Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

In-Game Premium Time Will Remain At 10 Silver

Dear Wurmers!

After some internal discussion regarding the price increase for premium time, we've decided to keep in-game premium time purchase priced at 10 Silver but with an exception. Moving forward, we've decided not to offer free sleeping powder when using the in-game purchasing in order to avoid the potential for players exploiting this lower cost for game time. We want to create a choice for players that will make it easy for anyone to continue enjoying wurm.

For those of you who continue purchasing your premium time from the store you'll start receiving sleeping powder after the price increase, and we'd like to remind you that you can earn additional silvers through the online shop by taking surveys. You also have the ability to follow the post at http://forum.wurmonl...every-10-euros/ to generate a bit of extra silver for yourself which is not available when buying time directly in-game. These additional options provide an added benefit to purchasing from the store as opposed to buying time directly in game which we hope may offset your concerns on an increased price.

I've noticed that we haven't had a big drop in premium accounts since the initial announcement was made. Thanks for sticking with us through this transition!

Rolf

• Like 24

I've noticed that we haven't had a big drop in premium accounts since the initial announcement was made.

wat. It's not even been a month since it was announced, hardly enough time to see what the trend is going to be. Perhaps you are taking this a bit too lightly, perhaps i'm still rump rustled, time will tell

Edited by san_tropez
  • Like 6

I've noticed that we haven't had a big drop in premium accounts since the initial announcement was made. Thanks for sticking with us through this transition!

Wait a year, when people haven't stock piled the cheaper price. Then see where it sits. It's a bit too early to be discounting that quite yet.

• Like 4

Do you mean 10 silver for ingame purchasing?

My premium is up May 7 on 2 chars and May 25 on another , then you will see what happens.

Umm yeah..never been paid from one of those rip-offs yet..and I did several when I began...!

and IIRC you stated earlier that you were no longer offering that option...Ill edit when I find the post...

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/77107-rewardtool-removed/

we'd like to remind you that you can earn additional silvers through the online shop by taking surveys

Edited by Emane
  • Like 1

Wait a year, when people haven't stock piled the cheaper price. Then see where it sits. It's a bit too early to be discounting that quite yet.

I think what Rolf means is that we haven't had ragequits and that quite a lot of players have been relatively understanding about the change. Basically, plenty of people are prepared to stick around :)

we'd like to remind you that you can earn additional silvers through the online shop by taking surveys.

Lies, you may be able to complete them but they never pay out, ever.

• Like 2

I think what Rolf means is that we haven't had ragequits and that quite a lot of players have been relatively understanding about the change. Basically, plenty of people are prepared to stick around :)

How exactly can you ragequit, outside asking Rolf for a refund I guess? And even then, the general opinion on the forum is mostly a vocal minority, always been like that. You can always tell yourself that everything is going to be alright, but I would let the actual numbers do the talking once those 2 months subscriptions start running out

Edited by san_tropez
  • Like 2

Rolf

Umm...most havent had time run out yet...and how many prepaid? That be a closer indicator of what is 'likely' to happen....

There's an increase in long-term premium purchases. To me that constitutes sticking around for which I am glad.

• Like 3

There's an increase in long-term premium purchases. To me that constitutes sticking around for which I am glad.

At least until that prepaid time runs out..then we shall see the truth of what comes.....

we've decided to keep in-game premium time purchase priced at 10 Euros

That should say 10 Silver correct??

Anyhow I think it was a wise choice to make the sleep powder for shop payments only.

That will make it more likely some players will choose to pay at the shop rather than deal with the alts and referral system.

Good luck again with the changes and I can't wait to see the new updates coming up this next month!

Lies, you may be able to complete them but they never pay out, ever.

When I first started, I took one of the surveys and was surprised to find out that it did indeed payout.

Anyhow I think it was a wise choice to make the sleep powder for shop payments only.

That will make it more likely some players will choose to pay at the shop rather than deal with the alts and referral system.

Good luck again with the changes and I can't wait to see the new updates coming up this next month!

Yikes!

That's correct, 10 Silver, NOT 10 Euros when purchased in-game.

I believe so. The thread title says silver, it was just a typo in the body of the post.

Edit: As saytheb confirmed that one post above mine, I'll edit the OP to reflect it too.

Wouldn't that just be people stocking up on premium so they don't have to pay the extra few euro?

Shame there is no mention of keeping cost of silver coins the same. Bonus to me too I suppose.

Yep, the players have no intention of leaving anytime soon and wanted to take advantage of a limited time deal. Buying a years worth of premium is a reasonable evidence of commitment. In contrast to the opposing alternative where they disband deed, maybe post a rage quit rant, and leave for another game.

I didn't think folks would quit over eur price for premium. But the long term affects on markets with the increased prices are a different story.

Re:surveys - I got up towards a silver for watching a video about a month ago. Took like 2 minutes iirc. If it doesn't work, contact their customer support so they can ensure the sites using them don't upset you.

Basically they too want payouts and will try to deliver. But sure if it feels like too much hassle it may not be for you.

Umm yeah..never been paid from one of those rip-offs yet..and I did several when I began...!

and IIRC you stated earlier that you were no longer offering that option...Ill edit when I find the post...

http://forum.wurmonl...rdtool-removed/

we'd like to remind you that you can earn additional silvers through the online shop by taking surveys

There used to be two different reward tools. The Blvd Media only offered these shady "try out farmville / get a mobile phone today and earn some irons" deals that never worked. That one was removed.

The Super rewards tool however is a proper tool that handles credit card and other alternative payment options. The surveys and advertising options they offer can be expected to be genuine as well.

Edited by Keldun

I am sure that everyone is finding it difficult to make ends meet with costs rising everywhere. It would be very easy for Rolf to raise prices and blame it on x,y and z. Thank you for keeping the premium at 10s.

The increase in premium/silver purchases is due to people locking in a discount from the new rates, which is a clear indication that people will prepay at a discount, and something that should always be offered on the web shop. People are not likely to rage quit if they have already prepaid to be here and there are no refunds, and if they think they will be here months from now they are more likely to prepay with a discount than without.

Edited by yarnevk

So you increase the price for everyone except the people that been leeching from the community for years, in fact you reward these parasites by not increasing the in game 10s price. You do not even acknowledge the fact that trader leeching has always been a "feature" that was abused.

Go ###### yourself.

I am out once my 2 months remaining premium are gone.