Sign in to follow this  
Lolabelle

Mailing To Misnamed Players

I really wish that you would get a message stating that a player you are trying to mail to does not exist is you misspell the name.  I know you can retrieve items if not picked up in a certain time frame on your own server, but i think you just lose it if on a different one.   The mail systems needs a little tweaking.

• Like 1

Not sure what you mean:

[21:06:52] Unknown recipient 'Rudolpthereindeer'.

I think there is a system in place for this.

[14:08:01] Unknown recipient 'Lolabellee'.

The only thing that could be wrong, if they did not get the mail, is that they changed servers after you sent the item. The item will go to the server they were on when you sent it so if say i was on Exodus and you mailed an item to me but i changed servers it will still go to exodus and not the new server i sailed to.  Now if i go back to Exodus before the 14 days it will still be there but if i don't then you will lose the item if it was cross server for you.  That said yes the mail system needs a rework for sure.

• Like 1

thank you guys for posting. Sorry i did not know.

Close please

keganpunctuationandstuffpleaseohwowthatwascrazy

keganpunctuationandstuffpleaseohwowthatwascrazy

hey everyone has their thing and punctuation, grammar and spelling is not mine. I had trouble in school and just never got it and dropped out at 16 so i guess you will either have to deal with it or ignore my posts. I am too old now to care anymore i think i might be dyslexic not sure but anyway there we go now you know. 

Edited by Kegan

The thing I hate is that if you COD something to someone and they dont accept it and it is returned, you have to pay the COD price to get it back. So if I sell an item for 1s and COD it to someone and they dont get it, not only do I lose the 1s from the sale but I also have to pay 1s to get it back, which makes no sense

The thing I hate is that if you COD something to someone and they dont accept it and it is returned, you have to pay the COD price to get it back. So if I sell an item for 1s and COD it to someone and they dont get it, not only do I lose the 1s from the sale but I also have to pay 1s to get it back, which makes no sense

Do you get paid like you would have if the other person paid if you buy it back?

A tweak or two to the system could simply be that if you COD an item to someone, and they choice to not receive it, then it is sent back to you. Can someone enlighten me as to why it is set to lose the item on non receive?

Also, if the item returns to you, you should not be required to pay the funds that you set it to be received at. Maybe the mailing fee, but not the cost you had set.

No, Roan, you come out with a net loss of whatever you charged in the COD

Good luck getting some items back... the spirits can be mischievous and easily bored.