Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

Players Distribute Trader Funds Cause

Trying to make people thing this will get them banned is a lie and a tactic to scare way others who might want to join the cause. I don't care you don't agree with what I'm doing. But I do care if folks try to use lies to scare others away.

Again, Players are free to deed available land and place traders on that deed if they so wish.

So..if we can get ride of traders entirely we should spam the living bajebus out of them EVERYWHERE so the payout of them drops to nonexistant levels & it will take 2 lifetimes to earn back that initial investment. Well then let me just go throw my money in the stockmarket at least I'll have a faster end result.

I'm not understanding this... Is this some kind of a cult thing?

@ Roman, thx for being a good guy :) I view it as an effort to distribute the money more equally to the players.

@ Roman, thx for being a good guy :) I view it as an effort to distribute the money more equally to the players.

It's equal now. Everyone has the same opportunity to buy a trader.

Players distribute trader funds cause.

Its possible to fix the ratio for the whole month. You do this after the reset day by buying 10 silver in player made goods and then draining that back off. If the trader has earned 10s it will payout up to 100s and its highly unlikely it will get that much to distribute.

100s? In what time frame? rofl. For one thing, a trader is capped at 50s and it takes months to build up that much.

Trader easily accessible by all and with a non-broken ratio would complement a goal where we want to put the money in hands of a very diverse audience. It would be an excellent example giving folks who wouldn't normaly buy silver a chance to get some distribution.

A trader that is "easily accessible by all" will never have a "non-broken ratio." Where in the world have you been getting your trader info? From the sadly misinformed tar & feather folks who have been flooding every thread?

I think this is a wonderful idea though. Everybody run out and spend 62s (by your calculation) since the whole idea of traders in the first place is for CodeClub to make money on the initial investment and then for silver to be recirculated through the game. Good plan. That'll really show em. lol. Oh and thanks, I really needed a good laugh today. **wipes tears**

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

What he is suggesting is for them to actually go out and buy a trader and use it and that is the very thing we have been telling you guys to do for days and days, lol

Edited by Kegan

What he is suggesting is for them to actually go out and buy a trader and use it and that is the very thing we have been telling you guys to do for days and days, lol

Close. The differences is the trader wouldn't be boxed up and drained by one player (well mine won't be anyway). It would be open and accessible to everyone. And the more public traders we place the more the equal distribution goal is progressed.

Can I get a form mod to clean out these threatening, trolling, and derailing posts? These folks are not GM and a forum should not allow others to use lies to impose unjust fear in the minds of other players who might want to join this cause.

Sorry, but this is an open forum. You can request others stay out, but you can't stop them unless you can prove trolling. BTW, this is not a well thought out idea. The number of traders you would have to set up to make any real dent in the game mechanics would be too costly to set up and maintain.

• Like 1

Close. The differences is the trader wouldn't be boxed up and drained by one player (well mine won't be anyway). It would be open and accessible to everyone. And the more public traders we place the more the equal distribution goal is progressed.

That sounds good but really do one and see it won't be like that people are greedy by nature. There might be a few that honor it but all it takes is one and the ratio is bad and the trader stops earning. Your best hope is to get a deed of like minded players wanting to share a trader and allow all that pay for a share to split the take this way the ones that could not afford one before can all start earning the money for their own.

I can understand your frustration not being able to afford the buy in cost it takes to earn in-game coins that the game has set up but if you work at it and save you will get there. If you can afford it then go get one and you can set it up however you like but i can tell you if it is public it will not earn anything ever.

Edited by Kegan

This is a horrible idea. And traders will stop gaining cash if you sell too much and buy nothing.

So you will have around 20 traders on deeds and none of them is gaining any cash because everybody just drains them immediately eg. public traders. I am also pretty sure that the kingdom coffers have something like a limit so Rolf can still gain profit out of this system.

Well Kegan was faster...

• Like 1

"this is griefing, this will get you banned....bla bla bla"

9 ) You may not accuse or suggest that other users have broken the Wurm Online forum, chat or game rules in any part of the forum. Such accusations should be sent to forum, chat or game moderators respectively. Even if it is proven that users have broken the rules, it is not advisable to discuss it in the forum.

Please could a forum mod remove those post spreading lies and violating the forum rules.

9 ) You may not accuse or suggest that other users have broken the Wurm Online forum, chat or game rules in any part of the forum. Such accusations should be sent to forum, chat or game moderators respectively. Even if it is proven that users have broken the rules, it is not advisable to discuss it in the forum.

Please could a forum mod remove those post spreading lies and violating the forum rules.

If you really feel that is the case see that little "Report" by the quote? Well use it and report them is all you can do about it. I do admit this forum does seem more aggressive than most and we all have learned to just accept it we argue and move on to the next drama, lol Edited by Kegan

How is this any different than what we have now?

Seriously, what stops anyone from doing anything with traders?

You do this thread like before you couldn't buy any traders, or like there aren't lots of people with public ones.

But yeah, good luck convincing people to drop 60 silver so they can give free silver to other people.

