Sign in to follow this  
5p34k3r

State Of Chaos?

Greetings all. I am still fairly young in the vast world of Wurm. I currently am mayor of my own deed and have been toying with new ideas.

I was curious if anyone has experience with going between any server and chaos and turning a pretty coin along the trip. God knows there is enough compition in freedom market wise to drive a person crazy :P

I read that chaos servers are pretty quiet these days, bearing this in mind, is there any true benifit to having a deed in chaos and one in freedom isles somewhere?

I would rather ask the veterans of wurm, than find out the hard way, with 10 less silver in my bank :P

Thank you in advance for any tips :D

Regards

BlackAvuli

If you come over to Chaos looking to make money, you'll be dissapointed. People in the PMK's help each other out with discounted or free items/materials/enchants (I can't speak for the Freedom or BL groups [or indeed JK, but I assume that works in a similar way to MR :P ], but they are small groups anyway). In fact, most players on Chaos set up markets and auctions on the rest of Freedom when they want to make money because it is much easier to get good prices for stuff over there.

As far as Chaos in general though, it's far from quiet, plenty of action going on, just not so much of the market variety ;)

• Like 1

;) Chaos peeps help eachother out. Awesome group of people. Won't find much in the ways of $$ making here though.
  • Like 1

Ah, so a green horn (highest skill is 38) should steer clear for a long time them.

That is to bad. Very much appreciate the quick reply :D

so making money is out of the question. what about managing a deed on freedom/chaos (both) Lots of work ofc, but i am finding very little info on this subject :)

Chaos is a more tight-knit community where members of the kingdom help each other out. There is really little to no money to be made if you're looking to open a shop. You probably wouldn't want to live on your own deed either in chaos :). Bad things would happen!

Me and a buddy own several deeds on exo, deli, and we reside in one on chaos. It isnt too bad, just depends on where you live on chaos and freedom.

Edited by Noble

Ah I see. Was hoping I could find a reason to branching out from release. Seems pristine is packed to the nine, and chaos being only other server to travel too.

Truly appreciate all your words of wisdom guys :D I may come to chaos come see what's happening :D

Ah I see. Was hoping I could find a reason to branching out from release. Seems pristine is packed to the nine, and chaos being only other server to travel too.

Truly appreciate all your words of wisdom guys :D I may come to chaos come see what's happening :D

Actually, if you're on Pristine and Release, you can't make it over to Chaos. You'e limited to Pristine, Release and the Epic servers (different skill and item set).

Don't let that stop you from creating a new account to come and see what the fuss is about though :)

really? I guess that makes sense. They plan on massive expansion on the new server clusters? (officially off topic :D)

No, the plan is, at some point, to attach them to the main cluster. We don't know when, and we don't know where they'll be attached. Having said that, I don't know if there's any intention to add more servers to that cluster beforehand too (personally I suspect not, but that's not coming from any insider info - I've been wrong before :P ).

from the Q&A in feb...

[22:13] <@Wossoo> :) What are the plans regarding joinging Pristine and Release to older freedom servers and if this would happen, when?

[22:14] <&Rolf> there is no ETA and it's more probable that we add new servers to those islands before rejoining

so sounds like an extra server or 2 is more likely to happen on the new cluster before joining up

If you plant a deed in chaos by yourself, it will be raided and the money drained, and anything you keep there will be pillaged, destroyed, etc.

You can only reach by boat, and your boat will be taken too. So if I were you, I would make friends in the west side of Deliverance first, wich is the closest freedom port to Chaos. So you can be rescued, and have a close place to prepare for the always scary trip that is going to Chaos.

If you plant a deed in chaos by yourself, it will be raided and the money drained, and anything you keep there will be pillaged, destroyed, etc.

That depends where you build and what Kingdom you decide to be a part of.
  • Like 1

You can only reach by boat, and your boat will be taken too. So if I were you, I would make friends in the west side of Deliverance first, wich is the closest freedom port to Chaos. So you can be rescued, and have a close place to prepare for the always scary trip that is going to Chaos.

The trip is only as scary as you make it. If you do proper prep work, like find a kingdom you want to belong to, and get signed up before you go, and have them give you exact directions, you won't have a problem.

The ones that have issues are the ones that just assume they can sail over here and plant a deed. Those almost always end in disaster. The map is massive, but both kingdoms are a bit paranoid about newcomers and if you play an encounter with them wrong you will be pirated, and killed. Foresight is very important.

Basically think of it this way:

Everything North of the altar of three, (White Light) is in Jenn-Kellon, Everything South of that light is Mol-Rehan. While the practical areas of control are a bit more finite, that is the basic theory of our territory. If your looking for somewhere to go make sure your well within whatever kingdom's territory you choose. A good rule of thumb is to find a large active deed and build at an abandon fortress next to it. There are plenty of those.

both kingdoms are a bit paranoid about newcomers

Excuse me, not paranoid but only cautious

Excuse me, not paranoid but only cautious

Amounts to the same thing, both kingdoms give anyone who is willing to work in good faith a chance. You just have to go about getting that chance correctly.

That depends where you build and what Kingdom you decide to be a part of.

and what you decide to build :D

• Like 1

State of Chaos? Its chaotic.

• Like 1

server.

Seems a little wild over there.

it depends on where you live on the server and how you play. I'm one of the many "Weaponized Carebears" that live around the server. I don't mind pvp, but in reality I rarely see it outside the war fronts. I don't have to dispute property rights, and people are generally rather polite to each other less someone gets angry and grabs a catapult. Even then we really don't tolerate intra-kingdom conflict we mostly focus our energy in fighting the JK.

Also with the PMKs we rarely have to worry about thieves the ones who do steal are just kicked out, and then almost everything in our territory, players, guards, even the damm gorillas/boars try to kill them if they come back. You just aren't given membership in the kingdom by selecting some teleport stone. its a privilege to be part of a PMK, not a right.

In all this adds up to a pretty interesting system. We get a lot of weekend warriors from Freedom, and some who have been playing a long time and just want to mix it up and use their skills in a different environment

Me... I've always lived on this server and couldn't imagine living anywhere else. It's not about the PvP, its about the community. Its having the freedom to do what you want, and working with some of best leaders I've ever worked with.

• Like 1