Sign in to follow this  
Saddist

Different Tower Types

I'd like to think that one day there will be different tower types.

For example 500 stone bricks 500 mortar 100 slate shingles for an archery tower.

Or 500 marble bricks 500 concrete 100 slate shingles for heavy tower guards.

• Like 3

The idea of guards with archery was brought up before... if I remember correctly to almost overwhelmingly negative response.

Still, depending on the attributes of the tower (and assosciated guards) it might be interesting.

Always been in favor of NPC guards with archery. Mounted too for that matter.

It's interesting indeed. Archery is a skill ingame but i never seen guards do archery.

I would love to see some difference in guard towers. LIKE achery or a smalle change to the towers look?

Maybe make for example: 2 towers with a gate between them but act's like 1 tower with archers or guards?

For those not already aware, tower guards can be equipped (or stripped) by anyone from the same kingdom. Each kingdom even has bonuses for using specific weapon types.

However, they do not use bows as ranged weapons.

Ye I didn't think the archers one was destined to see the light of day, but to keep with the idea i figured I'd suggest it anyway.

If I could equip a guard with a bow and arrows to use archery I would, simarly if I could give one cotton to turn it into a field medic I'd happily do that as well.

Even giving one a shovel so It buried corpses would be awesome.

Ye I didn't think the archers one was destined to see the light of day, but to keep with the idea i figured I'd suggest it anyway.

If I could equip a guard with a bow and arrows to use archery I would, simarly if I could give one cotton to turn it into a field medic I'd happily do that as well.

Even giving one a shovel so It buried corpses would be awesome.

i think that would be a neat idea to impliment new guard towers,though the pvp implications may be to much

as for the quoted post -1 to field medic unless it only healed other guards(pvp inbalence)

a big +1 to burying ,i hate seeing all the corpses strewn about and wasting 5-15 mins a day burying them all.....downside to that is wasted butchering products unless you could have a butchering guard with a set butcher skill(would have to be low or it'd render the skill semi-useless)

Good idea. Archery tower would be nice but that would mean adding archer NPCs.

+1

-1 Tweak the current system instead. Allow them to use any weapon they are equipped with and have them deposit any weapons/equipment back in the tower when they die. Then you can have heavy guards with plate, archers, whatever you want using the existing towers already in-game. IF they could use bows. Main reason I don't equip my guards is because then I have to go hunting for dead guard bodies to retrieve the gear.

-1 Tweak the current system instead. Allow them to use any weapon they are equipped with and have them deposit any weapons/equipment back in the tower when they die. Then you can have heavy guards with plate, archers, whatever you want using the existing towers already in-game. IF they could use bows. Main reason I don't equip my guards is because then I have to go hunting for dead guard bodies to retrieve the gear.

+1 to tweaking the system.

I equip my guards with shod clubs due to the fact that when they die the leave it on the floor for anyone to pick up. If the new guards would re spawn with the stuff from the old guard I would put "Gold chain" on my ones.

The issue I see with Bows is on PVPs servers it might be a Little over powered.

So I suggest that guards can carry both a Bow + arrows in a quiver + another weapon, They can NOT use the bow against a player unless the player uses a Bow against them. They can refill the quivers from the tower's stock or a player can restock them.

To restock the tower you should have an open option on the tower , where you can only DROP arrows in.

/me waits for a catapult tower suggestion

Edited by axeblade346

Balista tower to shoot at enemie ships maybe