Sign in to follow this  
Arndell

Launcher Refuses To Download Graphics & Other Problems

I have been trying to get Wurm to work all day with many if not all of the usual methods:

1. Uninstalled wurm and reinstalled from scratch - Failed

2. Uninstalled and reinstalled java from scratch, Then wurm again - Failed

3. Uninstalled & reinstalled wurm, Unticked the update boxes, and downloaded the graphics.jar manually and put it into the packs folder

The 3rd method worked ONCE, but only once, After i had closed the game i tried to reopen it and the launcher had automatically updated slightly despite the graphics box being unticked, it then stopped on the same file "META-INF/MANIFEST.MF"

I then uninstalled and reinstalled everything in line with the 3rd method assuming I would need to do this every time I wanted to play until an official fix was released, but regardless of anything new I try my launcher forces automatic updates and stalls on "META-INF/MANIFEST.MF."

Numerous further reinstallations and going around in circles had me making new directories to install to, redownloading the packs manually and putting them in the "packs" folder (which i had empited from all folders beforehand) but its always the same now, I cannot understand why it worked once and now the launcher forces and update.

Any methods to get it to work (no matter how convoluted) will be appriciated, and news from Rolf & Co about fixes (seeing as many seem to have had this problem, but most could fix it) would also be nice.

I had the same issue.

You need to follow these steps to fix it.

1. Proceed to run wurm as normal.

2. When it hangs, select 'pack updates' and de-select the 3 tabs at the bottom 'graphics', 'sound', 'experimental'

3. Quit the launcher

4. Update the graphics patch manualy

5. Restart Wurm without updating the 'graphics', 'sound' and 'experimental'

I assume they will fix the launch patcher soon but this works to get you back into the game.

This is the post i originally followed to get it to work the one time, my problem is "5. Restart Wurm without updating the 'graphics', 'sound' and 'experimental'

It forces an update every time now, regardless of fresh install or the boxes for pack DL being ticked or not making it impossible to use this method now

I wasent getting the pmk.jar and experimental.jar files for manual download, will try them out and update on results, thanks for the reply :)

:o! The game has launched and I am logged in at the moment, But this did happen before I will relog and see if i have the same problem as before

Ok :D Unsure exactly what caused it, I just pasted all 4 .jar files into my packs folder and it now appears to work fine logging in and out

Thank you very much :D

The shaking and twitching should stop soon :P