Sign in to follow this  
DiscoDuck

Launcher Refuses To Update Graphics.jar

I have also tried every thing and can get none of it to work, please be patient everyone it will get sorted sooner or later.

Just went into my packs folder and deleted all the .jar files for graphics and it downloaded it again no problem.

We suspect there are some CDN (Content Delivery Network) issues.

I've tried deleting the whole packs folder and downloaded both graphics and sound packs again and it still doesn't work.

I've tried everything suggested, then tried a fresh download on my laptop. Not working. I will need crisis intervention for my wurm addiction!

E: I got it working. deleting graphic jar and manally installing it worked.

Edited by Deila

delete graphics.jar file(use the search feature on your comp to ensure all copies are deleted,i had 3 for some reason *bottom of start menu on win xp and win7,hover mouse in lower right corner of the screen for win8) and uninstall wurm then reinstall,works for me when that issue pops up for me from time to time

It appears that the wurm client itself (possibly with Win7 helping) has made all wurm folders read only. I have tried to undo this, but it keeps resetting every time the client opens.

I had problems to here at home, I did Copy and Replace the graphics jar with the manually downloaded jar and it suddenly started to work for me. Ghouls on the internet ???

Okay, I got it to work. This is what I did:

1. Find your Wurm install directory.

2. Delete everything in the packs folder.

3. Download the graphics and sound files from here: http://www.wurmpedia...date_has_failed

4. Open Wurm client and it should work fine.

Edited by Komimatsu

I had problems to here at home, I did Copy and Replace the graphics jar with the manually downloaded jar and it suddenly started to work for me. Ghouls on the internet ???

Same here, works after manual download, good thing I have good internet, took like a minute to fix it :)

I was able to log in using the manual download workaround earlier today but the problem just started happening again. My guess is that the manual update will only work until the game tries to update/check the .jar files again. I'm manually downloading again but it's going very slow. As I said, it will probably only be a temporary solution anyway until they get this fixed.

Well I'd love to try downloading the manual pack, but it's estimating 2 hours currently. Certainly not my connection so presume it's saturation of other people trying to get it too <_<

Rolf: "I can get in fine, false report, move on" :P

Wrong answer.

We found the cause, there will be a fix to the stable and unstable clients some time in the morning.

We found the cause, there will be a fix to the stable and unstable clients some time in the morning.

Really .... and what time is it for you?? That does not give anyone (unless they know where you live) any form of time frame.

• Like 1

Yes I am getting the same thing as everyone else. I fear this is hopeless until DEV look into this problem. for now I guess. :( And for the guy who said it should be running in the mourning what is your time frame? I'm curious :huh:

I am a new player, so don't shoot me, but I just had to pop in to say I find it quite ironic that the problem with the so called 'stable' client might be fixed by running an 'unstable client'. XD Just kidding!

Edited by Yassy