Sign in to follow this  
Madrocks

Hanging

Why is it not bad that a cat is being butchered? who gave you the right to say what happen to an animal isnt as bad as it happening to a human? -1 to your posts

It aint me there bub, you better go talk to some governments if you have a problem with the way they allow animals to be killed or eaten vs laws against doing the same things to humans.

Edited by Protunia

Anyhow seriously this kind of sick and twisted crap does not need to exist in Wurm ever.

I'm guessing you've never been up close to the Bone Altar then.

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with eating humans, bl'rs do it already.

Especially on epic. Would like to be able to impale heads and bodies of enemies as warning to others comming onto your land.

It's one of the few things in Mortal Online that I liked more than Wurm, apart from the horse-driving, when I tried it out - nothing says your position on someone's being-there quite like a beheading, and nothing quite says "watch yourself" like a head thrown at your feet.

In a sack, and just described, would be enough - there are already extraordinarily gruesome descriptions, such as the ones I got from trying to break an altar this morning:

"A deep cut on the chest splitting the skin, with boils" etc etc. In that case more of a "yeeech, even -I- want to stay away from me right now" than an "oh god that was violent", but.you get the idea.

It's only really twisted if you're thinking in the modern world; I've been catapulting bodies at a semi-neighbor's doorstep that I don't like, and I keep quite a few around just to remind people of my willingness to stand with my opinions.

It doesn't need to go as far as an obviously mutilated body hanging from a tree. Subtlety is key.

Though in Mortal's case I was very disappointed I couldn't put someone's head on a pike. I've never met players so openly, disgustingly violent as there - I'm violent and brash and too aggressive, don't get me wrong, but damn.

I used to do that in Ultima Online, decorate the front of your house with the heads of the guys you kill.

But in a game with the level of inmersion that Wurm has, bringing such features to the game could bring a lot of negative attention towards it.

Why is negative attention a problem?

Allow me to explain, so far, this game is available to all audiences, but as you all may be aware, this is not the case of many other games and media.

The reason a lot of the concepts of games and movies, etc. are toned down, is because they want to be available to broader audiences, since an age restriction and/or warnings about offensive content could potentially decimate the population of consumers.

For the same reason, nudity or sexual content wouldnt be good suggestions to incorporate to the game.

Butchering an animal, in the context of the game, in the time that the game is based (yes, its fantasy, but its based of a real time period on earth, deal with it) is not offensive, because it is not based on the concept of cruelty, but int he concept of survival, most of the times an animal is killed in self defense, combat, the damage dealt, and the butchering actions, are not over the top regarding violence and impressionable content.

So, hanging a human being, live or dead, or impaling, or any other way of display, or unnecesary cruelty could turn this game into a game not fit for certain audiences, I am talking about underage audiences mostly.

Black Light followers butcher humans, and they can eat other humans? It is gross, but it is within a context, and it is not displayed in a graphical way. Untill not long ago BL`s didnt even exist in Freedom, where the bulk of the game population is, and even now, such practices are confined to a specific server, and unable to spread such practices over the population.

So, all in all, this is an awful idea. -1

I'm guessing you've never been up close to the Bone Altar then.

I see no reason why this couldn't be an option for HotS. But instead of being hung from a tree you could make it a crafted item like a Practice Doll, just requiring a human corpse (or an animal corpse for a different item) as one of the ingredients.

Flayed Man comes to mind... It really fits perfectly with the BL lore and gameplay, it would really add a lot to the atmosphere on the PvP servers. BL could construct them outside/surrounding/within deeds they are raiding. Freedom players would probably never find a use for such an item but then again the entire game doesn't revolve around Freedom play.

Of course I was joking, this is way too macabre for a lot of Wurmians.

However, BLs DO butcher human corpses and eat their flesh do they not? Sure it's not that animated but still, that's way more horrific than hanging people from trees.

Nope you can only get their hearts. No manflesh. Mortal Online is the one where you can butcher the whole body and roast it up with peppers and corn. Delicious.