Sign in to follow this  
Eldurian

Change To Enchanting

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which player should be able to enchant the most items.

• The player actively playing a priest.
    • The player actively playing a non-priest with another client or computer running a priest who sits idle or spams thing with long action timers.
    • The player who lets their priest sit idle while they take a dump or play Xbox but checks back enough to use their accumulated favor.
  2. 2. How much do you play priest?

• I play non-priests 100% of the time.
    • I play a non-priest 50%+ of the time but own or have access to a priest.
    • I play a priest 50%+ of the time but own or have access to a non-priest.
    • I play a priest 100% of the time.
    • I am a champion my friend, and I'll keep on fighting till the end.

You can buy bsb's, a loom with a nice imp really anything. You are expecting as a priest that someone pay you for enchants. Do you not think they'd like to get some of it spread out some more? To make my ropes for sac I like having a high quality rope tool. Certainly isn't something I can do. So off in the mail it goes to get an imp. Just one of the costs of being a priest.

-1, and I'm a Mag priest main, have been for almost 2 years.

After reading the OP's first post 3 times loaded with lots of information that isn't relevant I finally get it.

If we want a priest we should ONLY play a priest because in your mind, it's cheating to have another char that can craft when priests are so uber.

Actually after a 4th time, I'm confused again.

I want a poll too:

A. I think this post is silly

B. I'm confused and have no idea what the OP is trying to get at.

C. I'm proud to get favour while crapping.

D. I don't like the poll options.

E. Since when did having more then 1 char as long as not macro'ed matter?

F. I wish I had skipped this post

G all of the above or close to it.

"G"

Edited by kajmir
  • Like 2

The OP is pretty ignorant and forgot one IMPORTANT thing.

He wants to penalice "afk" priests, just because.

What the OP didnt think of, is that the "afk priest" pays the same premium that any other premium character pays, be it priest or anything else.

If people PAY their premium time, to leave the avatar standing still all day, its their choice, if they pay a SECOND account, so they can play, while their priest stands still all day regaining favour, even better.

Now, with the NEW knowledge that you have, that ALL priests pay premium equally.... WHAT is your problem again with how people play with their characters in a sandbox game ?

• Like 2

A solution to a problem that does not exist. Yes, priests generate more favor when doing absolutely nothing as opposed to working and letting it regenerate, which is as intended. Priests are far from useless, they just can't imp things. I use my priest more than my crafter, as the priest has the chores that maintain the village, farming, raising animals, cooking, etc. And there are no alts, you just have multiple characters. An alt seems to imply a lesser type of character, and my priest is not a lesser char.

• Like 1

Those people that have the cake and eat it as well, are paying twice what you pay to eat that cake.

The only place that is the necessarily the case is Elevation. While I understand that's where you play and where I will as well soon, it is the least populated server in all of Wurm. Everywhere else, priesthood requires premium. Your alt does not.

The other fact is that even on Elevation priest sharing is not uncommon. AKA several people having access to one priest account that can do their enchanting.

But if what we want is priesthood without the penalties for 14 euros a month why not just do that? It would destroy the whole idea of priesthood, but we've already done that, and you have just expressed people can have their cake and eat it too as long as they pay twice the cake.

Edited by Eldurian

You also miss the point of priests dont work well if you just skill as a priest, i share a priest in my vilage and hes one of the best in wurm, but he has nearly as much time as my main does, and that is not him stood around, he has lots of skill in other things as well(that we can skill up)

Are you going to say Blacksmiths that only do BS should be capped at a smaller ratio as well?

That is the case on every server. You can't be a priest as a free player. So if I want my priest and another char to be active, I will have to pay premium on both of them. I think you are just upset that some folks around you aren't thinking you are as important as you wish. My vyn priest is who I consider my main. I, also, have a non priest char as well as a fo and a mag priest. I enjoy being able to do whatever I want to do.

A. I think this post is silly

B. I'm confused and have no idea what the OP is trying to get at.

C. I'm proud to get favour while crapping.

D. I don't like the poll options.

E. Since when did having more then 1 char as long as not macro'ed matter?

F. I wish I had skipped this post

G. all of the above or close to it.

F.

The only place that is the necessarily the case is Elevation. While I understand that's where you play and where I will as well soon, it is the least populated server in all of Wurm. Everywhere else, priesthood requires premium. Your alt does not.

That is the case on every server. You can't be a priest as a free player. So if I want my priest and another char to be active, I will have to pay premium on both of them. I think you are just upset that some folks around you aren't thinking you are as important as you wish. My vyn priest is who I consider my main. I, also, have a non priest char as well as a fo and a mag priest. I enjoy being able to do whatever I want to do.

Learn to read. Where I currently am on Serenity I could fire up my old account and have a way to bypass my penalties right now. Free of charge.

