Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

Rolf Please Read A Well Thought Suggestion And Idea

Rolf I like others love this game Wurm.

So I have thought of a Idea that would benefit you more. This Idea would require a new server. You could do this with out bothering any other players in wurm.

This idea leaves it up to the player who wants to and does not force it on any player.

I suggest to create a new server that cost 14.99 us not sure what that is in euro's but it is more than what you are going to raise it to.

On this server it would act like other server's but with few changes. On this server you can purchase silver for half the cost of what it cost now before the price increase. On this server you would buy a different type of coin on the wurm shop and this coin could only be used on this server alone. On this server the world traders do not get a pay out from the king and you can not sell items to world traders for silver. The only thing you can do is barter with items and the world trader will trade you a item as long as the item you barter cost more than the item you are wanting and apon the trade you get nothing but the item you wanted.

On this type of server All support beams not on deeded land will decay like every thing else.

This type of server is a pure support server cause it uses no in game silver to pay for account's all premium is wurm shop only.

This is my suggestion I know it would cost me more having the price at this on premium but the cut in silver price would generate the worth of paying this much.

To balance the over sizing of deeds I would recommend a max limit of deed size cause of the silver being cheaper the max any deed could be would be 50x50.

This server would have no F2p allowed it is a paid server only like the epic server is.

This server would be a pve only server cause there are more pve players in wurm than there are pvp.

At a later date you could open a pvp server like this if it was popular enough among the pvp players.

If you would like to do this please let me and others know before I sink the 100 euros in to my deeds on the server I'm playing on now. Id rather play on a more balanced server that fully supports the development of the game rather than a server that allows for people to play for free with silver bought by other players.

This type of server makes everyone pay and it doesn't stop real world trade economy it just makes those who use the game for this have to pay there part for the service.

If every player on premium was paying 14.99 this is a us price not sure of the euro conversion price Last I check there was over 6000 premium players, Wurm would generate 89,940 us dollars per month for 6000 players at premium allowing for more developers on payroll and a more productive development on Wurm online. Wurm is no longer beta and should no longer charge such a small fee and try to develop. This doesn't include the income from silver sale's and with cheaper silver it would sale more silver generating more cash flow increasing the income more.

Now anyone who don't like this idea stay on your server no one is asking you to come to this type of server, But if you do come complaining about this idea that's because deep inside your mind you know this is logical and true and in the end could kill the player base on your server to the extent that it will be closed.

Logically people flock to crowds of other people and only a hand full will stay by them selves. Logically the many out weigh the need of the few.

This is a alternate to the premium/silver increase.

• Like 1

A better bet would be to have a server that is 14.99 a month and has no Silver Purchase required to pay for itmes. The server would generate silver just like the Beta version of the game (no purchase necessary)

A lot of Beta players hated the "silver purchase" idea when Wurm went Gold.

It would honestly change the dynamics of the game if you couldn't Pay to Win at all. Just think of getting 10% of upkeep from raiding as opposed to a few silver. (no one would care, its just play time that allows a player to get silver, not RLM).

Think of the mental shift from "I paid 100 euro for that deed you just conquered" to "You conquered the deed I put a few days into making"

Because we need another server, right?

• Like 2

Because we need another server, right?

It would be an entirely different business model. Not everyone can afford that much a month to play. You would essentially have a server without a working class.

HAHAHAHA!!!

Logically this was the reaction I was planning on getting from you. You have been trolling these forms for past few days Protunia, but This was expected coming from a player selling there account's and trolling post on the forms.

• Like 1

Can you name the Server " Fantasy Island " ?

because we should focus on severs we don't need rather than bug fixes right?

• Like 1

See, what you've done here, is not make a single original suggestion, rolled them all together and posted them with some bogus numbers in a thread with a useless title and then insult everyone who might post any kind of constructive criticism. I, for example, would not player on your server because you don't want any F2P people. And I live forever support beams.

Since you have made it an "all or nothing" kind of thread:

-1. To all of it.

