Sign in to follow this  
Skyhawk

Wood Scrap

How about using wood scrap as if it were log?

You can combine leather scrap and sew it into reduced ql leather.

You can combine small pieces of lump into larger, and remelt scrap metal back into lump.

for over a 1000 years woodworkers and carpenters have recycled bits of wood into "composite" but not in wurm....

I will point out that scrap metal does not exist anymore. And I don't believe that doing this idea would serve a real purpose. As it is very easy to attain more wood instead of wanting to recombine scraps. I will also say that people rarely re-sew the leather scraps back together as the quality of them is very unhelpful, and also takes a lot of scraps to attain a good chunk of leather.

wow, you must just drop all the woodscrap and leather pieces into trash bins or let them rot. I have almost 1k woodscrap in 1 bin alone. When making leather items, the creation quality is about 11ql no matter what leather I use, might as well use the low ql to make the stuff and the high to imp it.

But mabye you are right, cutting down more trees and being wasteful might be more efficient.

Nice idea but not an essential personally I just use them as fuel which is a realistic way of dealing with all the odds and ends that come out of a builders/carpenters yard.

wow, you must just drop all the woodscrap and leather pieces into trash bins or let them rot. I have almost 1k woodscrap in 1 bin alone. When making leather items, the creation quality is about 11ql no matter what leather I use, might as well use the low ql to make the stuff and the high to imp it.

But mabye you are right, cutting down more trees and being wasteful might be more efficient.

There was no reason to get sarcastic, I simply stated my opinion on the matter. Being sarcastic like that simply shows your lack of arguments for the matter. If you had actually read through what I said you would notice nowhere do I say that I throw scraps into trash bins or let them rot. I am an extremely active Leather Worker and I create many a leather scrap, looking into my bsb, and removing the scraps, it creates a leather or two, not a whole lot, so I would say that it is rarely used and it is easier just to acquire large amounts more.

Also, I place all of my woodscraps into the bsb for forge fuel, which I can guarantee you that is what everyone else uses them for. People who use Carpentry a lot would have the necessary timber on hand to make whatever they please, and anyone whom is not active with Carpentry would not care much and thus would have very few woodscraps. In addition there is nothing wrong with cutting down trees as needed, so it isn't wasteful if someone were to cut a few trees down to use.

Just so you know I have nearly 23k of woodscraps in my bsb, but I have tons of timber, and most of Carpentry is creating a lot of raw materials or pieces like those for a boat that you are not able to improve, so woodscraps even if used like Leather Working would be useless to use because of the low quality.

As a mag priest I'll let you know that making kindling is one of only two ways I can gain body stamina... 23k of kindling is what I'd make from that woodscrap.... And from there 23k camp fires.

As a mag priest I'll let you know that making kindling is one of only two ways I can gain body stamina... 23k of kindling is what I'd make from that woodscrap.... And from there 23k camp fires.

Not questioning your methods but um mining?

Mining doesn't hit body stamina in epic

Making kindling or grinding grain are the only 2 ways my mag priest can get body stam on epic...

I dont think wood scraps should be made into anything other than firewood.

if there is going to be a change on woodscraps i would vote for removing them,but seems like that would be a problem for some people(like that priest on epic)

Woodscraps are a deffinately commodity. Any decent mine forge had a few thousand in a bsb beside it.

Combine 15, carve one kindling from it, burn the left over 21 kilos in the forge. Way more economical in a deed. One carpenter can keep 3 smiths and a miner in good supply of fire wood.

I vote we keep them just the way they are.,. Well except perhaps increasing Thier decay rate when sitting on the ground.

Ahh forgot about that on epic, fair point :)

• Like 1

what about using wood scraps to make particle boards ?

particle boards could be used in future items that devs come up with.

Also using wood scraps to make paper that can be then dyed to make wrapping paper?

Would hate to get rid of the wood scraps as handy for a few things from fences to fuel, but a couple of extra uses would be nice