Sign in to follow this  
Elen

Little Wurm Moments You Loved

I wanted to make a thread for people to share little moments in thier wurm experience that stuck with them for one reason or another. It doesn't have to be anything huge.

Here are two.

About a year ago, myself and a friend forged a path deep into the woods on celebration to start a town. We killed dozens of bears and spiders to get to this pristine area of woodland. There were no roads, no signs of terraforming or ruins of any type....save one tiny thing. There was a 90ql lamppost sitting there, in the middle of the woods about 20 tiles away from the deed site, surrounded by pine trees. The ground was covered in snow, and the trees were thick. So we called it 'Narnia' and used it as a landmark for like 8 months.

One more much older:

Back in the day, I think it was 05 or 06, I had a deed called Catfish Glen, built nicely into a landbridge between two islands. I built a beautiful little offdeed farm and was happy. Then this meanie-pants newbie came along and started harvesting my field ! I said, "Good sir kindly stop ruining my corn or I shall be forced to take action." .... "The hell with you," he said, "I don't see a lock on the fence." ... So I shot him with several arrows until he ran off and died on the shoreline. Going outlaw was never so sweet, especially when he hopped onto global to try and get people to come after me and everyone on agreed he was a punk.

Edited by Elen

How about little moments that we hate? Like the one i am in right now i am doing an enchanted grass job for a guy and was one tile from done. I asked him to pay me last night because he was never online when i did the enchanting and wanted to leave right after i was done. But he refused to pay me until the job was done and said he would be online today when i was done to pay..well guess what he is is not and i am stuck here waiting for him to log in. :(

Edited by Kegan

How about little moments that we hate? Like the one i am in right now i am doing an enchanted grass job for a guy and was one tile from done. I asked him to pay me last night because he was never online when i did the enchanting and wanted to leave right after i was done. But he refused to pay me until the job was done and said he would be online today when i was done to pay..well guess what he is is not and i am stuck here waiting for him to log in. :(

:( ~ Punks be punkin'

Edited by Elen

Being a freedomer, as a rather new player, I decided to visit Chaos against all advice. I spent a week in there (not by choice, my boat was stolen), I was there with my playing partner and we both took an alt to help us with some work. The little island where I was settled got raided 3 times in a week. But by pure luck I never died, and managed to return to Deli in a stolen sailboat, bleeding from an arrow that I had stuck in the back.

It was great fun surviving!

• Like 1

Good times?

The best memory of Wurm was when I logged in first time and was amazed by the game. I walked about hour - 1,5 hours to the cave, lived there for a week, built a house. If only the CAs would have said that the weight of the casserole feeds you more, not the ammount of berries inside the bowl. :P

Currently I have seen Wurm and I know what kind of game it is. I will never get feeling like that again.

My best moment isn't any one thing in particular. Instead, about once every 3-6 months, I dig up my folder of game screenshots and sit down with a cup of tea. I have over 3000, and going through all of my Wurm memories is so special - from those spiders that ganked me on the road to Green Dog to that picture of the shoreline where my first house was over a year after I left. I get so many surprises from all of them, so many little things I couldn't remember that had happened but that are all part of Wurm.

• Like 1

heh, oh so many to choose from over the years.

Lets see... One of the best I can remember was the first time I went to visit Relentless Chaos back on the old JK-H homeserver. Pacer had this long tunnel switchbacking up the inside of the mountain and we came out on top to a view that was completely amazing. That is still by far one of the nicest places I have ever seen a deed placed. THe view out over the east islands was simply awe-inspiring.

Probably one of the earliest was the first easter event i got to participate in here in wurm. This was before rolf added the whole "forage for your easter egg" thing. There was one bunny who jumped randomly around the server for about a week, laughing madly and leaving eggs about every 10 hops. There were 3 or 4 of us that followed that damn bunny all over the eastern half of the map for most of the week, living off the land, dodging monsters that were way harder to kill than we had a chance at, and tracking the thing by how decayed the eggs were when we stumbled across them.. lol if the eggs were getting more damaged, we were headed in the wrong direction and knew to turn around.

• Like 2

Watching the distant rising dawn while waiting for my food to cook, especially if I had spent the previous ingame night dodging the more powerful critters. Id spend RL weeks living off the land and wandering far from settled areas.

There's been other moments of course, as others have mentioned, they stack up over the years. The tense quiet before an attack. The evil chuckle from a successful swindle or heist, I even enjoyed the planning stages. Leading a pursuing party into the deep woods only to then stalk them one by one.

Edited by Klaa

Three come to mind

Dizzy running around Mirkwood being chased by a wolf not long after she started (alpha days)

The moment Whosville was planted at the start of Gold 2, at last... protection

MR vs JK wars at Purgatory when Horton announced he'd fallen into a mine and was now in a bad combat situation, everyone rushed over and jumped down after him.

Good Times.