Sign in to follow this  
AryaStark

Premium Time Transfer

Hello friends,

One new day... one new suggestion... I expect again the fair share of -1s and personal attacks, but I also hope for some constructive criticism, for which I thank you in advance. :)

The idea is pretty simple - a new /timetransfer command would be introduced in game which would allow one to transfer a certain amount of his premium time to another character.

This way someone could buy premium time with real life money, then pay workers / gift friends / award prizes on competitions / etc using that premium time; basically this means more money for Rolf (since people will find it more convenient / cheap to "pay" with premium time bought from shop, instead with silver bought from gold sellers / trader drainers).

This could also mean a better deal for those hardcore player playing more characters (let's say four), who could just buy one year premium from store (benefiting from the discount) then split it among her four characters (three months each).

Finally, workers (people not affording to pay for a subscription and earning their premium by working in game) could probably get better deals, considering that their "employers" would pay less (now they need 10 silver for buying premium in-game, which means 16 euros at the store price; with my suggested system one month of transferred premium would cost their employer only 8 euros - or even less if they buy in one year batches).

Of course two precautions should be taken so this could not be abused:

- premium time could not be transferred to people that were not premium before (so you can't get all the new player perks this way)

- premium time could not be transferred when this will leave you with less than 30 days of premium time (so alts just buying one month or premium time could not transfer it).

The minimum transferable "time share" should be 6 days of premium time (the equivalent of 1 euro IRL or 2 silvers in game).

The in-game command syntax should be:

/timetransfer character_name nomber_of_time_shares

for example "/timetransfer Protunia 2" would take 12 days of my premium time and transfer it to Protunia

Cheers,

Alex

PS: I'm sure that gold sellers, trade drainers or people with huge amounts of stocked coins will jump on my idea criticizing it, since this would lead to a lower silver value (by lowering the demand for it), but other then them I think it is an idea that would benefit both players and Rolf's income.

• Like 1

-1 this would cost rolf a lot of money.

I am not a gold seller or trader, but I have 3 characters on an old server that I never use that all have over 6 months prem time left, I could transfer that to my new main would main I would have 2.5 years play time. Thats not including the 4-5 characters i am currently letting prem time drop on, I would in a heart beat transfer that giving another 4-5 months.

Then if i need silver for my deed ( which I dont have over a years upkeep already ) I could sell a month or two from my main to get it, making sure rolf wouldnt see another penny from me for nearly 2 years ( if I sold time )

So for that reason I think its a bad idea.

( If i remember right you have characters on another server cluster, is that why you thought up this idea ? )

premium time could not be transferred when this will leave you with less than 30 days of premium time (so alts just buying one month or premium time could not transfer it)

Easy way around that, buy 2 months, transfer 1 month, give refer, gain 2 silver, 1 hour sleep bonus for the price of 2 months and still get 2 months approx on main + silver + sleep bonus. horrible idea.

Edited by chrismisterx

not a bad idea, but why add limitations like the 30 days and people that werent prem before ( as you can buy first time prem with ingame currency anyway).

Also i believe 6 days for such a time share is too long, make it 1 day/1 share because most jobs will never be 2s worth so no one will use it.

Other than that, I like it.

PS. don't listen to ignorant or arrogant people - you keep ideas coming as this is the only way of progress (IRL and IG)

Edited by Thorakkanath

HOw about you just play the game rather than spending your efforts on changing it?

• Like 1

A better idea if its just to give friends prem time or people working for you prem time is follow these simple steps.

Go to wurm shop, buy silver, trade silver to friend, friend gets prem time. simple.

that way rolf gets maxium funds from shop, no one can abuse the system.

Edited by chrismisterx

This would be used to get priest benefits as and when needed on the priest - tiny amounts at a time. need some enchanting done? Give your priest 6 days of premium time and go wild. Considering how much time of what you buy you don't use in the general course of living, this would not only result in paying less for your playing because less time would be 'wasted' and secondly it would result in a lot less income which would presumeably result in prices needing to be taken up again.

I do hope we get an option to buy premium time for friends in some way in the future though without having to log in to their account.

This is why you can buy premium with in-game currency. Pay your workers silver coins, when they have 6 they could buy a referral, or when they have 10 they could buy premium.

This is a much simpler system, no need for a complicated one.

• Like 2

Greetings friends,

My idea started from these ideas:

- Rolf clearly values a month of premium at 8 euros since that's what he's charging us for

- The in-game price is 10 silvers coins (16 euros) just because silvers bought in game are recirculated (via traders) not because he would value one month of premium at 16 euros

- At this moment there is no way to buy premium to a friend (who doesn't have PayPal ) at the same price you buy premium for yourself (5 euros) without security issues (logging on his account)

My idea would let you buy premium for your friends / villagers / workers / etc at the same price as you buy for yourself. (advantage one)

On the other hand, I find it a bit unfair that someone playing a single character and paying for one year gets the discount, while a hard core player playing 6 characters and paying 50 euros or more per month to the game doesn't gets any volume discount.

My idea would also let this hardcore player get the volume discount. (advantage two)

About the disadvantages you mentioned:

- premium time on other characters: that would be only a one-time problem at the start of implementation, I doubt it would be so huge (people still having lots of premium time on many characters and don't wanting them any more)

- abuse of the low period of time for priests for example: yes, Hordern, I'm sure that this is something that would happen and it may mean lost income; but, as I explained on another idea of mine, it may also mean that some people that had just abandoned their priests because of the time increase, will occasionally reactivate them which will result in extra income - is hard to predict which one of the two behaviors is higher

Personally I have just one premium character, didn't bought any huge amounts of time, so I would have no advantage from it. I just see a lot of people who could potentially profit from it. And to the person that instead of debating the idea, preferred to take it personal against me: if you keep track of my characters, I will help you a bit with it - they were sold: here and here.

