Sign in to follow this  
darthryan

Change Username On Forums?

Is there any way a mod could change my forum username? It's always bugged me that the 'd' isn't capitalized, and I can't create a new account with it capitalized, either.

I asked this same question to a GM a while back and no reply was given. I know that with this software we CAN, but whether or not we'll be allowed to....

Darthryan,

I asked this two different forum moderators and the answer was that this is not allowed (too much work for them to do that and check that names don't mean anything bad in any language) and the only way to get a "name change" is to start over with a new account (which is allowed and recommended).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Alex

It's actually very easy to turn on in invision boards and I can't see how the 'offensive name' card can be used... how many new forum accounts are created daily vs how many people would want to change their names?

I'm pretty sure there's a way to limit how many changes a person may have in invision, set this to 1.

I think Tealc is in charge over the forums so i guess your best option would be to take to him about it.

Already did.

Hi,

Yes the functionality is there, Let me ask the rest of the Game Moderators opinions first though.

Regards

Tealc

There is a difference between making a "d" a "D" and checking for offensive names XD

• Like 1

There is a difference between making a "d" a "D" and checking for offensive names XD

My request at that time was to remove an "o" (from Kiddoo to Kiddo). :P

But I'll pray to Vynora that he will have more luck. ;)

Edited by AryaStark
  • Like 1