Sign in to follow this  
chrismisterx

New Roads, Make Paving More Useful.

Just been thinking how nice a pottery floor would look as a road and started to think a sandbox game with more options is always good, so a quick sugestion.

How about a second batch of road / path tiles in an update down the line could work like this:-

Pave ground with stones = gravel like now. Pave on top with Tar makes prepared road ( same speed as dirt tiles, looks like black gravel )

Prepared road can then have the new road types added to make:-

pottery prepared road + pottery brick

marble prepared road + marble slab

slate prepared road + slate slab

Ablity to make new roads could be unlocked as you level paving.

This would give a new use for marble and slate and give more use to paving skill.

I cant think of any downside to this, even the artwork is already in game to some degree, whats your thoughts?

Edited by chrismisterx
  • Like 1

If i understand correctly you want more road types like the new floors. If that is the case you get my full +1 simply because i hate using floors on the ground floor, it's darn ugly.

Sure I've seen a post like this before

Did a quick search and didnt find anything, sorry if its already been posted.

Yes zenoxgear thats right, but wasnt thinking about inside buildings, I hadnt thought of that, as that would make it easy to make the flooring inside buildings, so might be over powered inside?

But more options outside is what I really was trying to get across.

Edited by chrismisterx

I definitely prefer this to the previous road variety suggestions. Namely because those all involved reducing the usefulness of the existing roads because they are "too easy". This one just adds more flavour, for people who prefer a different look and are willing to skill for it. Purely aesthetic changes like this get a big +1 from me :)

Just been thinking how nice a pottery floor would look as a road and started to think a sandbox game with more options is always good, so a quick sugestion.

How about a second batch of road / path tiles in an update down the line could work like this:-

Pave ground with stones = gravel like now. Pave on top with Tar makes prepared road ( same speed as dirt tiles, looks like black gravel )

Prepared road can then have the new road types added to make:-

pottery prepared road + pottery brick

marble prepared road + marble slab

slate prepared road + marble slab

Ablity to make new roads could be unlocked as you level paving.

This would give a new use for marble and slate and give more use to paving skill.

I cant think of any downside to this, even the artwork is already in game to some degree, whats your thoughts?

i think u mean Slate Slab not Marble Slab

i think u mean Slate Slab not Marble Slab

thank you, yes a typo and changed it.

more road types and id like to see some of them require more materials than 1 brick

+1

Did a quick search and didnt find anything, sorry if its already been posted.

search 'zcul' (the dev) thread history. He already planned to redo pavers. If I link it for you people will yell at me for popping it yet again for fear he will do it and roads will be harder.

And he does not use tar, tar is used to seal alsphalt roads not prepare road beds. Sanded gravel is the road bed, just like real cobblestone road beds.

Edited by yarnevk

Yeah theres already a huge thread with this kind of stuff ( exactly )

I do think Highways should require more work to be declared a Highway.

+1 but needs more mats then 1 brick/slab imo

search 'zcul' (the dev) thread history. He already planned to redo pavers. If I link it for you people will yell at me for popping it yet again for fear he will do it and roads will be harder.

And he does not use tar, tar is used to seal alsphalt roads not prepare road beds. Sanded gravel is the road bed, just like real cobblestone road beds.

Always been in favor of this:
/>http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/72407-suggestion-change-to-road-work/

Pave ground with stones = gravel like now.

I'm all for any new types of decorations, +1. Currently rock shards are used to make gravel, and you left out stone brick roads. Could even be able to turn rock shards into gravel when activating perhaps a small maul, then use gravel/tar/paving material for roads.