Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

Players Distribute Trader Funds Cause

Players distribute trader funds cause.

Since Rolf won't touch traders how about we do something? And make sure the steps taken are something we have the power to do while the naysayers have no say against. The plan is to place traders all over the place on 11x11 deeds, ideally near roads. Then, let the populace have at it.
The actual cost to do this is about 50s: 38.5s for the trader, and 2s for a deed holder alt(10s less referal value), and 10s for deed. If we band together and use trader money it won't actually cost anything.

Its possible to fix the ratio for the whole month. You do this after the reset day by buying 10 silver in player made goods and then immediately draining that back off. If the trader has earned 10s it could potentially payout up to 100s before its ratio is broken. Since its highly unlikely (impossible I should say) it will get that much to distribute the ratio will never break.

Whose in? I'm considering doing one of these in the next few days.

Tips on trader placement and information on taxation > http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/80384-players-distribute-trader-funds-cause/page-5#entry807467.  Its a post later in the thread. The first few pages isn't helpful so I added this link to save you time.

Please don't argue with the naysayers...they have no power so we can just ignore them.

edit* fixed a confusing point about how the 10s helps fix the ratio for the whole month.

Edited by joedobo

so finally all the servers are covered with even more unused trader deeds..... nahh. thank you.

• Like 1

makin things worse might not be the solution :P

less is better.

bigger radius between traders?

Players distribute trader funds cause.

Since Rolf won't touch traders how about we do something? And make sure the steps taken are something we have the power to do while the naysayers have no say against. The plan is to place traders all over the place on 11x11 deeds, ideally near roads.

The actual cost to do this is about 50s: 38.5s for the trader, and 2s for a deed holder alt(10s less referal value), and 10s for deed. If we band together and use trader money it won't actually cost anything.

Its possible to fix the ratio for the whole month. You do this after the reset day by buying 10 silver in player made goods and then draining that back off. If the trader has earned 10s it will payout up to 100s and its highly unlikely it will get that much to distribute.

Whose in? I'm considering doing one of these in the next few days.

I'm in! I'm assuming you'll be providing the silver for the deeds and trader? We'll stick it to the man (Rolf in this case) for using this type of business model which apparently he thinks works, but some of us don't! Take that Rolf <shakes fists>!!!

Edit: learn to distinguish between observations and opinions offered, and accusations. The only people in this thread that have accused anyone of anything is the OP, who appear to have lost his marbles (observation, not accusation)

Edited by Wulfgar
  • Like 2

At this point, nothing is going to change. Should let this die and come back to it in 4-6 months when post 1.0 and post price hike population numbers have leveled out some.

Trader easily accessible by all and with a non-broken ratio would complement a goal where we want to put the money in hands of a very diverse audience. It would be an excellent example giving folks who wouldn't normaly buy silver a chance to get some distribution.

Go for it want to buy a gold coin to get you started?

If it was not for the trader circulated coins the prices for things would be really low the reason you get so much for a rare item is because players have this in-game coin making system. In other games this comes in the form of mob drops here it is from the upkeep pool. The game just makes you buy into the system much like you would buy gear from a normal game to hunt for the coins. It is up to the player if he takes the plunge to buy in or not.

I'm in! I'm assuming you'll be providing the silver for the deeds and trader? We'll stick it to the man (Rolf in this case) for using this type of business model which apparently he thinks works, but some of us don't! Take that Rolf <shakes fists>!!!

I'm can only do about 20s, less so if/when traders payouts start dropping.

Edited by joedobo

the more traders you put the less income each trader will generate. If you dont like, just dont use it. If you jealous with the money, go do it yourself and see how it works lol.

Again, remember that wurm doesn't have money drop from mobs or quests like other games, the only way to circulate money before all goes to devs is by traders and how these trader owners spend things in game.. bulk products, enchants, everything.. and so circulate the money around the community. Unless there is something that works better than trader for money distribution, the game pretty much goes (back) to either you got friends that make stuffs for you or all items are premium.

