Sign in to follow this  
Manifestation

Adamantine Vs Iron Longsword Test Results

I went onto the test server, I had the following skills set :

Fighting - 70

Normal Fighting - 70

Longswords - 70

I had a pen created with bison spawned within (thanks to darkfilo for the help), I had an adamantine sword and an Iron sword spawned (90ql each).

I killed 10 bison with the iron sword first, then 10 with the adamantine sword.

I took all of the logs and parsed them to find the following results.

Iron :

Total swings=420

Hits=199

Misses=44

Glances=116

Parries=120

Hardest hit=5531

Weakest hit=1272

Average damage=4171.80

Adamantine :

Total swings=456

Hits=203

Misses=51

Glances=128

Parries=131

Hardest hit=5539

Weakest hit=1082

Average damage=4018.94

Here's the raw data:

Adamantine

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=zuGFvuvb

Iron

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=RdfJVt9k

Edited by Manifestation
  • Like 5

Try Glimmersteel instead of Adamantine. However, all Glimmer is going to do is give you a shorter swing timer.

Try Glimmersteel instead of Adamantine. However, all Glimmer is going to do is give you a shorter swing timer.

We know glimmer works though, the point of this test was to provide hard evidence toward the functionality of adamantine.

Be interesting to see the results on steel and rare iron / steel in comparison as well.

Be interesting to see the results on steel and rare iron / steel in comparison as well.

I could do something like that, I'd just need a GM to spawn me the weps and a pile of critters to bash.

Aye never heard anything official that Ada is meant to improve a weapon, at least in terms of swing timers and dmg dealt.

from what i've heard adamantine is supposed to do more damage but as these tests show, it doesn't

I think I'm the only one to use an adamantine sword also in pvp and I can assure you it is a sword like the other, there are no differences.

• Like 1

Yeah adamantine doesnt add damage and if anything actually does less o.o

Be nice to see this fixed :)

Can you repeat your test for a a larger sample size? Thanks.

Rolf said when he put the two new metal types into the game that Glimmersteel would make weapons/tools work faster and adamantine would make weapons do more damage. Also that both would function the same in armour as about 30% stronger than iron iirc.

From what i've seen and what Manifestation has proved:

Glimmersteel works fine

Adamantine works like iron weapons that take less damage.

Glimmersteel also appears slightly stronger as armour for whatever reason.

We've repeatedly told Rolf about this and on two seperate occasions he has checked the code and promised us that Adamantine is working as intended. Either he's wrong or it's intended to be not worth using in weapons.

Edited by Nadroj

Good job.

Turns out the extra 5% damage applied only was effective when destroying stuff like walls and fences. Fixing so that it's properly applied in combat as well.

• Like 5

It was only 5%? O.o Guess glimmersteel remains a thousand times better than adamantine. Thanks for fixing this Rolf they were ridiculously useless for a long time !

• Like 1

Good job.

Turns out the extra 15% damage applied only was effective when destroying stuff like walls and fences. Fixing so that it's properly applied in combat as well.

fixed it for you rolf ;)

Rolf said when he put the two new metal types into the game that Glimmersteel would make weapons/tools work faster and adamantine would make weapons do more damage. Also that both would function the same in armour as about 30% stronger than iron iirc.

From what i've seen and what Manifestation has proved:

Glimmersteel works fine

Adamantine works like iron weapons that take less damage.

Glimmersteel also appears slightly stronger as armour for whatever reason.

We've repeatedly told Rolf about this and on two seperate occasions he has checked the code and promised us that Adamantine is working as intended. Either he's wrong or it's intended to be not worth using in weapons.

This info really needs to be added to the wiki. I've looked glimmersteel and adamantine up before, saw nothing to show that they do anything special except give a different colored model. Anyone with the original info that could put it on wiki please, so it doesn't get lost over time?

Edited by leaf

About this is there a way to spawn rare stuff. I would really like to see how rare armour compares with normal armour. Would test it myself since its easy (since on the test server it gives the dmg multiplier straight away) if i could get the rare armour