, since during your brief interludes of divergence nothing of import has been presented but rather the off side remarks typical of the young as they respond in their cajoling manner while learning how social interactions function amongst their peers. Although it is indeed true that as a number of these young age physically they remain mentally and socially in this regressed state; therefore, although I do not know your age, I can surely see expressed your lack of maturity.

Beyond this, I realize that my words here will have little effect upon turning your lack of respect of others who express opinions contrary to your own into something that resembles common decency. What remains is to serve back to you a portion of what you dish out to others in such a callous fashion and if your poor shriveled reasoning can not grasp the concepts presented, it in the end matters not to me one way or the other, since from the excercise of composing my thoughts in response, the ball bounces off the wall just the same.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

This summer Rolf is merging Freedom and Epic with full PVP on all servers

• Like 2

This summer Rolf is merging Freedom and Epic with full PVP on all servers

Hide yo horses, Hide yo tokens.

• Like 1