Sign in to follow this  
waarokku

Launcher Trubbles

same problem here to get as far a Meta-inf/manifest.mf and then locks up

ok I give up I dont know what to do once the file is downloaded so I will just wait till I can click the client and play this is really frustrating

Downloading the manual files is not working for me either anymore..oh well looks like a night of "Don't Starve" for me been meaning to play that game for awhile now.

Manual downloaded the file, yet not working.

We found the cause, there will be a fix to the stable and unstable clients some time in the morning.

We found the cause, there will be a fix to the stable and unstable clients some time in the morning.

19:59 april 23 here, srry but your some time in the morning not help, can you be more precise?

• Like 1

it is morning somewhere always

I guess morning for rolf i am guessing he is the one that has to fix it so in about 8-9 hours?

I guess morning for rolf i am guessing he is the one that has to fix it so in about 8-9 hours?

kk thanks. this will be the first day i haven't played in like 5 months :( Edited by monctonclown

I hope when I get back home from work my croc still alive :| ..

Ok it took more than 12 hours since the onset of this issue for a SINGLE response from a Developer. What a load of help that was.

This is not acceptable.

You screwed something up and have caused no end of irritation for people that just wanted to wind down and play a game.

Your great words of wisdom are

... We found the cause, there will be a fix to the stable and unstable clients some time in the morning......

When you are fully aware that people are playing from around the world. Are you an IDIOT? How does that give anyone a time frame? is that 12 hours from now? 2 hours from now? I presume that simple thought is to much for you guys.

Really you guys make this game un-playable (literally) .. I wonder how many people today's issue and the moronic way in which you have gone about dealing with it will purge from the game?

Then presuming that the player Keegan is correct then that means the game has been down for a total of 24 hours. The worst FUMBLE you have done so far on a patch for this game and just days before the price increase.

You guys are hear by awarded the Medal of Downs!!!!

(oh and your offhand giggle and sorry, oppps i did it again, that you will offer to everyone later. You know where you can shove that, because it is not good enough. The least you could have done with a price increase is offered some sort of SERVICE.)

I had this problem, removed the graphics.jar from the packs folder and let the launcher re-download it. Worked for me.

I have tried both of them and both have not worked, and my downloads took hours. The DEVs are still ignoring the player base.

I have tried both of them and both have not worked, and my downloads took hours. The DEVs are still ignoring the player base.

Incorrect. But if I spend time to create responses to your angry posts above (warranted by you or not), I can't fix your issue as I'm busy replying! :)

Awesome, great post developers. Do not inform the player base of anything helpful. No snipe me instead.. . you are an idiot.

So since the paying player base are paying and you are being totally unhelpful. Allow me to show you how you can be of help.

1. Are you aware of the issue and able to fix it?

2. Do you have to wait for Rolf to fix it?

3. Do you have an ETA for when that will happen? (GMT time stamp, or a period of time from the time of your post).

4. Are you at all sorry for the frustration that you have caused the player base?

5. Has there been a discussion of compensation to those players affected?

Awesome, great post developers. Do not inform the player base of anything helpful. No snipe me instead.. . you are an idiot.

So since the paying player base are paying and you are being totally unhelpful. Allow me to show you how you can be of help.

1. Are you aware of the issue and able to fix it?

2. Do you have to wait for Rolf to fix it?

3. Do you have an ETA for when that will happen? (GMT time stamp, or a period of time from the time of your post).

4. Are you at all sorry for the frustration that you have caused the player base?

5. Has there been a discussion of compensation to those players affected?

1. This was answered by a dev a page back

2. Not specifically Rolf, but someone that can upload a new version of the client - yes. (This is being worked on now)

3. As said a page back, this would be fixed by morning (Timeframes from devs generally go from sweden time, since this is where the bulk of the devs are)

4. The problem was not something we caused, it was not something we could have predicted. If we would've known it would occur would we fix it? Of course, that is what we are doing now. Jumping down our throats while the problem is being worked on helps nobody. This was not something that we could predict - we still don't even know the exact reasons it has happened, although we have a fix ready to be pushed to the clients when we can.

5. No

Thanks for the response devs, it took quiet long for official response and I would suggest to post the response somewhere like in the launcher news for those who won't dig in forum posts but else than that I'm glad that the problem is found and being dealt with now. I'm worried of my crocodile that's all, I managed to squeeze in and drop them a few meals today from my office which happen to have a working wurm. The always starving crocodile also wasn't starving so it is all good.