Sign in to follow this  
waarokku

Launcher Trubbles

someone send me a working jar file please... cause this silly manual download seems to be coming from outer galaxy which is why it is super slow for me :( arutema@gmail.com

ok this is getting really annoying Im going to try to delete all the files for wurm lmfao

With a price increase one would expect better service. An update in the news section as far as an eta would go a long way with customers. When CA's in chat are telling people to do a "manual patch" that is unnacceptable. Please communicate and fix the problem.

With a price increase one would expect better service. An update in the news section as far as an eta would go a long way with customers. When CA's in chat are telling people to do a "manual patch" that is unnacceptable. Please communicate and fix the problem.

Agreed manual patching doesn't even work for me and honestly I feel bad for the CAs they aren't the developers they shouldn't be the ones fixing this they are to answer the general questions not fix developer issues IMO the Developers should be on here fixing this problem and answering questions about it not the CAs and Honestly Im sure the developers know the problem and are trying to fix it but it would be nice to hear from them at some point

Edited by Bellaamore

I did the cahe thing and made no difference.

Are you working on fixing the issue?

Do you know what the issue is?

Do you have an ETA on when you will have fixed the issue?

Should we delete the game and re-install?

Do you have a workaround?

Are the DEVS doing anything?

Edited by smellyfeet

Damn this is ridiculous. Spent an hour downloading the graphics.jar earlier, fixed the hanging at 0% issue. Played for a couple of hours, logged off to get some food, log back in and it hung at 29% on the first try and back to hanging at 0% on the following few attempts....

So what now? Download the graphics.jar again? has it been changed in the last few hours?

I tried to reload my PC, tried to click play on website and tried to launch the destop button.

Nothin works, any tips for a PC noob?

I'm also plagues by problems, I can get in but the updates are excruciatingly slow. These numbers should be flashing by in about a femtosecond and yet... downloading a 13 kB file takes a couple minutes???? And the problem is isolated to Wurm. The rest of my internet stuff is the fast.

Way too complicated for me. as far as I'm concerned I cant play wurm until someone makes it like it was. I don't know much about computers so this really suck for me. OH well. this was my last day off before a 6 month work term. sigh. talk about leaving a bad taste in my mouth

Edited by monctonclown

wow the graphics.jar actually was changed by 0,2 MB in the last few hours, but the patcher was not fixed. manually redownloading again fixed the issue for me.

Tried clearing cache and its hangs at 29% again - gui/Unitframes/Unitframes_Sheet.png

Well if you say its changed Keldun i guess ill try the manual DL again.

I did a manual download earlier, had my automatic updates checked off (Pack updates: graphic, sound, experimental)

Later on, i turned the automatic updates on again (how stupid of me, oh how stupid....)

And now i am stuck again, first at 29%, and now at 0%....

Downloading manually again, and this time i'll leave the automatic updated TURNED OFF!

An hour into downloading the graphics.jar file manually I have 11 hours remaining with a dl speed of between 7-11 KB/sec (I can watch streaming HD with connection I have). It would take a matter of minutes to offer this one file via torrent so that players may help one another out and avoid overtaxing Wurm's bandwidth. The lack of communication on this issue is on par with the lack of documentation. Dismayed...

Edited by Ventrifact

It's being looked into, possibly a problem with the CDN

I'm really sorry to hear that some players are having problems downloading the graphic.jar. We are looking at it.

I have purged the cache in our Content Delivery Network (CDN), which means that the jar has been fetched again from our central webserver and re-cached.

This will only help with the initial download and a manual download.

I have also enabled some new servers in the CDN to help spread the load.

In case you wonder what a CDN is, have a look in the Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia....elivery_network

The latest status should be posted in IRC #wurm

ok I must be doing something wrong I tried the manual download again what do I do after its downloaded this is crap lol

Last night downloading the graphics.jar again and putting it in manually worked fine however upon trying to login today apparently the graphics have been updated again so it's hanging on META.INF again.

I'll download the graphics.jar manually but at 500MB a pop it isn't fast, doesen't help I can only get about 800KB/s from Wurm's servers :(

Well, downloaded the graphics.jar file again and it all seems to be working fine again. Lets hope thats an end to it now.

Thanks again for the heads up that the file was altered a 2nd time today Keldun :)