Sign in to follow this  
BlGpapa

Why Not Have Done This Instead Of Increasing The Price Of The Game

why not have added spyglass 10-15S, garden gnome 3-5S, back of keeping 10-15s and all d other thing in the inventory of trader?

option to rename your toon for a fee 25-50s?

in game map with your actual location 25s ? bind to the toon so it cant be sold or trade

lower the price of magical chest they are too expesive nobody buy them. in almost 3 years only saw/heard about 1 person having that.

an item that allow you to avoid skill lost when you die (fredom only maybe, one use) 10+s

item that allow you to teleport (one use only) to other the continent at the starting area 5s (freedom only)

and finally a DLC that allow player to build epic stuff like the kindoms guardS towerS, old freedom tower , the obelisk, altarS<--should very very long and very very hard to build, and all other epic item & structure.

i think that rolf just went for the easy way to make more money. but that only the opignon of a fat, lazy, wurm addicted man but i wanted to share. 60% price increase is a lot.

those idea have the merit of provided more money to the dev and almost no player would have been offended by it.

sorry for my poor english.

Edited by BlGpapa
  • Like 7

Yes +1 for it all. Renaming your character for example, why the heck cant we do that for a fee?

why not have added spyglass 10-15S, garden gnome 3-5S, back of keeping 10-15s and all d other thing in the inventory of trader?

option to rename your toon for a fee 25-50s?

in game map with your actual location 25s ? bind to the toon so it cant be sold or trade

lower the price of magical chest they are too expesive nobody buy them. in almost 3 years only saw/heard about 1 person having that.

an item that allow you to avoid skill lost when you die (fredom only maybe, one use) 10+s

item that allow you to teleport (one use only) to other the continent at the starting area 5s (freedom only)

and finally a DLC that allow player to build epic stuff like the kindoms guardS towerS, old freedom tower , the obelisk, altarS<--should very very long and very very hard to build, and all other epic item & structure.

i think that rolf just went for the easy way to make more money. but that only the opignon of a fat, lazy, wurm addicted man but i wanted to share. 60% price increase is a lot.

those idea have the merit of provided more money to the dev and almost no player would have been offended by it.

sorry for my poor english.

1. Because that would defeat the purpose of them being rare and christmas gifts. They were gifts from rolf remember?

2. I guess that would be cool but i don't see it happening because then griefers/spies etc would just change names. This wouldn't work especially not on pvp servers.

3. -1. How would that map cope with the ever changing enviroment of wurm? Maybe a player made map but not something that you buy.

4. +1

5. http://www.wurmpedia...th_of_knowledge Check at lvl 9. Even then its pointless because they have 3x skillgain so you get them back really fast.

6. http://www.wurmpedia...ath_of_insanity Again lvl 9 sure its random but then check at lvl 12. Every path has the ability to teleport back to their deed. Then there is also suicide...Wurm does not need more fast travel options than that.

7. A what? DLC? No,no and a big no.

This game shouldn't have more p2w features that make the game easier for those who have a lot of money.

Edited by atazs

Because this things aren´t as easy to do as simply raising the price.

Rolf gives a ###### if anybody is "offended" and obviously didn´t get how stupid his way to get more money was.

But anyway, my deed is payed for 2 years, i got prem for a year.

Who knows if wurm is still alive in 1-2 years with that "managment".

If any product raises its price 60% in one step (or even in a medium period of time) it usually end up in a kick into the ass to the vendor.

Simply because it shows how unable the vendor is.

Edited by Void
  • Like 1

Yep, more trader items to buy always let more cash flow, people would actually start to buy lots of silver (at the old price) to buy some of the items suggested (I know I would)

Edit: People seem to dislike some ideas of items, but I think you just have to look at the general idea of having more items for sale on traders. What those items are/can do is up for discussion.

Edited by Lycanthropic

big,big,... huge -1 to renaming character, one of the things i like in wurm is the smal comunity and being unable to change names, scammers or griefers have short periods of play time.

i once was the owner of a character named Settler,i really didn't care about it's history as it was a priest and i tought i'll only keep it as a priest, anyway every time ppl saw that character they tought i'm the guy that annoyed them and that i'm lieing when i say i bought the accouunt ,dunno what harm did the original owner do but i can swear that 60%, 70%of the old ppl seeing that name were not trusting it, few of them were not trusting me anymore after seeing i owned that character.

the point is that guy made the harm but he seen no future in the game since he culdn't get away with the harm he done so he quit. now give the same guy the posibility to change the name and see for how long he keeps doing bad things.

PS : maybe this can work if ther's a public list of game characters names and the changes to them so one can easly track if a certain person did change it's name and so on, anyway this would still be wrong sice u can't posibly check every1 before they do the harm.

Edited by viruskiller

Because this things aren´t as easy to do as simply raising the price.

Rolf gives a ###### if anybody is "offended" and obviously didn´t get how stupid his way to get more money was.

But anyway, my deed is payed for 2 years, i got prem for a year.

Who knows if wurm is still alive in 1-2 years with that "managment".

If any product raises its price 60% in one step (or even in a medium period of time) it usually end up in a kick into the ass to the vendor.

Simply because it shows how unable the vendor is.

All this QQ over the price increase of what? 6 euros or something? So 16 euros for 2 months Yeah, it's still one of the most cheap mmos out there. If you can't pay that much then why even play? I for one like the price increase, that way we will have less alts and less deeds cluttering up the world.

Edited by atazs
  • Like 1

Should be for Euros,

as silver seems to go back to the traders/players itself.

