Sign in to follow this  
Stone

Hay Bales/troughs

I'm sure this has probably been mentioned before, but what about a way to make old-fashioned hay bales? Wheat+String let's say. Then you just place it on the ground and the horses/cows etc feed off of it and as it gets eaten the damage goes up. As for animals like pigs and chickens, what about some sort of troughs? Troughs for the pigs and some other kind of seed bucket for the chickens.

• Like 1

if you want to just make an open container to hold items with no special properties so the items decays just as fast as normal so they can eat out of it that maybe doable as you can just pile up meat and seeds on the ground.

It is work to keep animals and it should be for the benefits they give.

Edited by Protunia

I like the "Hay bale" idea. But really, it shouldn't take string or rope to make.

I think the server resources would appreciate 100 "hay" being bundled into 1 item for the single purpose of feeding animals.

I like the "Hay bale" idea. But really, it shouldn't take string or rope to make.

I think the server resources would appreciate 100 "hay" being bundled into 1 item for the single purpose of feeding animals.

when you drop em it makes a graphics like a pile of grain...isnt that enough?

Adding to this thread, a feed bag that you can put on an animals head would be good too.

The only reason I said string or rope is to keep the hay together in a bale, but I suppose piles are just as good. Would look cool to have bales spread across fields though, and it would add to raising animals.

when you drop em it makes a graphics like a pile of grain...isnt that enough?

still 100 objects a tile that need decay calculation as opposed to 1 large object.

I like this idea. It's one that I've been thinking about recently whilst designing my animal pens. Would love a trough for the pigs, would look nice :)

Also, I love the food bag idea, especially for cross country treks with the horses. No special features, fits like armour and can hold grass & grains whilst you travel. Goes with the look of the carts too.

Great ideas!

The amount of food animals consume when originating from piles far exceeds when it comes from grazing on crops. One or two crops tiles will feed an animals for a week. I'd like to see someone try and feed an animal for a week with a pile of 10-18 seeds.

I'd like for the feeding item to take into consideration if the tile its on has grass/crops. If so the amount of food the animals eats is lowered to that 10 seeds a week deal. As long as the feed item has food the tile won't be destroyed.