Sign in to follow this  
Elen

Remove Silver ~ Add Player Made Currency.

It would be a nice idea, if this wasn't a game ;) Or if there were only long-term players... This could then evolve into just a few established, trusted currencies of noble deeds ;)

But, players come and go, and before they find out what is going on, they would be scammed and ragequit not even knowing what hit'em...

1- Mayors coining gold is just dumb.. Really, its DUMB!

2- No in-game premium payments will kick a lot of people who don't use credit cards or pay-pal.

I don't get how can anyone thing this would improve the game...

-1 Current system is great, go get some brain. :D no offense. Just stop posting uselss threads to change current game

i did not read it all but what i did was bad and stopped -1 

This would work maybe if gold was a lot rarer so it had value. I still think there should be a way for an f2p player to earn his or her way to prem.

-1 Current system is great, go get some brain. :D no offense. Just stop posting uselss threads to change current game

lol

Current system is crap, just noone has suggested an idea that is better than current for most people.  Current system is based upon new money coming in to offset some of the costs of the long term players.  Short term, Wurm is in good shape due to the pay-aheads done.  Long term though, the current system will have problems I think.

lol

Current system is crap, just noone has suggested an idea that is better than current for most people.  Current system is based upon new money coming in to offset some of the costs of the long term players.  Short term, Wurm is in good shape due to the pay-aheads done.  Long term though, the current system will have problems I think.

The OP suggestion isn't that great (money creation managed by players never goes well), but the current system in which the wurm currency undergoes deflation is crap.

Since I paid cash in to buy my coin, deeds, traders etc initially, I'll take a cash out for every coin I currently own and the value of my deeds and other things bought with current Wurm silver ( I'll take Euros, but prefer USD ), then and only then I'll convert to Monopoly money.

Had more time than I thought today. Responding to a few more.

wouldn't work unless we could jail fraudsters.

Fraud isn't possible due to the worth aspect of the currency.

I'd rather hear specifics on what you dislike so much about the current system and come up with ways to make that better... not start from scratch. rolf has personally made about 500 dollars from me... and i use traders as well... i spend a lot of time "grinding" just to make stuff to sell i probably spend close to a quarter of my time doing that. my upkeep... for all characters and deeds is close to 85silver upkeep per month... so all that time i spend just making items to "abuse" traders as you say goes right back into the economy. Extra goes to the less fortunate new players that want to grind a skill for some silver. it seems the current system covers the intended points of an economy gives people goals. I don't think anything is running rampant. prices are staying generally the same after 9 years ;p like wow... any other game... wow... diablo... UO... etc prices get inflated really badly... whatever rolf has done appears to be genius to me. =] why break the system? :P

I think the current system is decent, but that this one would be better. I know you have a trader, I have one too. I also didn't ever use the term abuse and in other threads you will note I support traders given the current situation.

2- No in-game premium payments will kick a lot of people who don't use credit cards or pay-pal.

5.) New cash shop item: Premium token. Gives one month of premium. Can be sold and put on merchants.

That is your ingame premium right there.

go get some brain.

./facepalm

This would work maybe if gold was a lot rarer so it had value. I still think there should be a way for an f2p player to earn his or her way to prem.

It's not the gold that would have the value, the minted coins attachment of worth is the value.

5.) New cash shop item: Premium token. Gives one month of premium. Can be sold and put on merchants.

It's in there.

A lot of people seem to be missing #5 ~ at least read it if your going to comment beyond the + or -

Edited by Elen

I think to do something like this there should be a set amount of gold allowed in game. When some gold decays, it becomes available again through mining. This way, the supply of gold is always the same so it always has the same value. If there are more players the amount should go up.

It's in there.

Letting players control how much you can buy premium for in-game? This is the most obvious problem that springs to mind. Everyone else seems to be covering the other objections well enough so just a general -1 from me. Currency created in game -> gold farmers. We don't need that.

• Like 1

Letting players control how much you can buy premium for in-game? This is the most obvious problem that springs to mind. Everyone else seems to be covering the other objections well enough so just a general -1 from me. Currency created in game -> gold farmers. We don't need that.

