Sign in to follow this  
Karellean

Epic Campaign Server Concept Pvp

+1 from me as well.

Reset Elevation into a campaign server, leave home servers and player stats alone and stop the stupid mission system. Have scenarios linked to deities if you want, but -make it big or go home. I'm gloriously bored making 500 pegs for some goddess that has no use for them or killing nogumps that pray on noobs.

Make the campaign server full of such mobs (dragons, cyclops, drakespirit /eaglespirit, nogump, hill giants,etc) instead of bear and crap, and let us fight those on our own choice -not to defend a laggy spawn-town.

HOTA and Valrei missions were really poor efforts -it needs to be bigger, longer, harder. On ever-changing maps, without superdeeds, without also home-server support.

I'd roll in for that.

Yes please. I'm tired of traveling into the wilderness on Elevation to cut down a tree, and watch my enemies get better gear lol.

Thanks for the Postive Thumbs up from many ... re-energising what I feared was an otherwise dead thread and a few hours work going to cyberspace....

Edited by Karellean

Good ideas overall. I played an indie mmo called Star Sonata 2 for awhile.  Its a top down spaceship rpg action trader type game but in general there was a huge universe map with tons of planets you could build bases on, mine resources, control etc.  But the universe would regularly get reset 2-3 times a year and it does a lot to keep the game fresh. Your char skills and ships (gear) stay but the reset adds a fresh "land rush" frontier aspect to the game that keeps things new and prevents early established players from gaining too much control over territory.   The curve aspect on epic would help mitigate this some for the rebuilding, and they could tweak this even more if they started doing these type of resets.   Even if they only did this with elevation it would be a nice change.

This is how epic was supposed to be. Atleast its what i thought it was supposed to be.