Sign in to follow this  
DoctorAngus

Java Web Start Error, Wurm Log-In Won't Load.

Hi guys,

my wurm was fine for a while and now I can't even load the startup (log in) screen. I'm pretty sure it's my java and not wurm but I'm not sure how to fix it.It's technically not a crash so I don't get a system report. I have java uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, and verified that it works on the browser. I have exhausted my efforts and now reach out to the community. Let me explain what happens.

When I click wurmclient, I instantly get an error 'ding' and a message,

Titled: 'Javaâ„¢ Web Start 10.21.2.11 -fcs', that says

"Error encountered while invoking Java Web Start (SysExec)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" followed by an [OK].

I press [OK] and I see the wurm logo screen but then it disappears and the log-in never loads.

I have Windows 8, Java 7 -update 21 (latest upate as of 4/29/2013).

As a side note, I cannot run-> javaws -viewer. This also gives me an error, thus leading me to believe it's java web starter problem. It has the same exact text box Error as described above.

I don't expect to find the answer miraculously, but I am unable to play wurm because of this and would hope it resolves on its own. Until then I must fight the fight and try to discover a cure to this problem. I would appreciate any input or suggestions.

Another side note: I cannot run unstable client either, same problem.

-DoctorAngus (Deliverance)

If you get a button labeled Details then you should click that an post the detailled error report.

I had a similar problem (dont remember the details) a couple of nights ago and, while I was about to post the detailed error, the game started up fine anyway. Took me a few attempts though. Maybe a 5 minute time period.

No Details button, just OK. It's very vague problem.

I have solved the issue and got wurm to work. I uninstalled Java 7 and reinstalled the latest java 6 version, now wurm loads fine and i can play. Most likely its the new update for java 7 thats bugged. So I'll be running Java 6 for now until they resolve it on Oracle's end.

Solved: Uninstalled Java 7 and reinstalled Java 6