Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Afterlife Skill

A reason to bury bodys and something that makes death a little gentler the more you die.

The afterlife skill gains points when you die (bigger increase) and when you bury a body (smaller increase).

The afterlife skill reduces the amount of experience lost through death by (skill level / 4)%.

The afterlife skill does not decrease on death.

Erm...  That's it.

• Like 1

Interesting idea.  I like it, but not sure what it would actually do.

Might have some sweet titles though.  =)

I agree about burying part, but I say "no" to skill increase in case of death. +1 anyway. ;)

The afterlife skill gains points when you die (bigger increase) and when you bury a body (smaller increase).

The afterlife skill does not decrease on death.

Etherdrifter,

-1 under this form

As a general concept is not bad at all, but it will become the norm that every new player (who's serious about staying) or alt will just /suicide during her first few days just to grind this skill for later.

So, from my point of view, either put a "cooldown" on skill increase on death (like only once per day) or just remove the increase via death.

Cheers,

Alex

Cooldown like meditation system would do it ?

With this, might be a interesting concept.

-1, meditate in a path of knowledge to prevent skill loss.

what the OP is saying a way to lower skill loss as you level up a skill from burying bodies to a max of 25%

what the OP is saying a way to lower skill loss as you level up a skill from burying bodies to a max of 25%

Yes I understand. But this is like giving the ability to enchant grass every 4 days if you have good Gardening.

Etherdrifter,

-1 under this form

As a general concept is not bad at all, but it will become the norm that every new player (who's serious about staying) or alt will just /suicide during her first few days just to grind this skill for later.

So, from my point of view, either put a "cooldown" on skill increase on death (like only once per day) or just remove the increase via death.

Cheers,

Alex

An easy fix here is to make it count only when you die in battle, suicide would not increase afterlife skill.

And where is it wriiten that meditation must be the ONLY way to prevent skill loss?  Let folks have some choices.

Yes I understand. But this is like giving the ability to enchant grass every 4 days if you have good Gardening.

But hey.. love path has a thing where we dont get aggroed, just like a Fo priest, we didnt hear any crying there :) just saying