People sell in game money for real world money already, and its not much of an issue.

People sell in game money for real world money already, and its not much of an issue.

Pretty different from players deciding how much the premium fee is worth. Also pretty different from having 1 guy (or a chinese corp) mine the crap out of several gold veins, and become the "national Mint", and coin way more gold than anyone else.

I know a place (now settlebed by kajmir) which had over 20 gold veins (including at least 3 utmost), basically he would be coining gold for everyone in a couple of servers, while people in areas without gold veins would be subject to the price chosen by those coining it.

Which is very different from people re-selling something that already provided income for Rolf, and is capped by how much Rolf asks for it (no one in their right mind would buy Gold from players at a higher price than Rolf sells it).

Edited by ReaverKane

player made currency is a cool idea, but one fraught with many risks.

That said, it's probably workable in some form - most games effectively do this by letting players trade with an NPC market or loot currency from dead mobs.

-1 to doing it in this form though. I don't know what form I'd do it in.... we will find out one day.

player made currency is a cool idea, but one fraught with many risks.

That said, it's probably workable in some form - most games effectively do this by letting players trade with an NPC market or loot currency from dead mobs.

-1 to doing it in this form though. I don't know what form I'd do it in.... we will find out one day.

Thats different from you coining your own money...

In Game ~~

8.) All mayors can stamp coins out of gold. This could also be a permission.

• This puts currency into sandbox mode ! (The Goal) The next several #s are gonna be a bit dry mechanics btw.
9.) The gold coin would bear the name of the town it was minted as well as the description wanted by the deed and the worth of the coin.
  • Example: ‘Tap Dance Doubloon (100 worth)’. (obviously starter deeds wouldn’t generate worth, but it’s convenient for example purposes)
10.) The worth of the coin would be determined when it was minted by the mayor.

11.) The coins minted by the mayor decrease the ‘worth’ of the deed.

12.) A deed generates worth based on its size and how many actions are performed on deed. It would be a ratio of about 90% deed size to 10% action timer length.

• This will make more active and more expensive deeds ‘pay out’ more and mitigate worth-farming.
  • Example: If a deed has 100 worth and the deed's mayor decided to print coins worth 20, he/she would be able to print 5 of them, and his deed’s stored worth would be back to zero; or he could print a single coin worth 100, or anything in between.
13.) Disbanded deeds’ minted coins would slowly lose worth (1 or 2 a week). Coin name would reflect that the deed is gone.
  • This would promote deed longevity and provides some additional long-term inflation control.
  • Example: ‘Tap Dance Doubloon (disbanded) (98 worth)’
14.) Merchants are changed to have you set the price in 'worth' and accept any type of coins.
  • Required obviously for the 'remove silver' part of this idea.
15.) Merchants give change in the appropriate currency for the deed they are placed on. If not on a deed, merchant is exact change only.
  • This one is pretty self-explanitory. Also allows a method for non-mayors to recycle defunct currency.
16.) Merchants placed on a deed and by the deed-holder would have an option to convert coins received into raw worth for the village.
  • This would allow recycling of worth from defunct deeds by active players.
17.) Any coins can be decommissioned by a mayor to add raw worth to the village.
  • This would allow recycling of worth from defunct deeds by active players.

Sound almost like one "mortgage system". Then -1 before some subprime problem here.  :D

The real problem Wurm have right now is not the economic system, but the prem numbers falling. Any radical change in economic system will only help more people to leave without bring more players to Wurm.

Edited by Zuuma

'Macroeconomics 101'

Can people who don't even know what Macroeconomics is please not post ludicrous suggestions.

A new money system would be interesting. I'm not knowledgable enough to say yes or no to Elen's suggestion, but I like that it's being discussed. I hope the ptb take notes.

An interesting idea for a game, but it needs to be implemented at the beginning, so this is not for Wurm.

Why tie the minting of coins to deeds and actions. Why not allow total sandbox and let anyone create their own currencies and mint money for it.

• Like 1