Sign in to follow this  
Julepalme

Possibly Unintended Meditation Restrictions.

So i recently hit path of power lvl 7.

And wanted to test lava spawning.. only to find out that it requires a magranon altar.

This got me very disappointed, as this basically restricts HOTS from using that meditation power as we cant build magranon altars.

I'm guessing this was done to limit where you could place lava, but whoever made this restriction maybe unintendedly forgot that BL also needs to be able to use meditation (e.g. dont link meditation to religion please.. 2 different mechanics)

My suggestion to fix this.. if theres a purpose for this being linked to altars.. please allow it inside libilas domain aswell..

Or to completely free this from religion, allow it to be used inside your own kingdom influence maybe?

• Like 9

+1 Meditation and Religion are different systems.

• Like 1

It just has to be in the magranon influence far as i know... libila could still use it in enemy kingdoms long as its within the influence.... and luckily many people build mag altars in mountains... so it shouldnt be that big of an issue...

It just has to be in the magranon influence far as i know... libila could still use it in enemy kingdoms long as its within the influence.... and luckily many people build mag altars in mountains... so it shouldnt be that big of an issue...

Actually it is kinda a big issue.. since we can't decide where to use our power, either way we are put at a disadvantage compared to the enemy who can put down a mag altar anywhere to cast it.

• Like 1

No influence seems to work. Try pushing some altars into cave until/if a fix is put in.

It's my guess that this was actually intended to be a mag priest spell at some point but instead cut and paste into powerpath.

I'm HOTS as well. This is pretty lame restriction that is most likely the result of the above. It seems a fairly simple fix. Keep kingdom influence restriction ditch religion restriction.

you can't cast erupt outside your own kingdom, I think this limitation is enough...

+1 on this

Hots is Hots you wanted to be it......I have no sympathy because you get plenty of other benefits.

Is this a suggestion?

• Like 1

Hots is Hots you wanted to be it......I have no sympathy because you get plenty of other benefits.

Is this a suggestion?

Make adding enchanted grass require Hots influence, should make about as much sense as your reasoning.
  • Like 4

that is firstly well documented on the wikipedia page, i think you probably easily could of found out beforehand that this was required and decided upon your meditation path there.

i can see your point its limiting to hots, but again, that perhaps is just one the perks of that path. like how Hate is on mycelium and libila and usually HotS territory, that is a perk for that meditation path. i don't personally see it should be changed because i feel it makes the paths different and selective to individual kingdoms

that is firstly well documented on the wikipedia page, i think you probably easily could of found out beforehand that this was required and decided upon your meditation path there.

i can see your point its limiting to hots, but again, that perhaps is just one the perks of that path. like how Hate is on mycelium and libila and usually HotS territory, that is a perk for that meditation path. i don't personally see it should be changed because i feel it makes the paths different and selective to individual kingdoms

Which they shouldn't. And good job pointing out that other inconsistency, which is path of hate, should have a different tile to meditate. Its really nonsensical (then again, wurm, right) that meditation is so heavily linked with religion.

which they shouldn't is your opinion, i personally like the variety and meditation paths as-is.

One can never have too much lava.

that is firstly well documented on the wikipedia page

Captain 180 on opinions is at again. Weren't you talking about not trusting the wiki when you bombed the white light? I digress.

Keep it as is, but make it so hate moves can be used only in Libila lands, knowledge only in Vynora, Love only in Fo, and insanity only where there are no gods.

Then slap yourself in the face because that's how much sense that makes.

+1 jule

Edited by Enzius
  • Like 2

But you don't need Libila influence to activate your meditation benefits.

• Like 2

Always saw the Mag influence as a necessary limitation on lava tile spamming. Players use them frequently to destroy stuff, especially stuff that shouldn't be destroyed so easily. coughaltarofthreecough

For WL players it should keep the Mag limitation. For BL players perhaps switch it to Libila; though, not sure offhand if that would serve the same purpose.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 2

Always saw the Mag influence as a necessary limitation on lava tile spamming. Players use them frequently to destroy stuff, especially stuff that shouldn't be destroyed so easily. coughaltarofthreecough

For WL players it should keep the Mag limitation. For BL players perhaps switch it to Libila; though, not sure offhand if that would serve the same purpose.

Would make sense since Fo and Libila can both enchant mailboxes, as it is necessary to have an enchant for a mailbox to work.

Just dawned on me that my Vynora priest is going to need Mag influence to use the power path.  Of course our area is covered with gold Vyn altars for the actual religion bonuses. 

Just make it so you can spawn lava in both mag and libila influence 

+1 to Julepalme's suggestion. Either Religion and Meditation are seperate systems or they are not. AFAIK they are seperate systems.

Question is... has that too changed like so many other Features around here?

Edited by Kyrmius