Sign in to follow this  
Eldurian

Epic Quest Changes (Sorcery And Witchcraft)

Spring Update coming!

We are also planning the "Spring Update 1.1" in May-June some time. More info will follow but it will contain things such as new creature models, new music, flower beds and pots, huge improvement to Epic missions and their rewards (dragon eggs, volcano rod or even the Witch or Sorcerer ability anyone?). It all ties in with a game client performance upgrade that we've been working on as well. Come back now and prepare already!

This quote from the most recent e-mail seems to have been buried in the outrage over the fact prices were raised.

I would really like to see some discussion on these topics.

My primary interest is the new magic abilities. What is known about this feature? How will it work alongside the existing priest system or is religion about to get an overhaul? These are important questions that I have decided to put off priesthood until they are answered.

What are dragon eggs? Will we have pet dragons now???

How is the epic quest system changing? What new types of quests will we see?

Anyway. I'll open up the floor for speculation and hopefully someone with some real info.

Edited by Eldurian
  • Like 1

Flower beds and pots. **does a happy dance** :)

• Like 1

Since there's still plenty of dragons alive on Epic (people just don't care enough to kill them) a dragon egg would be pretty fun to play around with on Epic lol.

Hare [sorcerer] Does sound kind of cool haha guess im going to be the rabbit sorcerer

Edited by KellyTxX

I'm guessing the flowerbed and pots will be to grow specific ingredients for components in the witchcraft and sorcery?

I'm not really sure there's much to discuss. More or less any discussion will be speculation and guessing.

My primary interest is the new magic abilities. What is known about this feature?
Absolutely nothing whatsoever barring the two terms 'sourcery' and 'witchcraft'!

What are dragon eggs? Will we have pet dragons now???
They're eggs of dragons... And yes, technically you could (and in fact already can), however, without the crown of might you'd need to have an uber mag priest and no doubt ludicrous amounts of luck to dominate it.

How is the epic quest system changing? What new types of quests will we see?
No idea. I assume this is a 'wait and see' update.

I am however wondering about the volcano rod. I'm hoping there will be some limitations as to where it can be used, such as not in the middle of an enemy deed...

Seems odd that there is so little to discuss. I figured I just missed it. For most games we would have a lot of information on any patch only 1-2 months away.

This patch seems intentionally shrouded in mystery. Kind of interesting that way though when he talks about preparing I'd like to know what kinds of preparations I should be doing.

And that is an interesting suggestion that witchcraft could be component based magic. I hadn't even considered it though it makes all kinds of sense. I had been considering a possible link between papyrus/ink and sorcery. Possibly something involving scrolls and spell books.

Seems odd that there is so little to discuss. I figured I just missed it. For most games we would have a lot of information on any patch only 1-2 months away.

This patch seems intentionally shrouded in mystery. Kind of interesting that way though when he talks about preparing I'd like to know what kinds of preparations I should be doing.

Much in wurm is discovered through trial and error. Like when we get new items, some times we don't even know the're added until someone happens to try adding a plank to a shaft and says 'hang on, what's a thingumybob?'. Most of the information we have about the game and how it works is from observations people have made and theories refined over time.

It's part of the appeal :) - Well, to me.

Much in wurm is discovered through trial and error. Like when we get new items, some times we don't even know the're added until someone happens to try adding a plank to a shaft and says 'hang on, what's a thingumybob?'. Most of the information we have about the game and how it works is from observations people have made and theories refined over time.

It's part of the appeal :) - Well, to me.

The appeal is kinda destroyed when suddenly a "feature" that was around for years is reported as a bug by a dev, and "fixed".

Absolutely nothing whatsoever barring the two terms 'sourcery' and 'witchcraft'!

Is this a subtle leak of details? Some extension to this mystical source that has been around for a while? :o

or a simple typo? :huh:

Lol, nice idea, but typo, I know no more about this than the rest of you :P

mm volcano rod definitely going experiment with that on my deed ;)