You also miss the point of priests dont work well if you just skill as a priest, i share a priest in my vilage and hes one of the best in wurm, but he has nearly as much time as my main does, and that is not him stood around, he has lots of skill in other things as well(that we can skill up)

Are you going to say Blacksmiths that only do BS should be capped at a smaller ratio as well?

Guide to Building a Vyn or Fo Enchanter

Method A:

1. Get priesthood

2. Build an altar. Pray at it 20 minutes apart 5 times a day. Hold sermons every 3 hours if possible.

3. Spam spells as favor allows. Guides on which spells found on wiki.

4. Have an alt build you a bed and two or more forges. Fill them with backpacks filled with frying pans. Spam fishing on your priest during this time.

5. Have alt build a farm filled with vegetables and cotton.

6. Every day fill your frying pans with 1 fish or cooked meat, and 1 vegetable. Light forges and throw in 5kg of woodscrap. Activate sleep bonus.

7. Use cotton to make yo-yo's or cloth squares. Or if your other account is premium just have them feed you the items they grind their crafting on. Sac items for favor as desired.

8. Continue until soul depth, channeling, and faith are at desired levels. Then enjoy.

Method B:

1. Buy a Vyn or Fo priest with channeling, soul-depth, and faith at desired levels. Enjoy.

Method For Building A Vyn, Fo, Mag, or Lib Battery

1. Get priesthood

2. Build an altar. Pray at it 20 minutes apart 5 times a day. Hold sermons every 3 hours if possible. Enjoy

Eldurian, dont quote me if you dont understand it right, dont go by what is said on the wiki and stuff, wiki is player made :P

Ask anyone what Mic is like for casting, not many can hit the casts we do and as regular.

How 2 get gud at a certain skill:

Option 1:

Grind the skill all day, erry day

Option 2:

Buy an accout with gud skill

Batteries are just a waste of money anyway

Ask anyone what Mic is like for casting, not many can hit the casts we do and as regular.

That's great but the only skills effecting that are channeling and soul depth which you will get plenty of if you use my guide.

I'm happy that you use your priest for other things but unless they raise channeling and soul depth they have absolutely no effect on how well he channels. I like to terraform on my Fo priest but the only reason it does me any good is because I use him for things other than casting life transfer and no locate.

How 2 get gud at a certain skill:

Option 1:

Grind the skill all day, erry day

Option 2:

Buy an accout with gud skill

Batteries are just a waste of money anyway

But most skills including Fathertime's black smithing example don't require you to give up ~70% of the rest of the game.

Learn to read. Where I currently am on Serenity I could fire up my old account and have a way to bypass my penalties right now. Free of charge.

This is not the case chief. While you can certainly use a free account to make things for your priest, that account is capped at 20 skill level. In other words, it's a useless account other than to make your healing covers and put things together for you. However, if you think using a free account to make your weapons and armor and tools for your priest some kind of unfair advantage, then I feel bad for you. Actually, I totally encourage you to do just that and let me know how well that works out for you when the enemy shows up at your doorstep. Oh wait, nevermind, you have the free account to store all those crap tools and gear on to log out with. Bwahahahahahaha!

-1 Theres nothing wrong with the priest favor and cast system

She who does not logout to poop wins.

Edited by Cartrip
  • Like 1

-1 Theres nothing wrong with the priest favor and cast system

Yes, there is... just none of them are in the OP :P

• Like 1

-1, but not because the op idea is bad.

The change is not good/useful to people with (alt) priests right now, like me. And we (priest owners) dont want more priests in the "market". And people really playing priests are happy with the system we have now, i guess.

And rolf enjoy the extra prems too, then cant see this happening.

<--- 98% of the time a priest, going cloths isnt that bad, and im not shackled to my with cloth on, your faith goes up fairly fast like that

Wasn't quite sure what your problem was.

Favour regen is fine as it is.

Batteries are no effort to make but do cost premium. Personally I'm not in favour (no pun!) of them.

The only issue I have is that even a low level channeller can get high casts simply by spamming like crazy (batteries can help here). A low level carpenter can't make 90ql items, a low level blacksmith can't make 90ql hammers so why can a low level channeller make 90 power enchants?

More stuff blowing up with shrapnel dmg involved!

Wasn't quite sure what your problem was.

Favour regen is fine as it is.

Batteries are no effort to make but do cost premium. Personally I'm not in favour (no pun!) of them.

The only issue I have is that even a low level channeller can get high casts simply by spamming like crazy (batteries can help here). A low level carpenter can't make 90ql items, a low level blacksmith can't make 90ql hammers so why can a low level channeller make 90 power enchants?

Low level carpenter/blacksmith/etc doesn't blow up stuff either.

Actually they did once upon a time... it was a dark, dark period.

But anyways back to current Wurm: They don't transfer divine energies into items.

EDIT: Rolf always intended enchants and priests to be uncommon while a nice little bonus, so increasing the number of fails (explosions) along with some missing body parts seems perfectly fine imho.

Heck might as well increase enchant decay rate too for that matter.

Edited by Klaa