And good luck getting any silver on those traders past the first month.

Edited by ReaverKane

How is this any different than what we have now?

Seriously, what stops anyone from doing anything with traders?

I guess for some the buy in cost or the lack of understanding how they work is my only guess and both can be overcome with a little work and asking for help if they don't understand.

@Joedobo

I read in a different thread that you already own 3 traders. So these have been made public?

• Like 4

Now this is a topic dear to my heart, traders have always been an issue with players and the team alike.

What i will say "not as a GM" you all have the same chance to do this, but if you think you will buy a trader and mess with it your wrong, i hate to say but if you took all the wurm money at the moment and brought traders you would not have even 5% of the traders, so in real terms you would only reduce 5% of the coffers.

And the starter of this topic is way off with what he thinks you can make from a trader. Traders do need to be looked at imo and it needs to be the fact that goods like say an encanted skill pick is worth around the same as what we are selling them for. Not like it is now with the fact a 30ql ring gets you say 5s... it doesnt work. But this needs time and code.

• Like 1

First, use the report button to report any abuse you suspect. Second, just because someone disagrees with you does not make it trolling or derailing the thread. If you can't take the critizism, don't make suggestions.

@Joedobo

I read in a different thread that you already own 3 traders. So these have been made public?

None of them. But I'm going to use the money I have drained over the years to expand on this idea. And I will use future payments to expand on ot even further.

SO if a buy more than 10s in player made items i will get up to 100s in payout?? hmm that's sounds interesting.

Does buying more Trader items have an impact in other payouts?

Always seems like i get back most of the money i spend in trader items.

Almost seems like there are 2 payout systems going on one for deed upkeep and one for trader items.

I mean since we are going to talk about how this works and stuff. :D

Also wondering about deed size as well can I just make a 1s a month deed and get the same payouts??

Edited by Protunia

None of them. But I'm going to use the money I have drained over the years to expand on this idea. And I will use future payments to expand on ot even further.

trust me you will get tired of it after about 10 it is more trouble than it is worth and a tip for you...keep them all in one area or you're going to be spending lots of time and money getting the coins and draining items back and forth to the remote locations. I use to have them spread across all the servers that was just silly. The setup i have now is much better i can get to all of them and work them in a few hours without logging in all the alts and dealing with the mail and CODs to get the coins, Edited by Kegan

The ratio is simple math. From the traders perspective, iron coins received divided by what is payed out. I'm just saying that technically if you buy 10s in player made goods from a trader that it could payout up to 100s before its ratio gets broken. But yea its basically impossible that a trader would pay that much out. I did see more then 50s on a trader the first week Deli went live.

If you buy player made goods you can drain all the money back off immediately If you buy trader trinkets you'll only get 25% back, (except deed writs which you get nothing). Note that your traders ratio is only affected by that 25% too. Trader only consider actual coins they receive and 75% goes straight to the king.

I have not clue if there is a difference between player made or trinket when it comes to payouts. I use cordage ropes on my three and they currently give a a little over 10s a month. But it would need to be a substantial difference because you can't recover 75% of the value of trinkets.

trust me you will get tired of it after about 10 it is more trouble than it is worth and a tip for you...keep them all in one area or you're going to be spending lots of time and money getting the coins and draining items back and forth to the remote locations. I use to have them spread across all the servers that was just silly. The setup i have now is much better i can get to all of them and work them in a few hours without logging in all the alts and dealing with the mail and CODs to get the coins,

a few hours for a gold is not bad if you ask me :P

works out pretty good.

Well if i was in it to just make coins i would use 1s deeds for it but 3 of the deeds i have are large and are used to keep the area around me natural,Two of the back deeds i have are just like the day the server was launched except the 3x3 trader houses and i keep the guards off so anyone can hunt in the area. It is a large forest area with hills with lots of stuff to hunt because they have large 20+ perimeters and my main deed has 40 perimeter so that is 60 perimeter between the two deeds for hunting.

Don't get me wrong i would play even if the traders stopped. It would be a much smaller area but i would be just as content this is a great game and the traders just add to the fun..IMO

Edited by Kegan

Joedobo... please have a seat, we need to have an intervention, we are all here because we love you,... but....

We think you have a problem

All that goes through your head now a days is traders, traders, traders

I think it would be best if you let go

an hour... coarse he has more then me. Log an alt in, grab some ropes from the bin right next to you, open the trader and take all its money, get a buy back amount using some of the ropes you just sold so that you giving the trader a little more then 10% of what you just took. You can finetune the transaction buy using some of the ropes in your inventory (in one transaction sell 1 of yours buy 1 of his type of thing, trader only counts actual coins in a transaction) . Go to the token, deposit your drained coin, grab whatever the trader asked for. Go back and buy those ropes from before...log out....done. Leave enough money on your alt so you don't have to travel to it all the time. So this will take 5 minuets tops and only needs to be done after the reset day. but hey 5 minuets * 10 is close enough to an hour for me. I wouldn't mind doing it. although, it will be a long time till I get 10 under going.