Sign in to follow this  
splize

Random Animal Deaths With Good Ratio

ok i have 7 deeds all of them have a good animal ratio according to the token yet every day i log in animals are dead and when I'm playing they die for no reason. All the animals range from young to venerable but their all still dieing daily. Has anyone else noticed this issue.

The tile per creature ratio of this deed is 15.521428. Optimal is 15 or more.This is a good figure.

yet things still drop dead for no reason there are no diseased animals and thier on enchanted grass and fat. so no idea why they keep dieing. Help would be appreciated.

Any/all happen to be female all the ones I had die randomly after the update happened to be female but unlike you it was only 3.

were losing both male and female of all age ranges there's no real sense to it that we've noticed all are in their own pens so not getting disease.

Weird all mine happened to be female and do for a foal on the day they died but it has not happened since. Someone else in my alliance reported the same thing but at the time they was pretty close to the 15 or lower ratio.

probably goes below the optimal ratio when a mob or riding players go by, because its so close to the 15

i could see that but its happening on our other deeds too and some of them have 30 and 40 ratio. our main deed doesn't even have 1/10th of the animals and it happens there too and its ratio is like 40 or so. and its the same size deed. I think its just broken they should change it back. was wondering how many are having this issue.

Edited by splize

My initial reaction was the same:

probably goes below the optimal ratio when a mob or riding players go by, because its so close to the 15

Since you mentioned that some of the deeds have ratios closer to 30 or 40, no idea. From my experience and what I have heard, I haven't overheard anyone mention this problem. And that's about 12 deeds, and a few of them heavily populated with animals.

When I had my 3 horses die I was around ~60 tiles a horse but as of now it has not happened since.

Same problem here, ratio is about 13, but still even healthy horses die for no reason...

Same problem here, ratio is about 13, but still even healthy horses die for no reason...

13 ratio is bad it would make animals die off it needs to be 15 or better where the higher the number the better.

As far as the update said, outside the deed the ratio is 10, so anything below that would be low. Anyway I have ~20 horses spread around in my deed, which is 19 by 19 size (361 tiles), ratio is at 13.8846 now.

That's 18 tiles for 1 horse ( like really? :blink: ), how is that a reason for sudden death? :huh: Don't see why a not diseased young horse should die anyway.

I don't know all the details but was the horses breed? I think they have a chance of dying if they miscarry and the low ratio causes them to miscarry . He went with 10 off deed to stop off deed hoarding and making keeping them difficult. I have some hell horses off deed and they have disease and miscarriages/deaths all the time now.

Edit: As far as the OP goes try to get it to 16 and see if it stops 15 might still be a bad number but 16 might be the first "good" one.

Edited by Kegan

My ratio is like 200 or 300??? maybe 400? I dont know its crazy amounts and I don't have any problems.

Sounds like you guys are cutting it thin on ratio?

How many animals do you have and how close are they being packed to each other?

Edited by Protunia

no the horse was just a young one, couldn't breed it yet

no the horse was just a young one, couldn't breed it yet

Your ratio is too low. Gotta bump it over 15. I'd do over 16.

Never agreed to this ratio nonsense on epic, it does work wonders on freedom I suppose, but having 20 max horses on a 19x19 deed where you have to do PvP and keep your horses alive on raids is just pure stupid...

• Like 2