Sign in to follow this  
HughMongus

Suggestion: How To Change Ownership Of An Abandoned Boat

A Suggestion if I may please Rolf?

Back ground info:  With only two exceptions, all of the boats my wife and I have salvaged were built by people who have quit Wurm and are no longer active.  In those two exceptions, the owners assigned over to us the owner ship of the salvaged boat.

With the shutting down of the old Salvage Rules, there is now no mechanism for someone who Salvages an unlocked and unmoored abandoned boat to assume ownership and use of the management rights controls.

So Can a mechanism be put in place to enable people to assume management rights of an abandoned boat?

May I offer A Potential Solution....  an improvement....

Attaching a Boat Lock would activate Management rights and make the lock attacher the Owner.

Removing a Boat Lock would deactivate Management rights and change the owners name to "Abandoned", signaling it is not under ownership.

So if someone wishes to abandon their boat for what ever reason (quitting, have a bigger boat now) they can "give it away" by merely Unlocking it, removing the Anchor and walking away.

Thus IF Someone who finds it wants that boat, attaching a Lock would activate Management rights and put their name on it as Owner.

This would free the GM's from a lot of the ownership transfers they currently have to do.

Wurm is littered with abandoned boats.  Boats which required a large amount of materials and time to build.

Those of us who do salvaging, we take these derelicts and return them to good use, whether by personal use or by reselling them to a person who wants a boat.

We salvagers in effect "clean up" wurm and make it more beautiful and enjoyable.

Could some consideration please be given to this idea.  Thank you for your time and trouble.

Humbley and respectfully submitted,

Hughmongus, Mayor of Albia Marina,

on the FM West Hwy, at the foot of the ramp road.

Just spotted the removal of the rules.

So now if you did want to take a boat that was left unsecured on your deed, you would be knackered if you sailed it somewhere and it became stuck on someones deed. I have sailed an alt's boat somewhere before and been unable to move it later.

It's obvious that the GM's don't want to have to deal with boat salvage but this system whilst it may help a bit, won't solve the problem.

decay 3x faster if the owner hasnt logged in for 2months.

and in 3-4months it disables other people than the owner from repairing it.

less ships around, more to make.

Edited by silakka
  • Like 2

-1  OP

+1 Faster decay on ships the owner hasnt been online for 2months

Edited by Ronnie

-1 op. +1 Silakka. :D