Edited by Wraithglow
  • Like 1

currently $14.99 USD = 11.35 Euro.

I can guarantee most people would rather stick with the servers we already have then pay even more. Thats about a 120% markup (almost 2x what Rolf was asking)

The Orignial plan set out by Rolf and Notch was that players would buy both Premium AND 5 silver every month to survive/play in wurm. This put their goal at 10 Euro a month per player (not far off what you are suggesting)

But, because not everyone is buying both Premium AND silver, based on the rate people are buying silver he upped everything 60%. So, most people will probably by 1 month (8 euro) and maybe 2 silver a month over a year (around 20-30 silver). Comes to about the same really. 11.2 Euro a month.

Edited by Jarosz

A better bet would be to have a server that is 14.99 a month and has no Silver Purchase required to pay for itmes. The server would generate silver just like the Beta version of the game (no purchase necessary)

A lot of Beta players hated the "silver purchase" idea when Wurm went Gold.

It would honestly change the dynamics of the game if you couldn't Pay to Win at all. Just think of getting 10% of upkeep from raiding as opposed to a few silver. (no one would care, its just play time that allows a player to get silver, not RLM).

Think of the mental shift from "I paid 100 euro for that deed you just conquered" to "You conquered the deed I put a few days into making"

I agree with you but this idea Was based on the current real world money trade. I would love to see my self it not have to buy a virtual silver product but rather earn it in game there are many ideas I had in mind One I spoke to Rolf on about a new writ purchasable only threw the wurm shop that would allow the master builder the "system" create writ's larger than the 99 skill cap allowing players to have writs that would cover there whole deed boarder allowing for free construction threw the area on the deed which would allow for great castle's to be designed and eliminate the adding of code to allow buildings to have to connect to reach this goal. But some mechanics would have to change like the ability to have grass grow inside the writ cause when building a castle with this type of writ you could leave sections unbuilt on allowing to have court yards and such. This idea was to get the type of castles players wanted killing the increased code and a new item to add more development money.

currently $14.99 USD = 11.35 Euro.

I can guarantee most people would rather stick with the servers we already have then pay even more. Thats about a 120% markup (almost 2x what Rolf was asking)

The Orignial plan set out by Rolf and Notch was that players would buy both Premium AND 5 silver every month to survive/play in wurm. This put their goal at 10 Euro a month per player (not far off what you are suggesting)

But, because not everyone is buying both Premium AND silver, based on the rate people are buying silver he upped everything 60%. So, most people will probably by 1 month (8 euro) and maybe 2 silver a month over a year (around 20-30 silver). Comes to about the same really. 11.2 Euro a month.

If you was a single account holder this would be true and your deed was small this would be true but many players have 2 and 3 some have 4 all premium and large deeds on each character and the price increase of premium and silver hike will cost them tons more than this.

Actually 2x more no. The new us price will be 10.43 us after the 60% increase and when you add your 10 silver a month land deed that makes your account 10.43 a month and your deed will cost you 20.86 totaling 31.29.

My way.... 14.99 a month plus half the euro cost which is .65 cents on the euro us on a 10 silver deed comes to 6.50 a month totaling 21.49 for said account how did you get double? I count a 9.80 savings on our part. Specially anyone who has multiple deeds and account's

Edited by Arkonick

If anything, Rolf should up the Premium AND compensate players with in game silver. So, your 14.99 USD isn't too far off the mark. If you get 1 month Premium, AND 2 silver... for 14.99 USD Might be a better bet for Rolf. (but you are going to have a lot of angry players who can't afford it and would rather just have 1 month Premium)

Current Model:

1 month premium = 5 Euro

1 silver = 1 euro

Assumed 2 silver a month to pay for a small 1 person deed

Cost = 7 euro a month

Rolf suggested Model:

1 month Premium = 8 Euro

1 silver = 1.6 euro

Cost = 11.2 Euro

Your Idea:

1 Month Premium - 14.99 USD (11.35 Euro)

Assumed cost of Silver ?

