Sign in to follow this  
Zazz

How Many Accounts Will You Leave Unpremiumed After The New Change?

How many accounts will you leave unpremmed after new changes?  

248 members have voted

1. 1. How many accounts will you leave unpremmed after new changes?

• 8 or more
    • none, i continue supporting Code Club AB by keeping all accounts premmed.

just repremmed today, my alt, he doesn't deserve premium

• Like 1

I don't see how anyone can spend time on one character let alone two, and still be able to pay for it.

If you can, then why complain at all.

Gonna spend my time playing rather than complaining about a price increase that is still cheap for what you get.

Pretty much in the end I will keep 2-3 accounts and rotate 3 others as I need them I will prem.

This summer might see a short break though for me until fall, because of RL issues, moving, etc..

18+2*22+3*7+4*8+5*2+6*1+7*0+8*5

As of 70 votes in, a minimum of 171 alts let go when they run out. Only 15 alts need to prepay for a year to offset these formerly premium alts. Wise decision on Rolfs part to allow the prepay discount, because the impact of the change will not be seen for year by Rolf, but it has immediate impact on not renewing to our wallets.

Edited by yarnevk

The poll seems a little meaningless to me, a more meaningful question would be "How many accounts will you unprem?"

I'm dropping all my 35 accounts.

Thata all??? nah you still got some spies ones hiding somewhere... ^_^

Tbh the price change will not affect me, at least in terms of how many accounts I keep premed.

The poll seems a little meaningless to me, a more meaningful question would be "How many accounts will you unprem?"

Its the way I voted, I read 'leave unpremium' to be bad grammar, with the meaning that when your premium expires, you do not intend to renew their premium. You can't delete accounts that have been premium, so you are just leaving your account there to be used (or not) as a f2p. You also cannot request a refund to go unpremium, you have to wait for your premium fund to leaves the account.

Which is why the prepay is an excellent idea because without refunds, you cannot know how many actually quit if you just count the total which includes 12 month prepays or just two months left to go before you leave premium, both look like they are sticking with the game, when the facts are both might quit when that cheap premium runs out. Only those whose premium already ran out would get counted as quitting.

Edited by yarnevk

I have over 10 accounts but only premium about 6 at most at a time, and I know people with a lot more accounts they use than me, so having 8 accounts premium im sure aint that rare on pvp servers.

If this poll is right then Wurm could get really big troubles out of this...

I only have one account premmed because my lifestyle in Wurm is more or less extremely expensive :D so I will continue on the account Sklo and maybe add one to my collection.

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

I never used more than 1 character. Finally this price increase will cut down on a lot of alts which i am glad for.

• Like 1

If this poll is right then Wurm could get really big troubles out of this...

How so? As i see it the vast majority of voters are keeping their alts...

Everyone seems to worry about old players staying. I wonder how the increased price will affect new premium accounts creation.

Everyone seems to worry about old players staying. I wonder how the increased price will affect new premium accounts creation.

Probably it wont because they didn't know it was cheaper before.

• Like 1

Probably it wont because they didn't know it was cheaper before.

No, but instead of answering "do I want to pay 5e/month for this?" they will make a decision regarding 8e.

It's been too long, so I can't say if that would change my decision about going premium. But certainly some percentage of potential new players will not join if the price goes 60% up, no?

That is over $10/mo (depending on exchange rate) which makes the game still attractive compared to the us standard MMO pricing of $15/mo (or needed shop upgrades in 'f2p' microtransaction games like inventory slots). Until the player learns that there are game restrictions that encourage having more alts, and that is not player pricing that is character pricing. These restrictions are severe for priests meaning you either have to join a village for support which some finds is a cramp on playstyle, so many are independent. There are also long timers with no animations, which encourage multitasking so you are not bored horribly waiting for the game, which also means more alts (other games encourage alts with skill caps or classes or professions).

Then you learn that if you have a deed that it is not a one time cost, you buy that deed over again every 10 months through paid upkeep, with guards costing you extra. A large deed suitable for a village or several smaller ones for each alt can easily cost as much as premium. So now you look at the player may have a main, a priest, each with a large deed and you find that spending $40/mo is not unusual. That is not a cheeseburger pricing anymore, it will give the new player pause when they first start looking into paying cash for premium because it is not competitive with other MMO games, nor is it competitive to standard single player pricing of $60/game.

Pricing is a very sensitive curve because of competition. You can cut price 10% and get 10x more biz, or you can raise price 10% and lose 90% of your biz, it is not a simple linear function. There are many indie kickstarters just this past year for true open world sandbox which AAA is starting to notice and adding open world sandbox features because nobody wants new games to be associated with the failing WOW MMO genre anymore. There is competition out there for that dollar, so pricing is unimportant only to those addicted and thus unable to make a change.

Edited by yarnevk
  • Like 1

How so? As i see it the vast majority of voters are keeping their alts...

53% is not a 'vast majority', and the survey is flawed because it should have said 'are willing to pay for premium at the new price' Many of those who have renewed premium took advantage of the early notice, but they should not have voted because all they did was prepay a year at the old price, thus the new premium price was not part of their decision making to stay.

53% is not a 'vast majority', and the survey is flawed because it should have said 'are willing to pay for premium at the new price' Many of those who have renewed premium took advantage of the early notice, but they should not have voted because all they did was prepay a year at the old price, thus the new premium price was not part of their decision making to stay.

Yeah, and maybe the ugly one shouldn't vote either, cause they are ugly.

Oh, and don't forget the fat, and maybe just about anyone that wouldn't conform to what you want the world to be, etc, etc.

That is over $10/mo (depending on exchange rate) which makes the game still attractive compared to the us standard MMO pricing of $15/mo (or needed shop upgrades in 'f2p' microtransaction games like inventory slots). Until the player learns that there are game restrictions that encourage having more alts, and that is not player pricing that is character pricing. These restrictions are severe for priests meaning you either have to join a village for support which some finds is a cramp on playstyle, so many are independent. There are also long timers with no animations, which encourage multitasking so you are not bored horribly waiting for the game, which also means more alts (other games encourage alts with skill caps or classes or professions).

Then you learn that if you have a deed that it is not a one time cost, you buy that deed over again every 10 months through paid upkeep, with guards costing you extra. A large deed suitable for a village or several smaller ones for each alt can easily cost as much as premium. So now you look at the player may have a main, a priest, each with a large deed and you find that spending $40/mo is not unusual. That is not a cheeseburger pricing anymore, it will give the new player pause when they first start looking into paying cash for premium because it is not competitive with other MMO games, nor is it competitive to standard single player pricing of $60/game.

Pricing is a very sensitive curve because of competition. You can cut price 10% and get 10x more biz, or you can raise price 10% and lose 90% of your biz, it is not a simple linear function. There are many indie kickstarters just this past year for true open world sandbox which AAA is starting to notice and adding open world sandbox features because nobody wants new games to be associated with the failing WOW MMO genre anymore. There is competition out there for that dollar, so pricing is unimportant only to those addicted and thus unable to make a change.

^^^^^^

Yarnevk explained it well.

^^^^^^

Yarnevk explained it well.

That he did...

Missed it earlier cause of his habit to double post.

Hopefully Rolf weighed his pros and cons.

I had 3 toons for quite some time but had to scale back to 2 since 15eu each month was putting me over my budget (wife and I have monthly entertainment budgets). Now with this increase 2 toons puts me over my budget. So for me I have to decide if I want the second toon bad enough to cut back in other areas of my entertainment or drop it. For now I will probably just prem it up for 2 more months but after that its pretty much up in the air.