Sign in to follow this  
kajmir

2%, 3% Do I Hear 4%? Anyone?

Source Blog:

Chances for Fantastic or Supreme items are now 2% higher as long as you are premium

Source Newsletter forum:

â—¾Premium characters will have 3% higher chance of creating Supreme and Fantastic items. Rare items are not affected.

• Like 4

Funny, 2% increase is not a lot at all. Im assuming its 2% of the what? 0.01% chance we have right now?

So thats something like 0.0002% more chance to get a fantastic or supreme item. yay!

• Like 1

Or maybe, knowing Rolf, it's just 2% more every action... so 2.01% chance :P

Funny, 2% increase is not a lot at all. Im assuming its 2% of the what? 0.01% chance we have right now?

So thats something like 0.0002% more chance to get a fantastic or supreme item. yay!

Pretty much how I feel on the subject.

As far as I'm concerned, the only real benefit we get is the small sleep bonus. However, even that feels miniscule in relation to the price we're paying.

I would personally be much happier with a longer lasting sleep bonus item, even if it wasn't something that we could trade.

Edited by Dairuka

Creating rare, fantastic or supreme is 1 chance every hour. For fantastic or supreme it's stupidly difficult. 3% of that is still stupidly difficult. It's like throwing a needle in a haystack, taking out 3% of the hay and saying it's now so much easier. It's not. His sleep powder and 3% are just pathetic attempts to make it look like you are getting something wonderful for bending over and getting it in the rear without any lubricant. How about a nice tool instead. No, not THAT tool. An in game tool.

Edited by Clatius

Creating rare, fantastic or supreme is 1 chance every hour.

Not true, at all... not sure how it really works, but that's not it.

/support Redd keeps going in my head, make him stop!!!!

Edited by kajmir
  • Like 1

Creating rare, fantastic or supreme is 1 chance every hour. For fantastic or supreme it's stupidly difficult. 3% of that is still stupidly difficult. It's like throwing a needle in a haystack, taking out 3% of the hay and saying it's now so much easier. It's not.

I've been playing for 4 months, and I've still yet to get anything "Rare" that wasn't something other than Dirt, Shards or Logs. Trying to make something out of those items was equally fruitless. I guess I haven't learned how to game the system yet. Maybe there's a guide out there for those of us who just shrug when the drums go off. So the percentage gain on supreme and fantastic just makes me giggle. What's 3% of no hope?

Not true, at all... not sure how it really works, but that's not it.

Sorry but the only source I have is the wiki. Talk to them. ;)

What would have been better than this worthless stuff is a 3% reduction in all timers. Now that would have been something nice.

over 30,000 improves

only 3 rares i think

and i've made two rare mortar in a row for people who think it's once every hour

AND also i've made two supreme dirts within 10 minutes of eachother

over 30,000 improves

only 3 rares i think

and i've made two rare mortar in a row for people who think it's once every hour

AND also i've made two supreme dirts within 10 minutes of eachother

same here.. andthen I see others have 6-7 rates in 15k improves..

Not sure what to make of this. It's such a small bonus it seems insignificant but a bigger bonus would make the supreme and fantastic items less special. Maybe a small reduction of timers like Clatius suggested would be a better solution.

it shouldn't be any bigger anyway, they are supposed to be extremely rare imo.

We are off topic...

The topic IS about me complaining...

rare items are too common, but the bonuses for some rare items are pretty good

Its funny how people complain how they rarely get rare items.

The system works perfectly fine, supreme objects shouldnt be seen often, and fantastic is just to be considered an artifact.

Yeah well 2%, 3%, he can even claim that it was 100%, no way for us to check. And given how every single update in Wurm comes bugged, and you can fail 10 times in a row with "99% chance", I wouldn't be surprised if he actually made it -2%. Which would still be a fraction of nothing, as Redd writes.

• Like 2

2% raise to the regular, or 2% to zero?

Someone should update the wiki because it's not one chance for a rare per hour.

I've gotten up to 5 rares in one hour. Once I even crafted two rare pickaxes in a row.

If had a 0.001 chance before ..... now ..... 0.00103 ~~~ Wooooo !

• Like 1

Sold much prem before this change based on the original post.....maybe its a typo.

A clarification would be nice considering we were sold 3% and given 2%.

We are off topic...

The topic IS about me complaining...

LOL!....

Would love to know how much % of creating such items tho.. even if it still low low low %..

rare items are too common, but the bonuses for some rare items are pretty good

IMHO, the whole concept of rare and the value of items because they are rare are simply Rolf playing with our minds keeping us hoping that our many thousands of grinding actions are somehow MORE worth it in the end because we made a rare.  It is a clever trick akin to an eighteenth-century master telling his child-labor slaves that they will get an extra piece of bread at the end of the month if they work twice as hard.  

Because of the insane grinding of this wonderful game, there is a desperate attempt in the mind to think that a rare is somehow worth 2 or 3 times the value of a non-rare item.  Rarity may in fact be rare, but the value associated with rare items does not justify the exorbitant value we place on those items.  Even if the rare item gave 2 or 3 percent decreases in a timer or increases in a final quality - what are we talking about really?   We are talking milliseconds and minuscules of change and effect which are only ever-so-slightly valuable if you regularly perform thousands of said feats of grinding.

But it is the community's fault that buffs are so insignificant and bonuses are so nil.   Every time someone in Wurm attempts to make the game a tiny bit easier or ask for anything that even resembles a relaxing of the grind, there is a rabid lashing-back from veteran players that cannot remain sane knowing that others will not share in their misery.  

And so the wheel turns...

Edited by Eyesgood