Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Destruction Wand

This suggestion comes out of pure frustration. I planted my token on an abandoned deed with tons of hedges, walls, fences, etc. Even with the mayor bonus, it is taking me forever to destroy the unwanted remnants of the previous occupant.

I would pay money for a Destruction Wand sold by traders which would provide mayors (only mayors inside their own deed tiles) the ability to destroy any wall, hedge, fence, gate, forge, oven, weapon racks, etc. with a single use of the wand. Maybe the wand would be loaded with 10 charges (10 item's worth of destruction power) for say 1 silver. It would really help clean up the deed so I can get on with the business of making it exactly like I want it without wasting days and weeks destroying all this stuff.

and Rolf makes money to boot. :)

Suppose that would leave troll clubs & catapults as the poor man's tool?

Dunno if I would give it 10 charges but mayor only within deed rights would have to be a must.

It's called levelling your BStr, with 50ish BStr and a mid ql lg maul I was popping pretty much everything in 2-3 hits

try doing that with 90 quality hedges....my body strength is 36 and with a fresh club or 50q maul, I am only getting 3 points of damage per action WITH the mayor bonus... that's pathetic...

• Like 1

I'm given to understand axes are the way to go with hedges?

Having said that, I'm not averse to an idea such as you suggest for PvE servers only.

Swords work wonders on hedges. (Best not to use your best one of course)

I was replacing some hedges with camellia ones yesterday. I didn't even prune them back from prime, and they were falling in 2-4 chops from a ~35QL hatchet. But my ~65QL large maul wasn't doing nearly as much damage. That maul takes out ~41QL iron fences in 5-6 hits though. Body strength near 50 (49.98 come onnnnn) helps a lot.

i watched a bunch of raiders using sythes on my hedges the other day couldnt hurt to try. but this item sounds like a good idea to me would save me a ton of trouble as well.

Yeah, I realize now a little learning goes a long way. I was able to use a sickle to prune my hedges to low then I used a club to bash them down in 1-2 hits. I never realized logical tool choices actually matter sometimes in Wurm, lol.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I still think a destruction wand would be a useful "tool" for mayors to keep deeds cleaned up.

Cheers.

• Like 1

As an aside, watch the damage on the tools. I got a 100coc cast on a hatchet for an order I was fulfilling. I heard later that the person it had been given to was chopping down some hedges, not watching the dmg, and it broke :P

I used my huge axe on my hedges. did 2 and it had 98 dmg at 20 ql.