Sign in to follow this  
Emane

Removal Of Salvage Rule Wtf?

From what i understand, if you can drive it away or use it, you can pretty much take it, You wont get the ownership changed you either get a crippled ship or if its not locked a full ship

Pretty much the whole :secure it or lose it

This also means if you leave a ship in a deed and its not your that ship will be locked in place, Thats just what i understood i can be wrong

IC...so what is going to become of the "Freedom Community Trust Fund" that was supposed to be being saved to fund 'activities'. People paid into that fund and that I know of it was never used as stated ...

Edited by Emane
  • Like 1

I actually understood that they replace the actual salvage forum way with an ingame mechanic one....so there is no "owner" to a boat anymore but instead, the keyholder is the owner and manages the permissions....if i understood this correctly, it also means we can sell boatkeys now on merchants without having to worry about "ownership" :D yay

Where did you see that? I didn't catch that from what I have seen. Will make buying boats a very risky business unless you change the locks yourself after purchase.

I think it pretty much means that whoever takes your boat has it until you find it back. A gm wont change the ownership of it anymore so you can never really 100% "steal" aboat, but you also dont have a foot to stand on if your boat goes missing

So your up a creek without a paddle for crossing server with them now , unless your the full owner.

Since you cant if name isent on it in the first place.

Im still not happy about all these inactive boats on my deeds that will probably never be moved, gm's should at least move them off your deed for you

• Like 1

I think what this means is that since they now added a pop-up window telling you to secure your boat, then having an unsecured boat is your responsibility, and there will be no more GM intervention.

Of course this also means that if you want to take true possession of abandoned ships you can't.

Im still not happy about all these inactive boats on my deeds that will probably never be moved, gm's should at least move them off your deed for you

If you ask a GM via /support they will move the boat out of your deed.

Edited by ReaverKane

I actually understood that they replace the actual salvage forum way with an ingame mechanic one....so there is no "owner" to a boat anymore but instead, the keyholder is the owner and manages the permissions....if i understood this correctly, it also means we can sell boatkeys now on merchants without having to worry about "ownership" :D yay

ok...so what happens to those that either dont have, lost or bought a boat minus the key? As an "owner" the keys werent really necessary but if what you say here is true then a lot of us will be screwed and I personally will have 4 useless boats.

The key will not change the ownership. However, with the key they could come get the boat and drive it away since they could unlock the boat.

ok...so what happens to those that either dont have, lost or bought a boat minus the key? As an "owner" the keys werent really necessary but if what you say here is true then a lot of us will be screwed and I personally will have 4 useless boats.

Well, if you don't have the keys that was always bad, cause having the keys even if the owner doesn't give you permission, you can use the boat, and what's worse, remove the lock, which invalidates all permissions.

But afaik, everything remains the same in-game, only thing that changes is that now upon producing a new boat, you get a pop-up window telling you to secure it, or you might lose it.

And that warning apparently was deemed enough to invalidate the whole salvage thing.

From http://forum.wurmonl...al/#entry790100

I must ask...then are GMs till going to come remove locks and change ownership on 'salvaged' ships to the claimant can use/sell said boat that was found improperly secured?

No, there will be no salvage process. If you can drive it and use it, go for it, just be aware that if it's not in your name and you put a lock on it, you then won't be able to use it.

IC...so what is going to become of the "Freedom Community Trust Fund" that was supposed to be being saved to fund 'activities'. People paid into that fund and that I know of it was never used as stated ...

We still have all that money and the amount has been kept track of, and it will be used for something in due course.

Nope, there are no planned mechanics chanes at this time.

So your up a creek without a paddle for crossing server with them now , unless your the full owner.

Since you cant if name isent on it in the first place.

We may need to look in to server changing mechanics in more detail.

If they're blocking deed construction, we will move them for you.

Another question....Can an unlocked and unmoored boat then be secured with lock/anchor by another person, making them the 'owner' in every sense other than the name etching?

If someone other than the owner locks them, that does not allow them access to the permissions screen.

It would stop others from using the boat, IF the permissions are set correctly.

we can sell boatkeys now on merchants without having to worry about "ownership" :D yay

This can't work until we're able to set prices on original keys; unless you wanted to sell all your boats for 1 copper. ;)

If someone other than the owner locks them, that does not allow them access to the permissions screen.

It would stop others from using the boat, IF the permissions are set correctly.

In fact if you're not the owner you can't lock it at all... I found the keys to the boats of an abandoned settlement, and unlocked one of them, when i tried to lock it again (so it would be safer) couldn't cause i wasn't the owner.

This can't work until we're able to set prices on original keys; unless you wanted to sell all your boats for 1 copper. ;)

Doesn't work at all, because ownership is still a thing.

Yea Yea. All this. But no explanation on why to remove Salvaging???

Was one of the best things about the game to me. Next.... we wont be able to loot decaying houses....There goes all the treasure hunting. :(

So many changes to the game at once. And I am feeling "not for the better". We now will have to pay more for a uncompleted/slightly broken game. Then they start removing some of the best parts of it. Not to mention the inability to fix bugs. - I left Exodus do to the house bug there, it started about a month ago -

If I didnt know better I'd say that they were trying to KILL the game. :angry: -Price hike- Bad unfixed bugs- removal of fun game mechanics-

WHAT NEXT???

I hope the higher up know that they are starting to drive people away....

Ok, Glad I got that out. :D

Maybe boats without locks should decay 2x faster with the salvage part gone now?

Yea Yea. All this. But no explanation on why to remove Salvaging???

Was one of the best things about the game to me. Next.... we wont be able to loot decaying houses....There goes all the treasure hunting. :(

So many changes to the game at once. And I am feeling "not for the better". We now will have to pay more for a uncompleted/slightly broken game. Then they start removing some of the best parts of it. Not to mention the inability to fix bugs. - I left Exodus do to the house bug there, it started about a month ago -

If I didnt know better I'd say that they were trying to KILL the game. :angry: -Price hike- Bad unfixed bugs- removal of fun game mechanics-

WHAT NEXT???

I hope the higher up know that they are starting to drive people away....

Ok, Glad I got that out. :D

Actually, you can still loot/steel/raid/comandeer/salvage unsecure boats. Simply the whole GM supervised recovery system is shut down, as will probably be the changing of ownership. So you can still run around with someone else's boat, just can't take ownership after 2 months and some silver.

And this was explained weeks ago.

Maybe boats without locks should decay 2x faster with the salvage part gone now?

Don't see why. Not like they last less or longer with salvage system. Most times it just changes parking spaces.

Edited by ReaverKane
  • Like 1

I guess the main reason it to take workload off the staff making one less thing that they are required to do when they are available making more time for other support calls. Seems okay to me you are given a warning now when you build one i guess so makes sense to take it out and gives a little more need for boat builders too.

Edited by Kegan

One thing is for sure anyone that makes boats for others should be revered as the saintly people they are...

Well i guess there will be more work for boatbuilders now since salvage was a way to recycle abandoned ships, not a bad thing, but please if the owner hasn´t logged in more that 45 days make the decay scale as in houses.

Well i guess there will be more work for boatbuilders now since salvage was a way to recycle abandoned ships, not a bad thing, but please if the owner hasn´t logged in more that 45 days make the decay scale as in houses.

How about unlocked boats lose ownership after 3 months and first person to either command or lock them (whichever sounds the most appropriate to devs) becomes the new owner (allowing them to be recycled as with the old salvage).

Locked ships that keep ownership decay faster (or completely) if owner is not on for 3 months (3 months is the time that takes the game to delete inactive non-prems, so should be a good measure).

Edited by ReaverKane