Sign in to follow this  
Gramuly

Wurm For Android

It think a second seperate game of Wurm for the phone would be nice.

There are a few android sandbox games close in style.

I would like to know what is being planned and what is already in the works.

I want to see a game with the Wurm name, on my phone or tablet.

Edited by Gramuly

hmm.

It would be a single player version only. You can hardly sell multiplayer games for Android.

+1

Would be good if you could just grind with that 

• Like 1

i dont think it is possible unless it is separated thing.. limited client xD

• Like 1

they have troubles keepin this one up and they will take now all the consantration to android?

At this moment I think they just cant do it.. but it would be a damn good idea and would bring more people here aswell.

I guess it'd be a cool thing to have, but I doubt you could ever get the current Wurm client running on a mobile platform. They've got their hands full on developing the desktop client.

I would hope for ingame chat linked via player login on my mobile.

I wont say it is impossible but I will say that I have spoken with rolf in regards to this and he was open to the idea months back. I did start working on reproducing the game on mobile platform and well all I can say is I applaud the team who could make this work. Best advice if you want to play on your tablet/phone. Remote desktop it. I knew of several players who remote to play and just use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard for peripherals.

It is possible to setup a chat client between the two which was also discussed and put into motion but never finished due to me receiving my paperwork from sweden very late since my mailing address had changed in midst of him sending it, received it about 2 months later. I have a good bit of a wurm project for mobile done I had started when I had spoken with him. Its features are:

Finished:

-Prayer timer

-Meditation timer

-Deed planning (similiar to wplanner not this new fancy 3d planners Ive seen people have come up with)

-Season/Time

-Farming/Harvest manager

Partly finished just was waiting for NDA to receive server information:

-Logging into the server to access chat

-Friends List

Everything above was done in both Android and iOS. If anyone is interested in picking up where I had left off and gets the approval from rolf for the chat stuff I will be happy to send you the source code for whatever platform you wish to finish. Feel free to send me a forum message about it. Hopefully I get it as I quit wurm months back just like to still follow the progress of the game and its community.

Edited by Ruger
  • Like 1

i think it would be Cool to see wurm online for the xbox

NO, that will suck the last moneys

only android can be considered :)

i think it would be Cool to see wurm online for the xbox

Microsoft wouldn't permit any software to use there hardware that would

Connect to a outside server. This is why several games when to other platforms

X-(. But in the same thought, the attempt to play via a game controller? Ewww

I play wurm on my android already. Utilizing a app called splash top 2 I can play any pc ge via cell. Splash top is a free remote desktop local area network tool. It has very little lag, and only restricted with your own physical prowess.

• Like 1

I play wurm on my android already. Utilizing a app called splash top 2 I can play any pc ge via cell. Splash top is a free remote desktop local area network tool. It has very little lag, and only restricted with your own physical prowess.

thank you for this. Ive downloaded the stream for the desk top and excited to download it on my phone.

Seems they have made it much more easy then last time I looked a few years back.

Also it seems to have no cost and 1.99 us If I want the extras.

Ive not used it yet but even if it allows me to do a few actions that will be an excitement.

the splash top 2 works. It did not cost me anything but is a bit hard to move the avatar around with.

When looking around It was so fast that I ended up looking at the sky. To get around this I opended the console and use the command 'sensitivity .1' the wiki shows the range between 1 and 10 but that was to fast so I had to use .1

Its still difficult to manage but only been working on it for a total of 10 minutes.

I was able to open a trader and see its content.

If you have suggestions on how to make any settings work then I would be thankfull.

Cool if you want to play with a monocle. Better on a tablet perhaps. Everyone has an Ipad it seems.

would be good to see an android client, theres already a couple of persistant world mmorpg's out there for tablets, wurm would make a great adition

• Like 1

I never understood the mobile gaming craze...where is everybody at where they have an hour or more to just sit and play games?

Sure some people commuting to work on a train would be able to make use of it, but it can't just be that. I've never been in a situation other than on the train where I thought, I wish I could get online and play X, while I sit here for the next 2 hours without anyone to talk to...

Just please no, this game already has enough bugs to be fixed and enough new ideas to be implemented. We don't need the few devs we have to be split working on one or the other.

• Like 1

maybe not the game right now for android but a server chat program (dont mean irc actual server chat) or who's online program linked to friends list would be nice

Considering this is Java, which is independent of operating system. Its not so much an issue of creating an app, but having a phone powerful enough to run the client.
Technically this client could run on any enviroment that runs java and has the right specs.

I reckon in a few years some phones may even be able to run Wurm lol, depending on how much they upgrade the client in the next few years. Wurm could work on a light client though with less graphics and so on..

Wurm graphical side is made in LWJGL which IS system dependent. Smarthones are using OpenGL ES. Porting Wurm to, for example, Android would require a lot of work.

I still think this is great idea..   will not open new topic for it.... but if we can wait so long for bridges..  why not wurm on android