Sign in to follow this  
Nadroj

Hate Path Tiles

I've been putting off posting this for a couple months now in the hope that i'm just unlucky so someone doesn't tell me i'm being stupid but well....

Basically i havn't personally seen a single "new" hate tile spawn on chaos for about 2+ years, since Rolf supposedly changed them to not spawn on mycelium anymore and spawn near thorns instead so freedomers could get the hate path. 

Since that time i have spent countless hours trying to meditate on both mycelium and on thorns and on combinations of the two in locations all around the Chaos map and i have never once found a new hate tile. I've had to always level myself up using tiles that have existed for years and every time i go to level up i have to travel a huge distance and pray to magranon that the tile hasn't died on me.

So i ask....is there a bug to do with Hate Path tiles spawning? I decided to post this up today after several others in my kingdom were chatting about being unable to find a hate tile anywhere.

• Like 1

(they do not) spawn on mycelium anymore and spawn near thorns

Is it confirmed? Does it work on epic?

Edited by Arkhir

since Rolf supposedly changed them to not spawn on mycelium anymore and spawn near thorns instead so freedomers could get the hate path.

Are you sure? Or is it a "Kchat told me" thing?

Edited by Serpentarius

hate tiles seems to spawn on epic often, it must be just related to chaos only.

Whether or not i'm sure doesn't matter considering i've tried searching all possible tiles for the last 2 years and never found a new tile...

I assume they spawn only on mycelium on epic? I've never seen any evidence for the thorns theory. Either way the tiles seem to be impossible to find anywhere on chaos =/

we created one on epic right next to a JK deed by merely thorns, flat ground, a lib altar, and mycelium cast 

Tried that on chaos too, some friends have been trying to create one at their deed for some time and it just hasn't worked.

No, haven't heard of any new ones on Epic even; however, not a path I use, so haven't paid much attention.

EDIT: And also...

QM1gP5l.gif

Edited by Klaa

Is there anyone who can confirm if this is bugged or not? o.o

tumbleweed.gif Herro? Tumbleweed just keeps rolling by on this one...anybody?

Im sorry nadroj, ingame content is less important then new stuff such as pot plants etc.

• Like 1

Bump.

This seems rather important and its very worrisome this hasn't been addressed : \

are the tiles youve been trying a 3x3 of thorns in mag/lib influence?

thats how i made one, and that was.....uh 4-6 months ago

still works today i believe

Edited by Loyals

I have made a hate tile farm, hopefully its going to give me a crop soon.

As soon as I gets my internets back I'll be able to log on and check :huh:

Finding it impossible to do on epic, if it works post conditions please

still trying

EDIT: well fix some things many agree that my hate tile (that disappeared) was too far from coast but u could see it ontop of my house(mountain side). I know that tile was terraformed so was made after Blackstone was created(within a year prob been only 5 months) . they say you needed a 3x3 flat area but mine was inside a house with the 3x3 "area"(tile being in the center) 3 tiles were slanted by atleast 40 slope. (it was a longhouse)\

EDIT:also there was thorn bushes on the slanted side but u couldn't reach them due to a wall and at the time i BELIVE there was no lib influence.

Edited by shankiest

not seen a new one for a long time on epic, last i heard it had to be

Flat 3x3/lib influence/surrounded by thorns/on mycelium

Someone mentioned it had to be near water but since i have seen hate tiles mostly away from water i doubt this is the case.

I created two recently, so I would claim this is not bugged merely hard to do. It requires a very weird layout and features. If a gm cares to see to close the thread I can show you in game on epic.

As for chaos I imagine its plausible just difficult and lucky. You need certain variables but even having them all won't work sometimes.

Edited by Postes

I've heard so many different ideas, 3x3 flat, 3x3 thorns, 3x3 thorns in a circle only, 3x3 with slopes around, no thorns, on a tree, on anything, near water, not near water, in lib influence, not in lib influence.  But I have heard from two people that have apparently had it on any myc tile, so I do imagine most of this is speculative nonsense and have theorized it's just like insanity tiles where it's any myc tile, just a lot harder to find.

I've spent maybe 15-20 hours total with someone trying to make one, it's dumb.  Can't even get myc tiles to even stay, have had them disappear in 5 minutes even, while in lib influence, and no kingdom to interfere.

I made one on Affliction about a year ago. Was in lib influence and on a raised tile about 15 tiles from water. The left and right adjacent tiles were also raised flat, but the front and back 3 were sloped down with thorns and mycelium. The middle flat row was paved stone slab. Was my first try making a hate tile and it worked like a charm.

...It later broke randomly and hasn't worked in months. All the tiles are still exactly as I made them.