Sign in to follow this  
Zenoxgear

Owner Of Villa Ii

Yesterday me and my friend wanted to start a new place in the wilderness, to our surprise we found an abandoned home where there used to be a big deed. We used the home as safe house and removed the a badly damaged rock door guarding a mine. To our surprise when we started playing this morning, the house was repaired fully, the mine door replaced and our terraform progress cultivated and overgrown.

Could the person who did that/owns the house "Villa II" please contact me? Our cart is currently stuck in your house, and we'd like to know if you are going to deed this place before we do. If we don't recieve a message from you within 3 days, we will deed over it anyway. ^_^

Loc: West indy, south of N.o. Grizzlam

Can't deed over an existing house unless you hold the writ..

Edited by Silvirwolfe

Can't deed over an existing house unless you hold the writ..

can place deed..then expand perimeter over said house however causing rapid decay and inability to rep it...

And why go and destroy other peoples stuff? if someone came and destroyed my mine door, and terraformed around my house, I wouldnt give them the cart back, or just hand them the writ to my house, I would try to report them... for... something.

And why go and destroy other peoples stuff? if someone came and destroyed my mine door, and terraformed around my house, I wouldnt give them the cart back, or just hand them the writ to my house, I would try to report them... for... something.

Did you miss the part where house was decaying and falling down? Also report for what...Deed it or loose it!

Did you miss the part where house was decaying and falling down? Also report for what...Deed it or loose it!

No broken walls were mentioned, the mine door was "damaged", but they smashed it. I think I missed the parts that werent written.

And Im sure I could come up with something to report... griefing by destroy the mine door? I dont need to get creative, its not my business.

You can destroy mine doors in the wilderness... The damaged part is laughable lol, since they don't show damage.

But yeah, deed the house or make a enclosure.

You can destroy mine doors in the wilderness... The damaged part is laughable lol, since they don't show damage.

But yeah, deed the house or make a enclosure.

Enclosure won't help any if they perimeter over it the house will eventually decay making the enclosure void. At least he is being somewhat nice about it and asking for the guy to contact him before he does deed in the area.

can place deed..then expand perimeter over said house however causing rapid decay and inability to rep it...

True. But it's apparent if they repaired the house and door, they still want the property. It's not very nice to threaten to deed over or throw a perimeter over someone's house and mine just because you want the land and you can. Granted he gave warning and could have done it already. Carts can be rebuilt and I personally wouldn't push someone out of land they have built on. No deed or not. I would just look for a better place to settle.

Edited by Silvirwolfe

Enclosure won't help any if they perimeter over it the house will eventually decay making the enclosure void. At least he is being somewhat nice about it and asking for the guy to contact him before he does deed in the area.

Enclosure would prevent people from going into their house and their mine.

We are not deeding over his place, the perimeter is about 5 tiles away from his house, i just want to have good relations with my neighbours. Also, we destroyed the mine door before we knew someone was still active in the local...

Edit: He also locked the doors while our hitched cart was still inside, so i'm being relatively nice to him right now.

Edited by Zenoxgear

Well mate, after having people bash my mine door, and run around my house, i'd lock it too..

I'm not on either side, don't really care.

But on the house's owner's eyes you're the "jerk(s)" that went around his house, dug his place, and bashed his mine door...

I put "jerks" in quotes because i'm not trying to insult anyone, just illustrate the other guy's possible state of mind.

Edited by ReaverKane

He is being unreasonable in that case, because his house was in a visual state of decay, and there was no sign of life around.

He is being unreasonable in that case, because his house was in a visual state of decay, and there was no sign of life around.

Decay textures hit at 30 damage. Thats like a couple of weeks on low ql houses.

@ReaverKane, you can loose the quotation marks now, I think.

Here is my take on the situation if it were me as the house owner and had put the door on the mine. I guess I wouldn't be too happy that the mine door was bashed down but if it were "badly decayed" whatever that means, it may have just decayed away. Depends one mine door type and then "strenght" remaining on the mine door to give any informed response.

If then I saw oustside signs that others were using the area and found a cart inside my house, I would associate that with the missing mine door. Since I had left the house unlocked, this would mean that I did not care of anyone entered it. I have off deed houses in certain locations that are set to "allow all kingdom to enter" so others can make use of them if they wish. An "unlocked" house is similar to this, so if I returned at a later date to do some repairs there and found your cart with horses attached I certainly wouldn't then be locking the door so you could not take them out when you later returned. As a matter of fact I would absolutely not lock the door, since I would much prefer you return, remove your hitched horse cart from the house, remove all your belongings and move on so that I would not be disturbed further.

If (note *if*) the situation is as you describe it to be, then the step the house owner has taken is just a spiteful one. Now he has just put himself into the position where he has to deal with you further and it makes little sense to me. GM's might need to be involved, posts made on the forums, yadda, yadda, yadda. Pests are best be rid of and then one can continue on with enjoying the game. I have no way of really knowing who is the "pest" in this situation so I reserve my opinion on that.

Anyway, even if I were mad at some perceived injustice done I would allow you to retrieve your belonings from my house, of that I have no doubt. Hopefully the house owner will do the same. By the way, decay on house walls of wood and stone does not showup visually until 60 damage.

=Ayes=

Here is my take on the situation if it were me as the house owner and had put the door on the mine. I guess I wouldn't be too happy that the mine door was bashed down but if it were "badly decayed" whatever that means, it may have just decayed away. Depends one mine door type and then "strenght" remaining on the mine door to give any informed response.

If then I saw oustside signs that others were using the area and found a cart inside my house, I would associate that with the missing mine door. Since I had left the house unlocked, this would mean that I did not care of anyone entered it. I have off deed houses in certain locations that are set to "allow all kingdom to enter" so others can make use of them if they wish. An "unlocked" house is similar to this, so if I returned at a later date to do some repairs there and found your cart with horses attached I certainly wouldn't then be locking the door so you could not take them out when you later returned. As a matter of fact I would absolutely not lock the door, since I would much prefer you return, remove your hitched horse cart from the house, remove all your belongings and move on so that I would not be disturbed further.

If (note *if*) the situation is as you describe it to be, then the step the house owner has taken is just a spiteful one. Now he has just put himself into the position where he has to deal with you further and it makes little sense to me. GM's might need to be involved, posts made on the forums, yadda, yadda, yadda. Pests are best be rid of and then one can continue on with enjoying the game. I have no way of really knowing who is the "pest" in this situation so I reserve my opinion on that.

Anyway, even if I were mad at some perceived injustice done I would allow you to retrieve your belonings from my house, of that I have no doubt. Hopefully the house owner will do the same. By the way, decay on house walls of wood and stone does not showup visually until 60 damage.

=Ayes=

The house is right in the center between 2 deeds, I normally keep it open for people wandering by to log out in safety or to hide from all the trolls in the area.

I locked the house because the mine door had been smashed and I wanted to talk to the people who had done it before they dropped a deed right next to me.

I'm not sure what ql the mine door was, it was 70 when I put it on there.

The house walls were 7-8 damage I usually repair them when they hit 10 damage, and there were planks inside the house waiting to be used for repair.

I did it late yesterday and then went afk for about 5 hours to wait for someone to log in and claim the stuff, figured i'd catch up with them today if I didn't last night.

I locked the house because the mine door had been smashed and I wanted to talk to the people who had done it before they dropped a deed right next to me.

I did it late yesterday and then went afk for about 5 hours to wait for someone to log in and claim the stuff, figured i'd catch up with them today if I didn't last night.

Owner found, thread can be closed.

Good to hear that you both have cleared up this issue. Happy trails.

=Ayes=