Sign in to follow this  
Sir Arowhun

Doors With Seperate Permissions

I am going to suggest this idea again. I think Rolf should make it possible to set separate permissions on different doors. The writ owner should be the only one who can decide who can enter. This would make it possible for people to build many different structures like apartments, storefronts with a backroom, etc.

EDIT: 1k posts :D

Edited by Sir Arowhun
  • Like 5

Yeah, you should be able to do that with right-click menu as well as unlocking the doors.

I agree. I think the introduction of interior walls/doors has made permission management down to room-level necessary.

i agree with this one with inner door would be great to be able to put a lock on then, so many people can live under the same roof and still have there property 100% protected.

This could be done with a sub-menu on house writs akin to the "gate settings" on Deed Writs, but maybe with the option of adding exceptions per guest.

IE:

Door 1 : <RoomName>

Open: 0-0

Exceptions: Reaverkane 0-23

EliasTheCrimson 5-11

This would mean that usually the room is locked (even for guests) except for Reaverkane and Elias, at the marked hours, and of course, the writ holder.

• Like 1

I think so, Rocky has a weird way of writing english... A bit more in-depth though, with the exceptions (allowing for control of access to individuals).

I personally don't like the idea of enforcing house access with keys,because either key would overrule writ, or writ overrule key, which would mean one of two outcomes: either you'd still have to grant individual access through the writ, regardless of who has key (which would render the key useless), or if someone drops or sells the key, they get instant access to your house, whether you like it or not (which is bad).

Also using keys people might go against the owner's wishes: someone who has a key to access a part of a house, can allow someone who has only limited access to enter the rest of it (either unlocking, if possible, or trading the key or a copy).

Edited by ReaverKane
  • Like 1

Just wanted to say good job on the 1k posts SirArowhun as I just noticed the edit when I was scrolling through.

+1 great idea.

Has many great functions and with the multi-story, perfect for true long-stay hotel ideas!