Sign in to follow this  
3dSquareMan

Still Buying Coins From The Shop Or Players?

Will You Buy Coins From The Shop Or Players Now?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Buy Coins From The Shop Or Players Now?

• Shop
    • Players

Easy question, Easy answer.

I bought my gold coins from Rolf for the past few months, Spent over a few hundred euros easily. I'm not paying now 200 U.S dollars for a gold coin. I'll buy through players now.

depends on where the players put the prices of coins. it was cheaper for monthly prem in the shop than buying from players in the past, it will probably be that way still.. so i'll continue with the shop if that is the case

I don't need to buy coins but if that changes i would get a small deed and do the 1 month 5s and live on a smaller deed and make my own tools.(so i guess that makes it the shop one)

Edited by Kegan

I bought my gold coins from Rolf for the past few months, Spent over a few hundred euros easily. I'm not paying now 200 U.S dollars for a gold coin. I'll buy through players now.

Real world gold coins are hovering around $1500 so that is a deal! According to Rolf the price is offset by selling your sleep powder (or was that only for premiums?)

I personally think Rolf should be in the discount gold biz, if someone wants to buy that much coin at once why would Rolf not give up full price and capture that discount price for himself. He could given even less a discount than a gold trader, and people would use him because of the more 'secure' shop.

Edited by yarnevk

How about a selling Gold cause its pouring out my ears option?

Check your poll, I think it's bugged. A vote for either option advances both (saw it myself, chances of 2 players voting at exact same time to slim to believe).

oh and... from the Shop. Always. Only Rolf (CCAB) should ever be selling Wurm Coin imo.

Edited by Kyrmius

I have no plans to buy coins atm or in the near future, but if/when I decide to buy, I will always be more likely to buy from the shop - simply because of security.

No option for those who was buying from players and keep buying from players? Cause I am on that category.. rarely buy silvers and when I do I buy from a friend.

Real world gold coins are hovering around $1500 so that is a deal! According to Rolf the price is offset by selling your sleep powder (or was that only for premiums?)

I personally think Rolf should be in the discount gold biz, if someone wants to buy that much coin at once why would Rolf not give up full price and capture that discount price for himself. He could given even less a discount than a gold trader, and people would use him because of the more 'secure' shop.

Dude, you should watch the recording of 1.0 launch podcast.

Rold talks about that, and says there might be legal and fiscal issues from buying coin back from players, although he would like that. He would have to (his words more or less) "act like a bank", which of course has all kinds of costs and permits, which is probably why Rof hasn't been buying silver back from players since day 1.

Rold talks about that, and says there might be legal and fiscal issues from buying coin back from players, although he would like that. He would have to (his words more or less) "act like a bank", which of course has all kinds of costs and permits, which is probably why Rof hasn't been buying silver back from players since day 1.

Isn't 10 silver for 1 month "buying back silver?" He buys silver for 50% its worth, and sells premium for 200% its cost.

How about a selling Gold cause its pouring out my ears option?

thats wax

thats wax

anyone with enough motivation could make profit off the current economic model (in multiple ways that does not include traders or buying silver directly from Rolf or players). I'd rather have a growing nest egg than a 1 time horde purchase that relies on other people or more money.

I was not saying he should buy gold coins from players at their discount, I was saying he should sell gold coins to players at his discount. Anyone buying 1g will be invested in the game long enough that they would be stupid to rage quit over short term issues, but stick around for the long term, so Rolf should be willing to take some income from a long term player rather than getting no income. And it encourages those who are month to month to step up to buying gold because they get it at a discount. He could charge more for gold coins than players because of the security of the webshop. It is very common for biz to give discounts for prepay. And he already did discount for the last two weeks simply with the early notice, and many people stocked up because of this discount of the old price compared to the new price.

Edited by yarnevk

If he does a discounted prepay then it would need to be a slow trickle of silver, not a lump sum. Meaning if you get a 30% discount on 120 silver, you would only get 10 silver a month.

Discounts should only benefit large payments intended for the longevity of players.

True, the legal part must be "painful", but maybe can be worth.

The Entropia Universe (swedish game too) do that (buying ingame money back) and is a good selling point for the game imho. The EU can get some nice "free marketing" with the big business going there.