• Like 1

All this QQ over the price increase of what? 6 euros or something? So 16 euros for 2 months Yeah, it's still one of the most cheap mmos out there. If you can't pay that much then why even play? I for one like the price increase, that way we will have less alts and less deeds cluttering up the world.

We will have less alts with prem.

That is less money after all, even with 60% more IF the existing mains will still pay.

Are people like you and the other "supporters" of this madness are so stupid or just unable to do simple math?

Deed cluttering will be less, again that is less money for Rolf.

But well, i waste my time with people who got an iq of below 80 here.

• Like 2

1. Because that would defeat the purpose of them being rare and christmas gifts. They were gifts from rolf remember?

2. I guess that would be cool but i don't see it happening because then griefers/spies etc would just change names. This wouldn't work especially not on pvp servers.

3. -1. How would that map cope with the ever changing enviroment of wurm? Maybe a player made map but not something that you buy.

4. +1

5. http://www.wurmpedia...th_of_knowledge Check at lvl 9. Even then its pointless because they have 3x skillgain so you get them back really fast.

6. http://www.wurmpedia...ath_of_insanity Again lvl 9 sure its random but then check at lvl 12. Every path has the ability to teleport back to their deed. Then there is also suicide...Wurm does not need more fast travel options than that.

7. A what? DLC? No,no and a big no.

This game shouldn't have more p2w features that make the game easier for those who have a lot of money.

1. they would be still gift, if you have to pay to get them wont by gift anymore.

2.griefer would change name often you thing if it cost 50$ ???

4 try to get .0250 in plate smiting at 90skill even at x3 rate

6. why not was long as it only for being able to build the epic stuff i dont see why we shoud not have this

Edited by BlGpapa

A better bet would be to make it a purchase from the Wurm Store only. That way, RLM is going into Rolf's pocket, not Wurm Money circulating around, unless it was a true money sink and took the silver out of the game permanently.

• Like 2

A better bet would be to make it a purchase from the Wurm Store only. That way, RLM is going into Rolf's pocket, not Wurm Money circulating around, unless it was a true money sink and took the silver out of the game permanently.

that a really good idea indeed

Isnt silver spend on traders taken out of the game already? I thought it was only upkeep-silver that went to the King? I'm probably wrong XD

+1 Jarosz, people would just buy silver from people with silver as usual who have had hoards for years. Most of the wealth in wurm is held by a few.

Flip the gifts! Rolf should exploit the desirability of them to raise money for the maintenance of the game. He should add them as trader items and sell them for (reasonable) coin.

Isnt silver spend on traders taken out of the game already? I thought it was only upkeep-silver that went to the King? I'm probably wrong XD

not all items on a trader are money sink items. If you buy a "fur" off a trader with coin, that coin goes into the same "Upkeep Pool" that all Traders pull from... it might even be a different pool altogether. But it gets circulated around traders. (that way, you can't just sit in front of a trader and buy all the items off of it with the same coin being handed back)

I bet majority of gifts changed the owner anyway. They were gifts (=given for free), but it doesn't mean they can't be sold.

People have been suggesting "Cash shop" items since the first announcement of the price change (and even before that). It just doesn't seem to take..

And about them items being gifts, tell that to people amassing Spyglasses so they can have monopoly of the price they sell them for, that argument would be valid if people weren't already selling them, or there weren't servers that can't have access to those items, simply because its impossible to take them into those.

Edited by ReaverKane

Lol yes because what wurm needs is more pay to win features.

This idea offends almost every wurm player but OP.

Edited by Judicator
  • Like 1

Lol yes because what wurm needs is more pay to win features.

This idea offends almost every wurm player but OP.

You can easily have a cash shop that isn't pay to win.

Stuff like magical chests already give you impossible advantages without it, but i don't see anyone losing their sleep over them.

Thats just the prejudiced mentality people have about free-to-play and cash shop games.

• Like 1

LMAO. Gotta love this backward attitude. Yeah, let's have fewer players so there's even less money to run the game. Yeah, that sure will work. More Bizzaro World stuff.

• Like 3

LMAO. Gotta love this backward attitude. Yeah, let's have fewer players so there's even less money to run the game. Yeah, that sure will work. More Bizzaro World stuff.

Cause some people didn't get past the phase where they think the world revolves around them.

adding gnomes and spyglass -1....the rarity of those items are somewhat of a status symbol and in some cases due to large glitches,making it so anyone can have them cheaply would diminish that i think

in game map+1...easy enough to find out where you are with the community maps but an in game with a "you are here" would be nice for the less experianced explorers

cheaper magic chests -1...they arnt that bad if you have the skills to make money or a trader,most high level crafters have at least 1...i have a total of 4 inc 1 just for my merchant

they are also expensive so everyone doesnt have 1,they can be very useful and if they got to cheap it would make the damage over time mechanic somewhat useless imo

renaming toons big -1...this would be to easily abused by griefers and thieves to get the chance to strike again,as is the community alerts ea other of most people who scam or grief thus detering the instances

avoid skill loss when you die...actually kinda indiffererant on this one,most people who have high enough skills to worry about a death also have enough fs/armor to avoid it

teleport +1...just cause im lazy and hate to travel :P

DLC for epic building +1...i would love obelisks and such,downside is then epic players will probably nerd rage since thats 1 perk of playing epic

Interesting but mostly useless idea, as Rolf's new taxes cost him every month. These items would not provide enough extra stable income every month to cover the costs. Most of the ideas are 1 shot items that most players would not buy very often if at all. And I also do not believe in pay to win either.