Sign in to follow this  
darthryan

Gifting Premium Time

DISCLAIMER: Not in any way, shape, or form, an original idea.

Currently, you need someone's password in order to buy them things from the shop. This is very, very annoying. Wouldn't it be SO much better if you could pay your friend's premium, without needing to bother them for their password?

• Like 6

+1

but.. i dont know if this works yet in wurm, but was working in other games.. the paypal link when you press buy is unique and stay for some time (less than a day though im sure) so you can maybe experiment asking that link?

Ryan stop asking for sensible solutions, there is only time for new bugged content.

Next you'll want the 4th person on a large cart to not be IN the cart or for people not to die from having their beds on the second floor.

/me walks away grumbling about "never being satisfied"

• Like 1

Would prefer the purchase became an in game item that could be traded to the person that you want. In case you are using it to trade for in game items it seems safer to do in the trade menu, rather than either side trusting someone doing it out of game (although already there is trust involved in alot of similar game actions, gold sales or referrals for example).

If not, then a slightly smaller +1 to being able to type a name on the Wurm website and gifting them there.

Pollo, what if the person is on a premium only server and ran out of premium? In game item won't do them any good.

Pollo, what if the person is on a premium only server and ran out of premium? In game item won't do them any good.

Considering that this affects one small server out of the entire game, and currently if this happens to someone they must either pay up themselves or give someone else their password. I would say they are SOL, we should not need to hold someone's hand on Elevation. Compare this to 700 or so players on the freedom servers or the ~150 on the other PVP servers.

But again, I am only more for an in game item, I am ok with the store option. Considering that this has come up numerous times in the past and it is still not implemented, I will begin a hunger strike and will plan on holding my breath until something happens.

(rough guess on the peak time players, and who knows how many of those are multiple accounts)

Edited by Pollo

This really should of been implemented years before the price increase. It's like Rolf actually hates money

give 10 silver and its done.

10 silver is as expensive as 2 months premium, but only gives 1 month. Not a good way to go.

rather than either side trusting someone doing it out of game (although already there is trust involved in alot of similar game actions, gold sales or referrals for example).

Would agree actually :) . Just saying if the OP is in urgent of helping his friend. that paypal link trick might do it.

Looks good to me, infact I can't see a down side.

+10

I have always been outright in favour of anything that would promote the game in the real world market and I think being able to gift someone with premium time is an awesome way to do so.

Given the recent price increase, and I have already posted elsewhere on this, the difficulty that might cause our many younger but great players - I am very strongly in favour of this idea.

(I do not disagree with the price increase and please dont reply to this slight off topic comment by derailing a good suggestion into a discussion of the price increase)

Actually, from another perspective, I can also see that some people might like the idea of being able to gift premium time as a way of paying another player for valuable services.

The one offside to that might be that buying silver and trading it to them is going to make Rolf & Wurm slightly more cash.

My thought there is that a player in the game is part of the RL assets of the game, as every real world mmo company has come to realise. So promoting players to play the game by helping them do so as premium players is not just helping that player but also promoting the game itself with its most valuable asset, player population.

10 silver is as expensive as 2 months premium, but only gives 1 month. Not a good way to go.

Was as expensive. Shop price was 5e/s for a month, it is now 8e/s and you get sleep powder. So in-game is still 10s and no sleep powder, and you can buy the silver on the shop. Or you can do the noob premium alt refer/powder/sales to cut that silver price down and give an extra alt to the gifted player. Meet the noob at your token and give him the silver.

You are basically asking Rolf to bypass an existing in-game feature, but the argument for it would be Rolf gets paid only from the shop. So just buy your silver on the shop and he still gets paid. So it is not that it is not possible to gift a player, it is just not as convenient to do so, so why should Rolf change something that has a mechanism in place that accomplishes the end result.

However I would like to see a web shop revamp but more generalized than a gifting. Make the login by player not character, but you select the in-game character that benefits from each premium/silver items, with a report how much silver/premium they have so management of your account as well as your village upkeeps is all one bill and easier to track. This could be your own alt or another players with default list selectors of your alts or your villages, or even pay players for work from the shop (type in the name). But being that he says he cannot afford to implement minor code changes such as non-EU does not pay EU tax, I do not see such a large shop change happening.

Edited by yarnevk

No, Yarn. The price of silver went up also, the price of one month from the shop is 8e, which is also what 5s costs. It is still twice as expensive to buy silver and pay for it Ingame as it is to buy premium time from the shop.