• Like 3

Good luck getting anyone else to fund this, and if you only have 20s then ho ho. Personally, I would like to see some change in the mechanic, but I believe this wouldn't really change anything.

Also, if you make them publicly available, then anyone can come in and Fudge up the trader ratio OR completely empty out the traders before other players can get to them. (most likely the first)

I request a form moderator remove Wulfgar's post.

Lol, someones mad.

Edited by Garnetstar
  • Like 1

I don't think representatives should be making accusations like that. He can ask me to stay way, no problem.

I can pay for all of the first deed, after that I'll be looking at around 20s per month to further expand it. This will expand access to the funds.

Edited by joedobo

I'm can only do about 20s, less so if/when traders payouts start dropping.

I was actually just kidding. Here's how I came to terms with traders.

Players who use them only did so because Rolf put them in. Rolf put them in because he thought it would help his business (I'm guessing). If players choose to spam them all over, that's their choice and a choice that Rolf made available to anyone. While having them everywhere would be annoying, it seems that reality hasn't come to fruition since traders have been around for a while now and they haven't taken over all free lands.

tl:dr: It's Rolf's call on these things. I'm not really in a position to tell Rolf this isn't good for his business.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to hurt CodeClub, on the contrary, you could argue I'm trying to use them the way they where actually intended to be used. Yes, putting silvers in the hands of players that wouldn't otherwise buy from the shop in hopes that the subsidy will grow population.

Sorry broke my arguing rule here, but I felt this one was warranted.

Edited by joedobo

This would be using game mechanics in unintended ways and probably get you a ban.

Hey Joe, I'll help... just buy me 5 traders or so and I'll make my own deeds and place them :) thanks!

• Like 1

Many of us are all ready redistributing wealth.

Just handed out around 15s of coins + in prizes at the spring imp-along (+about 30s of prizes donated by players)

I also agreed to purchase about 15s of bulk items from newer players who are saving for premi,

About 4months trader income, giving me 4 months to save for Xmass giveaways,

Those with large deeds that relly on trader income usually have villagers,

How many players would leave Wurm if they weren't able to find a place to build up their skills before earning thier own settlement form....

I don't think you have much idea of how the economy of wurm functions personally;

As for your suggestion, your traders would get claimed/locked down within a matter of weeks

I've placed about 3 public traders over the years but eventually I get bored of froob alts camping the trader and trade blocking for hours on end; Which you then have to KoS only for them to bring in the next alt....

So your quitting playing in one topic this morning, but still making trader rage topics ......

If you don't have the commitment to reach 50LW, one of the easier skills, then this game isn't for you.

o/

• Like 2

This would be using game mechanics in unintended ways and probably get you a ban.

Folks don't let lies like this scare you. You have the right to deed any land which is not deed. On that deed you can do as you please.

Folks don't let lies like this scare you. You have the right to deed any land which is not deed. On that deed you can do as you please.

So they say... they also say there's no such thing as griefing on PvP servers, yet the poster you quoted was possibly banned for griefing.

sorry but that one of the most stupid idea i ever heard.

• Like 1

Can I get a form mod to clean out these threatening, trolling, and derailing posts? These folks are not GM and a forum should not allow others to use lies to impose unjust fear in the minds of other players who might want to join this cause.

So they say... they also say there's no such thing as griefing on PvP servers, yet the poster you quoted was possibly banned for griefing.

Edited by joedobo

By the sickle and hammer!

• Like 4

Can I get a form mod to clean out these threatening, trolling, and derailing posts? These folks are not GM and a forum should not allow others to use lies to impose unjust fear in the minds of other players who might want to join this cause.

Using lies? Suntzu is definitely not lying. Nobody is threatening you, or trolling, and all the posts you object to are completely on topic. Just because they don't agree with you doesn't mean that they're trolling or derailing.

• Like 3

Trying to make people thing this will get them banned is a lie and a tactic to scare way others who might want to join the cause. I don't care you don't agree with what I'm doing. But I do care if folks try to use lies to scare others away.

Again, Players are free to deed available land and place traders on that deed if they so wish.