Cheers,

Alex

Edited by AryaStark

-1 good exploit for priest alts and people with traders in more-lust servers.

and to the person that instead of debating the idea, preferred to take it personal against me: if you keep track of my characters, I will help you a bit with it - they were sold: here and here.

I give vaild reasons why its one of the worst ideas I have seen on the forums, its open to so much abuse. I didnt make it personal, I asked if the reasons behind the idea where because you had characters on other clusters, I bet you would have transfered the prem time over bar 1 month and still sold them.

premium time on other characters: that would be only a one-time problem at the start of implementation

No true at any point when you decide you no longer need a prem character you could transfer the prem time before letting it drop, or if someone buys an account they then could transfer any prem time from any account they just bought to they main, which in turn means less money for rolf.

Hackers could steal playtime, have you thought of that and sell it on this would be a nightmare for the GM's to trace when theres no need for such a system.

Priests have already been talked about, you say this would mean more money for rolf, so wrong, atm if someone wants to use a priest thats dropped for what ever reason it costs 10 silver, under your system it would be as low as 1 silver, again less money for rolf.

I could pick and choose when I needed other characters also, 1 of my prem character has high carp skill, i could recactive that account for a day only when I needed to build a large building for example and then let it drop again, meaning less money for rolf.

Rolf clearly values a month of premium at 8 euros since that's what he's charging us for

there is no option on the shop that i know off that gives you the option to buy 1 month for 8 euros, its 2 months for 16 euros and their should be a big difference between wurm shop prices and ingame prices its a good system allowing new players to work towards a month of prem via earning silver coins in game. Traders are a whole different thing and shouldnt be taking into account when deciding costs either in the wurm shop or in game for monthly prem.

My idea would let you buy premium for your friends / villagers / workers / etc at the same price as you buy for yourself. (advantage one)

Is that an advantage, they still have the option to use the wurm shop if they so wish, rolf does need to make more payment options, but lack of payment options shouldnt lead to a complete redsign of the in game prem system.

On the other hand, I find it a bit unfair that someone playing a single character and paying for one year gets the discount, while a hard core player playing 6 characters and paying 50 euros or more per month to the game doesn't gets any volume discount.

the discount is for the year character is because your sticking around for the year, under your system you could buy a year get discount and then sell the time on and make a profit, taking money away from rolf.

- At this moment there is no way to buy premium to a friend (who doesn't have PayPal ) at the same price you buy premium for yourself (5 euros) without security issues (logging on his account)

That is your only vaild point, that should be fixed by extra payment methods, paypal is super easy to get and super easy to use, but i agree extra payment options is good ( by text message or other systems )

To sum up the downsides and problems with your idea are hugh, will cost rolf money make a whole new prem trading system in game which will make some people a lot of cash further taking cash away from rolf and in return a very small amount of people who cant use paypal will get a cheaper rate than using the silver sink that is payment in game.

bad bad idea, not thought through at all.

Edited by chrismisterx

HOw about you just play the game rather than spending your efforts on changing it?

if-you-cant-say-nuffin-nice.jpg

On the other hand after looking threw forums, you do make an awful lot of suggestions.

You might be taken a bit more seriously if you slow down and get to know the game a bit better first.

Edited by kajmir
  • Like 1

-1... Dont see the point. Why are you posting so much not needed suggestions? Keep it like it is now and stop suggesting these changes we dont need?

Alex, selling premium for cheaper will make silver more valuable not less. (More people will save up for cheaper premium causing less money in deeds/upkeep and less money to drainers). If drainers can't get money, a gold sells for more.

Do you know where we are?

Minimum transfer should be no less than 15 days. And the player gifting couldn't have less than 30 after.

Therefore a gifter would need at least 45 days of premium. If you got 2 months from the store, you could gift only twice. Once if you're not fast enough.

Horrible idea, unless its 28 days minimum. All the same reasons as was posted in your other similar suggestions.

Maybe tomorrows suggestion will be a better one but as many have stated giving out hours/days in premium time is a waste of code and upkeep to keep track of it all. Just give them a few silver and they can save up like always to buy a /refer or 10s for premium time.

If rolf want to put in a gift system then fine but this is not the way to do it.

-1 sorry but no, if players were to "share" accounts a player thats not so "sharing" could drain the account of paid time

Also people could just perm new accounts drain the time and use or sell the referal

Edited by Ronnie

-1 sorry but no, if players were to "share" accounts a player thats not so "sharing" could drain the account of paid time

Also people could just perm new accounts drain the time and use or sell the referal

She limited it to the "giver" must have a minimum of 30 days premium. Unless you were to get the 2 month option, drain 1 month off and sell the referral.

She limited it to the "giver" must have a minimum of 30 days premium. Unless you were to get the 2 month option, drain 1 month off and sell the referral.

Yes but if such a system was added would be sooner or later players would want it to be changed so you can drain all of it out.

Yes but if such a system was added would be sooner or later players would want it to be changed so you can drain all of it out.

Slippery slope assumption. That could be applied to any new addition in Wurm. If we feared possible exploitation of new additions to Wurm AFTER being implemented and CHANGED to the players wishes, we would never add anything to Wurm for fear that players would convince Rolf that the addition didn't go far enough.

Rolf has every capacity to know the limits between a good idea, and how to make it exploitative.

In all honesty, there is no difference between this idea and Premium Tokens that can be traded in game as items and redeemed for premium or silver. Probably a safer avenue of approach as someone might figure out how to Dupe a premium token.

Well seeing as scraps on fail has been removed, skill gains increased, I wouldnt put it past them...