Sign in to follow this  
AryaStark

A Few Thoughts After 100 Posts...

Maybe if you drop the young, cute, innocent, dumb, poor little Romainian girl act people will take you more seriously.

Venting your ideas on the forum is fine, some of them are really good too, but I'm sorry nobody wants to read about your private issues in every post. Have fun, enjoy the game and when making forum posts, keep to the issues at hand and try not to care too much if someone doesn't agree.

Edited by Torgrim
  • Like 6

I have to agree with Rosedragon. Only thing you want is attention. Like posting a thread like this..

If you post a suggestion a day maybe crop them all up in a list and do 1 a week? :)

Sorry Keldun, you said "Acted or not, her behaviour fits Asperger's profile pretty well"

Asperger's or not...we are all equal here...You may, but i wont act differently or keep opinions to myself just because someone is suffering a mental disorder. Does that make me a ######? well...its not really news to me. We all have problems and to use this as an excuse is ridiculous.

Take the good opinions with the bad...deal with it and move on...or live up to your words and dont make yourself a liar, again, and stop posting.

Edited by Lolly1

This is ridiculous. If you guys don't like her posts, why do you read them? I have not read all of them, but the ones I've seen are articulate. There is no need for complains and insults. You can give her her proper criticism instead, tell her why you don't like the suggestion. She is only trying to bring more into the game, how could that be a bad thing.

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 2

This is ridiculous. If you guys don't like her posts, why do you read them? I have not read all of them, but the ones I've seen are articulate. There is no need for complains and insults. You can give her her proper criticism instead, tell her why you don't like the suggestion. She is only trying to bring more into the game, how could that be a bad thing.

Two words.

Adolescent boys.

Game suggestions is a high stakes here where every changes Rolf make please some, angry some others. I believe that is what happened, regardless of what kind of words typed out on the suggestion forum-- not everyone can pull out a smart comment. I don't think the community in general means to dislike a suggestion just because it comes from certain person.

And to what happen to this topic, that is what happen when one ask something that sounded like 'why you all hate me' to a community of variety of people, from carebears, logical, to trolls.

Two words.

Adolescent boys.

Are you a comedian, eh?

Everyone reaches a point of tolerance...perhaps even you.

Well, for me, I think it just boils down to me being a troll, which I have been trying to cut down on lately. However, when someone gives you such juicy ammo to use, it's hard to break the habit.

• Like 1

Game suggestions is a high stakes here where every changes Rolf make please some, angry some others.

The funny thing is I have seen many suggestions made and argued. Some are dead on arrival and some get 100% support and are suprising that they are not already in game. I have yet to see any changes made that seem to have originated from the Suggestion Forums. It makes me wonder if anyone with development power actually reads the forum. The forums are our placebos rather than any true pathway to change.

If we have something that we think might be an improvement, the forums allows us to get a good feeling, like we are actually a part of the process. It lasts about 5 minutes until the first reply, or 10 minutes when you realize that no matter how good of idea it is, it will never see the light of day.

From the movie "The Outlaw Josey Wales"

"We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war"

If i am honest you playing the medical condition card just seems like you are looking for attention and your forum posts are just more of the same attention seeking look at me i am here to change the world but you can't get mad at me when i try because i have a medical condition and you would be being a jerk kind of thing.

Just be yourself don't try to change the world everyday. At least space them out if you are going to. Doing one a day just puts people off. It would have been best to make one big one like a "here are a few things i would change" kind of thing and put them all in one post It would have been much better and accepted more. Out of the 100 posts how many of them were things you wanted to do to change the wurm world in your short time here? I am guessing a lot of them.

Anyway take what you will from it but that is my take on the deal.

Edited by Kegan

Well, for me, I think it just boils down to me being a troll, which I have been trying to cut down on lately. However, when someone gives you such juicy ammo to use, it's hard to break the habit.

lol

You can safely ignore those... people.

I mean, they gotta have a valve to let out all this steaming... whatever. Better it ends up on a keyboard than it drains out their ears, eyes and mouth, isn't it.

And considering that I collected almost 50 likes to my 100 posts and that one of the posts was recommended by Rolf himself, I can say that I have done quite a decent job.

The short version is that: pretty much it works like the old system, just that the best offer to pick from the store is the "1 month + 1 silver" (which, good news, is also requiring only a 10 euros investment).

Ofcourse Rolf recommended that, he get 10 euro for each of the alt's that is run trough turtorial and get a months prem.

• Like 1

it's a shame the devils number is actually 616 :)

/>http://www.religionnewsblog.com/11134/beasts-real-mark-devalued-to-616

actually it's 1359072135098520958230948

dont'cha know

Congratulations on your 100th post, I think you're one of the best people here because you don't fall inline with the 90% of bs people on here who are scared of even questioning the authority, things to do with money and prices etc.

this seems like a hobby of yours

suggestions never hurt, so keep them coming.

Interesting post.

My experience with Wurm forums is that a lot of the people posting here are elitist and or behave in a way that is far from friendly.

Sincerly wurm needs less drama and more community feeling.

I think there is some confusion on the issue here so let me try and complicate it more:

I don't think 95% of people have an issue with people making suggestions, even if we don't agree with them and/or skip our medication for the day.

However a number of us feel that:

- the number of posts by the OP is excessive. (personal opinion)

- the OP could maybe play a little more before attempting to overhaul Wurm in so many varied ways.

- the OP keeps saying she is casual, yet is in forum enough to be charged a 1 bedroom apartment rent rate.

- the minute we disagree she becomes a (mild) victim

- she pretends modesty "not smart" but accomplished so much, must post this thread for attention, tell us of Rolf's approval etc, etc, etc

On the bright side, our OP has taught me the value of thinking more before -I- post suggestions and to not really read any posts but buy/sell/action.

