Sign in to follow this  
Flarnus

Newbie Cooking Difficulties

Hello, I just started playing last week, and got some time to play a little longer this weekend. Thanks to the wiki and some helpful players, I was able to get a pretty good start.

The area that I'm struggling in is cooking. I made some pottery jars, put food in them (1 strawberry/lingonberry, 1 filet of brown bear/onion, 1 filet/garlic), then put the jars in a fire. I kept it going for about 15 minutes after the food was glowing hot, but never got any food out of it.

Am I on the right track here? Do I need to be using bowls instead of jars? And do I need to do something more simple to start?

I'm on Pristine, and have been hanging out near Wurm Academy. The people I've met from there have been very helpful, but haven't been able to invite me to join.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Flarnus

I was afraid that'd be the answer. Looks like I'll be searching for clay again. Thanks for the quick reply!

If iron is easier to find for you then you should get good enough gains from making gulasch in saucepans.

If iron is easier to find for you then you should get good enough gains from making gulasch in saucepans.

And at 15 hot food cooking switch to frying pans to make meals which is (1 fish or meat + a veggie) best food in the game :3

Aye, and if you can get hot food cooking to 30, which isn't overly difficult, a 30ql meal with get you to ~75% nutrition :D

That is really the only goal you need to set for some good skill gain bonus, it is what I have mine at and I haven't really thought about taking the time to raise it.

This is just when you get to the point of getting the skill higher

Edited by Shrimpiie

Well, just simply for a newer player they might want to get their feet under them before thinking about luxury skilling like HFC ;D

Just as a follow up, I was able to make a sauce pan, and have had some success in cooking stews and gulashes. The time waiting for food to heat ended up being a good opportunity to make some nails too.

Thanks for the advice!