Assumed Cost of living: 14.99 + (2 X Price of 1 silver)

My Idea:

1 Month Premium = 11.20 Euro (player gets 2 silver for every month)

1 silver = 1.6 euro

Cost: 11.20 Euro a month

I think what you really want is something like this....http://ponyisland.net/ B)

Forums here to get you started http://ponyisland.ne...x.php?src=forum

Anyhow your Idea was not well thought out it was hacked and slapped together with some of the lastest topics discussed and then hastily tossed up here to get some kind of attention I think.

Well you got it because the Idea is a HUGE -1 from me.

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 2

I think what you really want is something like this....http://ponyisland.net/ B)

Forums here to get you started http://ponyisland.ne...x.php?src=forum

Anyhow your Idea was not well thought out it was hacked and slapped together with some of the lastest topics discussed and then hastily tossed up here to get some kind of attention I think.

Well you got it because the Idea is a HUGE -1 from me.

Please stop trolling Protunia

Please stop trolling Protunia

Edited by Protunia

And this post is not trolling??? this whole idea is basically a troll.

I think you need to go back and come up with a real Idea that actually has merit and makes some sense to most of the players not just what you or a couple others would like.

My suggestion was to make a side server not change everyone's server this type of server would benefit the multi player account holder's who support wurm a lot more than single player account holder's the other idea's where slapped in because a lot of people besides you Protunia who have been trolling them post like a shark don't like them so Taking them away from your sight and making a new server to help the multi account holders and helping rolf keep a lot of income he will loose and player base do to the price increase which will kill us and have us dropping deeds we spent months and years developing because the new silver hike will be more than we can bare and simply because we will be spending on some account's 2 almost 3 times depending on the size of some players single deeds more than you would for 3 triple A game titles out there on the market.

If I close all 3 of my account's right now and stuck that money in other mmo's after the price hike I will bee able to play 5 different triple A titles every month rather than 1 Wurm. It is players like me and other multi account holder's who pay every month that help maintain wurm and the small development team it has now if we go are you going to fork out the lost cash flow out of your pocket Protunia?

Edited by Arkonick

My suggestion was to make a side server not change everyone's server this type of server would benefit the multi player account holder's who support wurm a lot more than single player account holder's the other idea's where slapped in because a lot of people besides you Protunia who have been trolling them post like a shark don't like them so Taking them away from your sight and making a new server to help the multi account holders and helping rolf keep a lot of income he will loose and player base do to the price increase which will kill us and have us dropping deeds we spent months and years developing because the new silver hike will be more than we can bare and simply because we will be spending on some account's 2 almost 3 times depending on the size of some players single deeds more than you would for 3 triple A game titles out there on the market.

We do not need another server right now in the slow time when people are leaving because of summer vacation and the price hike.

If we do get one sometime the end of the year or later it won't be anything like this or even close.

You want a special ruleset server just for you and that is not going to happen.

I'm not trolling... Please use punctuation... That is the longest run on sentence in the History of Wurm.

I'm not trolling... Please use punctuation... That is the longest run on sentence in the History of Wurm.

Sorry Jarosz. Protunia has been trolling post all week and in the middle of selling there account been spaming in GL freedom chat for days now and for them to have no faith in wurm and quit the game, but still think they should have 2 cent's in a discussion gets me a bit ill.

-1 sorry but I think traders should not be barter only. Seeing as orbs and such would then be over used and every deed would have 90+ql of every vein. A stock of magic chests and god knows how many merchants, and cant forget about the sleep powder addicts....

Sorry Jarosz. Protunia has been trolling post all week and in the middle of selling there account been spaming in GL freedom chat for days now and for them to have no faith in wurm and quit the game, but still think they should have 2 cent's in a discussion gets me a bit ill.

First off what account am I selling right now??

Second I rarely talk on gchat most of the time I log in and use /ghat.

So please continue with your fantasy land discussions.....