And to take my daily meds.

Thank you.

Edited by kajmir
  • Like 4

Chin up Chick, haters gonna hate!

I've read a lot of your posts, I like them. People will complain, they often do, it's their thing. This comment isn't so much about soothing the ego, or giving a pick me up, or even boost this thread again, it's simply a way of say - Hi, I read you.

There is an all too common complaint amongst long-timers that "you haven't played long enough" or that because you're new to the game some suggestions should be ignored because it upsets the balance every now & then. But, being a RL Manager with QAT members new eyes, new ideas, new approaches. Some get told "no" not going to happen, because it's been tried & failed, or doesn't fit the business model, but others times these new ideas, new eyes, new thoughts can bring forth a new growth spurt and be able to increase the product viability.

I've had the mental health issue, and the mobility & physical issue, and it's not a "card to play", it's the truth, and in some cases explaining what the issue is can be beneficial to the community as some things can be taken out of context.

Don't ever apologise for wanting to see a community grow, or that you have ideas that you want to share. It can be good to get it all out and let others talk about it.

I do wonder though at those that see it fit to only put crap on a post rather than actually give feedback on it. How else are ideas meant to grow and develop when the standard answer is "that's crap, been there, done that, you don't know what you're talking about, or crap not another fruiting post."

Good luck!

• Like 2

I wonder if you think giving honest feedback is a hostility. Or protunia big -1 is rude. I found except on certain heated discussion like trader discussion, people here are mostly civil. Maybe it just me, but I rather find people that honest on theirs responses than those who try too much to candycoat theirs response yet cursing in my back. It is easier to introspect from honest responds than having to decipher fake friendliness.

The line between a honest and a hostile response is not that fine, but in a lot of threads, especially in the suggestion forum you can see people stepping over that line, sometimes apparently purposefully or skipping the honest part alltogether, being just hostile.

And no the -1 is not rude, it's a honest and straight "I don't like" (though without any explanation as to why it's not really helpfull)

Sorry Keldun, you said "Acted or not, her behaviour fits Asperger's profile pretty well"

Asperger's or not...we are all equal here...You may, but i wont act differently or keep opinions to myself just because someone is suffering a mental disorder. Does that make me a ######? well...its not really news to me. We all have problems and to use this as an excuse is ridiculous.

Take the good opinions with the bad...deal with it and move on...or live up to your words and don't make yourself a liar, again, and stop posting.

Not an excuse but an explanation. Knowing stuff like that changes the context of what people say and puts the words in a different perspective.

It may make the difference in my mental response between "Oh, shut up idiot" to "Damn, watch what you say"

I wouldn't excuse when someone goes entirely off the line, but I can tolerate some quirks.

• Like 1

Yet, it looks that as I dared to touch some of the most "tabu" subjects (like traders, ideas to reduce the gap between the new/casual and veteran/hardcore players, ideas to change the game), some people stopped using valid arguments, and reverted to ad hominem attacks varying from the fact that I'm too new to be allowed to have a point of view to the fact that I'm not as smart as many of you and that unlike most of you I also do have a mental disorder. I really don't understand why those people felt the need to be mean instead of offering constructive criticism to my ideas, but it was their decision, and I can't do anything against them.

Sorry to see you go from forums Arya. I myself lost a forum account because of the conditions in here. The problem is, that today media like TV, internet and papers in the west are controlled by ideologists. They don't put human rights or democracy(freedom, freedom fo speech, of opinion !) on top, but political correctness, which is an invitation to create taboos in any way, if political or in a game.

Especially the game makers found out that youth these days most of the time is used by media fascists(ideologists, the impossibility to allow other options) and is political correct, so they make their games and forums political correct also, because they don't want to lose customers and therefore money.

There are even games that deal with fascistic terms like "racism", just to serve customers wishes. Wishes of victims and slaves.

Many of the younger ppl(so in here also) are brainwashed in colleges and universities, so in first row and most important human attribute comes intelligence for them, not heart or sense. They don't understand that intelligence is only a tool of humans. The human is defined by his heart and his sense, so those are boss, and not the tool. Followers of tools, they go wrong and inhuman.

Translated into this forum it means: Be political correct, don't touch taboos, honor the mods(guardians of taboos) and you allowed to be a real sick idiot, no one cares about that. You can provoke and bully others, just don't use bad language, then all good. Justice, fairness, humanity is not interesting for ideologists, they spit on that. Arguments not helping.

Subdue or be thriven out. If you talk about democracy they react as if talking about marshmallows from mars.

So every person with a character and mind is good adviced to flee the political correct, fascist scum in here, protected by the mods.

So: sorry to see you retreat but for sure, its the best for you.

I know exactly why i try hard to minimize my posts in here.

Edited by Anson
  • Like 1

All it really boils down to is some people are going to let you have it and others are going to tell you what you want to hear and the rest will be somewhere in between those.

For sure do not let a few jabs or pokes get you down this is a rough crowd at times.

You can be nice, sweet, snarky, sarcastic, rude, blunt, etc...

Sometimes when they throw tomatoes you have to throw tomatoes back. :P

Me I am Like Popeye......I Yam what I Yam what I Yam....Toot! Toot! ;)

• Like 3

There are different opinions on what fun is and how this game should progress. Often times one path hurts another play style. I feel that is at the heart of many disputes.

I'd advise you to not listen to people who you think aren't being reasonable but that assumes you think like me. I know there are a lot of people in the world that are more interested in being acceptable by others compared to putting the merits of an idea first and foremost If its hurting you feelings and making you feel bad, ya, wave good bye to the forum and just enjoy the game. Although, with time you will learn which folks you want to list too and which ones you don't. There are quite a few people that don't even read my posts anymore because of that.

• Like 2