Sign in to follow this  
DiscoDuck

Launcher Refuses To Update Graphics.jar

When I try to launch Wurm, the launcher gets stuck on the analyzing stage with the text, "META-INF/MANIFEST.MF" in the progress bar. I tried renaming the graphics.jar to force the launcher to re-download another copy. This fails shortly into the download and reverts to the same problem. I have opened a copy of the graphics.jar in Winrar and tested the archive for errors, none appeared.

What else can I do to get the graphics.jar file working again? I am on dailup internet at this time as my ISP has decided we have used too much this month, so re-downloading is not a preferred action to take.

• Like 1

I'm having the same issue.

Niether the stable or unstable client seem able to update the graphic.jar.

• Like 1

If all else fails, try doing a direct download of the graphics pack from here : http://www.wurmonlin...ks/graphics.jar

Right click & then Save Target/Link As in the /wurm/packs/ folder.

As I'm seeing reports that the link is wrong, please use the one here. (Although this is where I copied it from ???)

/>http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Common_Solutions_to_wurm_bugs_%28Beta%29#The_pack_update_has_failed

Warning : This will download all of the graphic models, and not just the changes. This could take some time.

Edited by Seara
Linked to wiki

yup same here and four others from my ts server all have the same problem, half of them are using the unstable client, a couple from the US a couple from the UK and myself from China all are unable to update the graphics jar.

Have they been updating the game server and not testing it again? I really wish they would test things before lobbing them on the game, every time there is an update I ask myself 'What will they bugger up this time' rather then 'I wonder what cool change they brought in'.

HINT: Run new updates on the Test Server before releasing on this server .... is that not just common sense?

Question: Who Remembers the last flawless update to Wurm?

Edited by smellyfeet

Already tried deleting the old one and it makes no difference.

How do you mean delete the old one?

I take that to mean re-install the game...

the 'jar files are stored in /users/'user account'/wurm/packs

You need to follow these steps to fix it.

1. Proceed to run wurm as normal.

2. When it hangs, select 'pack updates' and de-select the 3 tabs at the bottom 'graphics', 'sound', 'experimental'

3. Quit the launcher

4. Update the graphics patch manualy

5. Restart Wurm without updating the 'graphics', 'sound' and 'experimental'

I assume they will fix the launch patcher soon but this works to get you back into the game.

• Like 1

i think the update server is down if there is such a thing, lol

Tried deleting graphics.jar and redownloading. It got to 100% then got this error:

>>> LoginFrame queue entry exiting.

CacheEntry[http://patch.wurmonline.com/packs/graphics.jar.idx]: updateAvailable=true,lastModified=Tue Apr 23 09:31:02 EDT 2013,length=80885

CacheEntry[http://patch.wurmonline.com/packs/sound.jar.idx]: updateAvailable=true,lastModified=Tue Apr 23 09:31:01 EDT 2013,length=3473

Size mismatch, expected 248 but got 360

*** Response details ***

File: graphics.jar

Exception in thread "Pack updater" java.lang.NullPointerException

at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderFields(Unknown Source)

at class.lk.a(SourceFile:924)

at class.lk.a(SourceFile:849)

at class.lk.c(SourceFile:481)

at class.lo.a(SourceFile:622)

at class.lo.a(SourceFile:225)

at class.lp.run(SourceFile:179)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

When i Click on the link to manually download the graphics it does nothing for me never loads or anything .... looks like i will be unable to play wurm today .... lets see if he extends premium time for a day. Which seems the least they can do since they were unable to get the game back working.

It could be the fact I have to use a VPN to get here, but nothing happens when i click on it.

I am logging in from China.

Edited by smellyfeet

HINT: Run new updates on the Test Server before releasing on this server .... is that not just common sense?

Except not everyone got this problem -.-

tryed everything still dousent work for me hope this if fixed soon

Not usually one to moan but this is a pretty serious flaw if you are unable to log into the game, computer illiterate people such as myself have a hard enough time as it is :P

I have too this problem. Stop at 0% and nothing more. I have Java 64bit, Java 34bit, Java SE 64bit and Java SE 34bit and still dont work. Win 7 64bit. Im new player.

If this game dont work send my in pw other sandbox mmo. I need Good sandbox today!

Edited by Artlar

I used the link Seara gave and downloaded the graphics.jar.tmp file and got nothing. I also went to setting and lowered graphics and advance graphics. I reinstalled Wurm. My firewall and AVG are both disabled. I have never had this problem before. How do I reach a GM from here? I hope this problem will be fixed soon. Any more advice?

No Dev has communicated anything and this problem has been a problem for many others for over 6 hours and still nothing from the dev team. Best guess they are all playing another game.

oh best of all we are paying for the game time we are using checking the launcher once an hour lol.

Edited by smellyfeet